PDA

View Full Version : I am so annoyed - and yes, i know i am shouting!

Torvaig
02-Jul-11, 10:16
I am so annoyed!

I had written a longish post extolling the virtues of the lovely Lyth Arts Centre - whose opening night I attended last night - only to find when I went to submit it that I was logged out for taking too long grrr....!

Anyway, anyone who has been to this little oasis in the Lyth countryside will know what I am talking about.

This year there are portraits, photographs, glass works, floral paintings and jewellery and of course, Betsy's tasty home baking of pancakes and scones; known throughout the world!

My own favourites are the glass panels and bowls by Joan Holdsworth and the glass jewellery and small colourful pieces of beautiful glass shapes and forms by Rachel Elliot, some of which have a refreshing sense of humour.

So for a lovely day out in the beautiful countryside of Lyth and in my old primary school, visit Lyth Arts Centre and spend a relaxing hour or so with friends; you will be glad you did and will want to return several times throughout the season.

Enjoy!:)

secrets in symmetry
02-Jul-11, 12:02
I am so annoyed!

I had written a longish post extolling the virtues of the lovely Lyth Arts Centre - whose opening night I attended last night - only to find when I went to submit it that I was logged out for taking too long grrr....!You get back to the draft of your post if you use the login window on the page that tells you you've been timed out.

sandyr1
02-Jul-11, 12:34
Torvaig...annoyed/shouting................What on earth is the World coming to!

Rheghead
02-Jul-11, 13:17
Where are the capital letters?

Kodiak
02-Jul-11, 13:28
I am so annoyed!

I had written a longish post extolling the virtues of the lovely Lyth Arts Centre - whose opening night I attended last night - only to find when I went to submit it that I was logged out for taking too long grrr....!

When you log in tick the Box that says "Remember Me". If you do this you will not be timed out no matter how long it takes you to write a post.

http://i.imgur.com/lqHyS.jpg

Torvaig
02-Jul-11, 14:54
Where are the capital letters?

I didn't want to shout too loud so used "Bold" instead!

Torvaig
02-Jul-11, 14:56
You get back to the draft of your post if you use the login window on the page that tells you you've been timed out.

Thanks for that; see, even after many years I still have a lot to learn ;>)

secrets in symmetry
02-Jul-11, 15:01
You might have to hit the back button on your browser to get back to your draft magnus opus.

Torvaig
03-Jul-11, 10:10
Thanks for that S.I.S., but I fear my magnus opus has shrunk a little! Do I hear a "Hooray" in the far distance......:lol:

sandyr1
03-Jul-11, 14:50
Were you referring 2 me...I hope so!

oldmarine
03-Jul-11, 15:30
I am so annoyed!

Anyway, anyone who has been to this little oasis in the Lyth countryside will know what I am talking about.

This year there are portraits, photographs, glass works, floral paintings and jewellery and of course, Betsy's tasty home baking of pancakes and scones; known throughout the world!

My own favourites are the glass panels and bowls by Joan Holdsworth and the glass jewellery and small colourful pieces of beautiful glass shapes and forms by Rachel Elliot, some of which have a refreshing sense of humour.

So for a lovely day out in the beautiful countryside of Lyth and in my old primary school, visit Lyth Arts Centre and spend a relaxing hour or so with friends; you will be glad you did and will want to return several times throughout the season.

Enjoy!:)

Shout away if it will make you feel better!!!

sandyr1
03-Jul-11, 15:33

Hows your day in Arizona??? Warm......Its 25 here/ loverly!

Torvaig
03-Jul-11, 15:59
Were you referring 2 me...I hope so!

No, sorry Sandy, I didn't give you a thought!

Torvaig
03-Jul-11, 16:02

Thank you oldmarine; you are a gentleman!:)

oldmarine
03-Jul-11, 17:19
Hows your day in Arizona??? Warm......Its 25 here/ loverly!

Some people call it hot at 100+ degrees F. I enjoy it. Guess I was spoiled from my time in the Pacific for 35 months during WW2. Never could take cold weather again.

oldmarine
03-Jul-11, 17:21
Thank you oldmarine; you are a gentleman!:)

Thank you for your kind words. I have been called worse for my negativity. I must learn to dwell on the positive things of life.

sandyr1
03-Jul-11, 18:51
No, sorry Sandy, I didn't give you a thought!

Oh deary me!

binnes
03-Jul-11, 19:55
Arghhh, it's a real pain when that happens...I find it best to type the thread out in notepad or similar and then copy it into the topic to avoid such eventualities :)