Andy Murray looked so sad and so defeated after his latest brush with Nadal

Better luck next time

mi16
02-Jul-11, 10:27
not good enough, end of the story!!
Doubt if it will even happen for him

tonkatojo
02-Jul-11, 14:01
That young lad Broady looks a good prospect, perhaps he could pick up when Murray gives up.

NickInTheNorth
02-Jul-11, 16:08
Don't totally write Andy Murray off just yet. He is a very talented and hardworking tennis player. To attain and maintain a ranking in the top 4 in the world for nearly 3 years (so far) is an incredible achievement. He has been runner up in 3 grand slam finals, and been a semi finalist in all 4 grand slam tournaments.

So what is his problem, why has he not yet won a grand slam title. Well to be fair it is probably better to ask what are his problems.

He has three major problems:

Roger Fedderer
Rafael Nadal
Novak Djokovic

And those three are three of the greatest tennis players EVER to have played the game. And they are all playing at the same time!

Murray will probably win a grand slam at some time in the next 5 years or so, but even if he doesn't please don't write him off as a failure as we so often like to do in the UK.

Having earned over $16 million so far in his career he's probably not too unhappy with his lot!

mi16
02-Jul-11, 16:21
I never said he was a failure, I would be more than happy with being 4th best in my field and having many millions of pounds in the bank, in fact I would be delighted with being known as the worst in my foeld if I hav millions in the bank.

However as you and I have stated he is just not good enough, 10 years ago he probably would have been good enough but alas not today.

NickInTheNorth
02-Jul-11, 16:32
However as you and I have stated he is just not good enough, 10 years ago he probably would have been good enough but alas not today.

Not so, I say he is good enough.

The hard part for Murray is he has to be on his very best form and able to sustain it for an entire grand slam to compete with the other 3. They can afford to be slightly off form and still compete.

Murray needs to be able to play like he did in the first set against Nadal yesterday. He will beat anyone in the world on the day he produces three sets of tennis like that. And one day he will.

I just hope it's on the right day.

secrets in symmetry
02-Jul-11, 17:57
I would love to be the undisputed 4th-best climate scientist in the world, the best British climate scientist for the past 70 years, and the best Scottish climate scientist ever.

Corrie 3
02-Jul-11, 19:55
I would love to be the undisputed 4th-best climate scientist in the world, the best British climate scientist for the past 70 years, and the best Scottish climate scientist ever.
And here's me thinking you were!!!!

C3......:roll::roll:;)

John Little
02-Jul-11, 20:08

But first you must become a climate scientist...