PDA

View Full Version : ASDA too Late he cried!

bigpete
23-Sep-06, 13:21
Apathetic? Pathetic? what word am I searching for?
On Wednesday next, Highland Council will finally decide on whether ASDA comes to Thurso.
At the time of initial refusal a petition was started on Caithness.org. and there are now some 2,929 signatures on the ASDA debate - these will count as just ONE objection.

By the amount of virulent utterances on that petition we would be led to believe that a vast majority of those who took the trouble to input their name and post code would be pretty certain to show their support if given the chance.
That chance was given, Caithness.org has continually published contact names and addresses on who to contact to register their support.

And yet in spite of all the hot air and empty statements a mere fraction of us got off our backsides and sent in their support:

73 individual letters of representation in support of the proposals,
a letter of “overwhelming” support for the application from the Thurso Community Council,
a petition with 13 signatures in support of the proposals and
200 pro-forma representations (179 – in support, 21 against and 1 undecided).
The original 71 Objections from the June meeting still stand..

Oh well 265 folk did their bit - wonder where the remaining TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTY FOUR are?

So what's the word I'm looking for?

Piglet
23-Sep-06, 13:47
Well i for 1 put my letter of support for asda to the council.
There is still time for a few more letters to be brought to there attention.
Heres hoping all goes well

bigpete
25-Sep-06, 09:49
Well done piglet..

Oh well 201 views, just confirms apathy 'nuff said

dragonfly
25-Sep-06, 10:07
I emailed my letter of support for Asda a couple of weeks ago, are these not taken into account??

teritoots
25-Sep-06, 12:16
I also emailed mine? It was never acknowledged though??

topotheuk
25-Sep-06, 15:47
I emailed mine too, but never got an acknowledgement?

jaykay
25-Sep-06, 16:39
I posted my letter of support 2 weeks ago but still have not received a confirmation letter to say it had been received.

Loafer
26-Sep-06, 07:11
Apathetic? Pathetic? what word am I searching for?
On Wednesday next, Highland Council will finally decide on whether ASDA comes to Thurso.
At the time of initial refusal a petition was started on Caithness.org. and there are now some 2,929 signatures on the ASDA debate - these will count as just ONE objection.

By the amount of virulent utterances on that petition we would be led to believe that a vast majority of those who took the trouble to input their name and post code would be pretty certain to show their support if given the chance.
That chance was given, Caithness.org has continually published contact names and addresses on who to contact to register their support.

And yet in spite of all the hot air and empty statements a mere fraction of us got off our backsides and sent in their support:

73 individual letters of representation in support of the proposals,
a letter of “overwhelming” support for the application from the Thurso Community Council,
a petition with 13 signatures in support of the proposals and
200 pro-forma representations (179 – in support, 21 against and 1 undecided).
The original 71 Objections from the June meeting still stand..

Oh well 265 folk did their bit - wonder where the remaining TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTY FOUR are?

So what's the word I'm looking for?

If I had a clue where or who to send it to I would have done. There was nothing in our local "news" papers.

The Loafer

concerned resident
26-Sep-06, 08:14
Maybe ASDA should have had a word with who ever put up that monster tower at Janet’s town, they must know the right people or have the right hand shake.

bigpete
26-Sep-06, 12:33
On the first page of caithness.org click on THE ASDA DEBATE ( http://www.caithness.org/fpb/asda/index.htm (http://www.caithness.org/fpb/asda/index.htm) ) and it's down on the left:
2 August 06
For Anyone Wanting To Support Asda Planning Application
Here is who you should write to in support of any planning application -The Planning Application Reference for Asda is 06/0038/OUTCA
And address the letters to
Mr Iain Ewart
Caithness Planning and Building Standards Manager
The Highland Council
Market Street
Wick

Lavenderblue2
26-Sep-06, 12:46
I agree with you wholeheartedly - that ugly monstrosity is the first thing I see every morning when I open my bedroom curtains!!

LB

Maybe ASDA should have had a word with who ever put up that monster tower at Janet’s town, they must know the right people or have the right hand shake.