PDA

View Full Version : :(

K.B
01-Jul-11, 19:43
was not best pleased today. went to houstons cafe for lunch when my 18month old needed her nappy changing, we asked a member of staff if there was baby changing facilities to which she replied "nutt" so as we had already ordered i had no choice but to change my daughter on the hard cold floor of the ladies toilets! i was not amused with our experience and will be a long time before i will go in there again!

brandy
01-Jul-11, 20:11
been there and done that a few times in the past!
i know wetherspoons has a changing bit in the disabled toilet but i think that is the only place in the town!
was thinking about bringing in a changing mat to my shop since its a maternity shop as well.. and more than likley there will be mums with babies! at least that way they can go into the changing room.. *Grins* no pun intended and have a mat to lay baby on for a quick change!
not fun being a mum or baby with a dirty nappy in the town!

K.B
01-Jul-11, 20:33
even if they had a changing mat to lie on the floor but to have nothing at all is just sad really! Brandy defo an idea to have one you never know when a little one is going to need changed. i think its disgracefull really! plus they dont have high chairs mega family friendly indeed eh?

brandy
01-Jul-11, 20:39
one thing i said i would do.. even if its a tiny tiny bathroom.. if kiddies need the toilet.. they can always go! little ones can not hold it! and when they say they need they need! *Laughs* so it wont be hard to have a changing mat as well... i also have a chair on the shop floor for moms to be to be able to sit down and have a rest while in the shop. however, i think i may just have to have a rule that i get first dibs if anyone gives birth in my shop! *Laughs* im already broody!!

shamrock2007
01-Jul-11, 20:45
We have changing facilties in The Lunch Box

brandy
01-Jul-11, 20:48
thats great! never knew that! but saying that i dont think you were there when mine were in nappies! wonder if it would be worth asking businesses who has family friendly shops? *G* ive seen lots of prams out and about right now! could be good for business!

K.B
01-Jul-11, 21:02
great to know shamrock :)
brandy you are very organised,as a mum you will know what it feels like when shopping with little ones also when pregnant and none of it easy lol

brandy
01-Jul-11, 21:04
*laughs* as big as i got when i was preg. anywhere to sit was a blessing! even found chairs without arms so no body got stuck.. ( i was really big!)

shamrock2007
01-Jul-11, 21:14
I'm trying to make the shop really family friendly, have fab kiddie plates & a good well priced kids menu. Always open to more suggestions though

brandy
01-Jul-11, 21:19
will have to stop in! ive got a fussy 8 and 6 year olds!!

shamrock2007
01-Jul-11, 21:23
If its not on the menu just ask! Will be in a lookie to yours aswell when I get a day off. All the best with the opening

K.B
01-Jul-11, 21:25
Brilliant!! Good on you Shamrock :)

brandy
01-Jul-11, 21:25
*laughs* thanks! sam would live off toast if he could! and ben cheesy pasta! so finding a middle ground! i do get tired of spoons with the kids!

Spring Flower
02-Jul-11, 18:18
this has happened to me on a few occassions as well but i have just changed the baby on my knee. its really easy once you get into the hang of it.

K.B
04-Jul-11, 17:07
only thing is spring flower is she is 18months old and not the best at staying still to get changed so not that easy to do that now, was a doddle when she was wee