PDA

View Full Version : Should Rheghead stop posting stuff about Global Warming and Wind Farms?

Rheghead
28-Jun-11, 14:07
Are you getting bored of it or is it interesting and informative?

Pending the result of the poll I will act.

Kells
28-Jun-11, 14:28

Why have a poll about what you post? Post what you want, it is a public forum. If it is ignored by others then you know there is no interest in what you post and if you get some flack for your views then toughen up or stop posting.

oldmarine
28-Jun-11, 14:32

OK by me. I read these posts for both information and entertainment.

Alice in Blunderland
28-Jun-11, 14:43
Post whatyou like and when you like so long as its within the rules. If nothing else it creates a debate. ;)

Gronnuck
28-Jun-11, 15:38
It's a public forum so you post what you want provided it's with the rules.
Having said that the debate regarding wind farms has become polarised and all we seem to hear is the same old arguements which is getting tiresome.
We need a technology that can stand alone, provide all the energy we need without having to be subsidised by the growing number of people on low fixed incomes suffering fuel poverty.[disgust]

gleeber
28-Jun-11, 15:50
It's been done to death Rheghead. waste o time. It's entertaining and informative though and I think you hold your own but they wont let you forget your history. That's the problem with forums. If you change your mind its too late. :lol:

bekisman
28-Jun-11, 16:27
Just a thought Reggy, but are you anything to do with being an advisor on renewable energy for local government or something?

Walter Ego
28-Jun-11, 17:29
Post away Reg. All views and subjects should be welcome (as long as they are the same as mine, that is).

Rheghead
28-Jun-11, 20:13
Post whatyou like and when you like so long as its within the rules. If nothing else it creates a debate. ;)

Thank you but you have raised the question what constitutes a debate.

I consider a debate to be an exchange of views during which the issue of changing one's mind is constantly at risk due to reason. If someone takes part in a 'debate' intent on disrupting the free flow of viewpoints using abusive language or undermining the 'debate' by repeating rhetoric without due consideration of an opposing view then it isn't a debate as such.

bekisman
28-Jun-11, 20:42
Thank you but you have raised the question what constitutes a debate.

I consider a debate to be an exchange of views during which the issue of changing one's mind is constantly at risk due to reason. If someone takes part in a 'debate' intent on disrupting the free flow of viewpoints using abusive language or undermining the 'debate' by repeating rhetoric without due consideration of an opposing view then it isn't a debate as such.Sorry Rheghead, bit of a kettle and black springs to mind in this context.. I may not be a scientist (same as you) but I do have the right to my opinions, and a number of times I have posted reasoned and deliberate comment for debate, for you to red-rep me with one liners such as 'lies'.. without any explanation of this terse retort.. in fact in all the years I've posted on here YOU, my friend are the only one that has red-repped me - in fact this stifling of debate has led me to disable my reputation, something that a few hundred of us have done on the Org.

Your unique action of red-repping so many posters has disrupted the free-flow of viewpoints, and I find it incredible that you cannot consider an opposing view without resorting to such silly and immature actions..
I also find it incredible that you had an opposing view on whether Global Warming was caused by man - and that you have since 'changed your mind', you nevertheless chastise and even red-rep others who do not share your (present) viewpoint..

PS And of course talking about 'debate' YOU wrote this to me; "They don't debate with me for fear of having their views totally shattered. People only believe what they want to believe and like the comfy zone. But then you only know that too well XXX "

Kettle/black?

theone
28-Jun-11, 21:18
I voted no.

Not because of Rheghead, or his views, but because it is one of the subjects on here that keeps cropping up, raising the same debate, then dying down for a week or so.

Rheghead
29-Jun-11, 01:11
I voted no.

Not because of Rheghead, or his views, but because it is one of the subjects on here that keeps cropping up, raising the same debate, then dying down for a week or so.

Thank you and that is fair enough and that was my primary concern, in a recently leaked PM, a well known poster described my interest in green issues as a 'rabid obsession' and that is why he keeps stalking me (wowee I finally have a stalker :) )just to wind me up as a bit of fun but I wondered if it was just getting boring or tiresome for others.

bekisman
29-Jun-11, 05:46
Thank you and that is fair enough and that was my primary concern, in a recently leaked PM, a well known poster described my interest in green issues as a 'rabid obsession' and that is why he keeps stalking me (wowee I finally have a stalker :) )just to wind me up as a bit of fun but I wondered if it was just getting boring or tiresome for others.Relax reggy, have no fear, I ain't the only one who think you 'over-milk' the windfarm and global warming thing.. fair enough let's have reasoned 'debate' without your nasty repping..
Further to my earlier question, intimated by another orger; 'are you anything to do with being an advisor on renewable energy for local government or something'? as it 'may' seem a tad indelicate, showing your masters your enthusiasm in 'spreading the word'? - just a thought..

But you must relax, remember this is a light-hearted general forum not an official platform for narrow viewpoints.. ;)

N.B. Ah I see "Environmental consultant for Local Government" dated: 16th Jan 2010

Oh yes, what happened to this? (16th Jan 2010): "I'm retiring from wind farm/ global warming threads from now on if it causes such bitterness. I think I'll be doing my homelife a great service tbh". - make your mind up Reggy!

Rheghead
29-Jun-11, 11:51
Relax reggy, have no fear, I ain't the only one who think you 'over-milk' the windfarm and global warming thing.. fair enough let's have reasoned 'debate' without your nasty repping.. ....
But you must relax, remember this is a light-hearted general forum not an official platform for narrow viewpoints.. ;)
]

If this is a light-hearted forum then why all the abusive and belittling comments which goad me into giving you a red rep? Why not leave me alone or actually sensibly debate on the points which I cover? The truth is that you (in your own words from that leaked PM) love to wind me up, so why play the victim when I give you bad rep. If you want me to shut up about wind farms and stuff then why engage? A tad hypocritical if you ask me.

There are posters here who just post about their own subjects of interest whether it be horses or rabbits etc, if that is their thing then fine, if it isn't of interest then I move on. What response would I get if I know nothing about the subject but clearly want to antagonise the poster? Red rep perhaps? And probably well deserved. :roll:

And of course you will reply with another PM or quote from me from aeons ago and totally out of context, seems you like doing that to others as well.

bekisman
29-Jun-11, 12:20
If this is a light-hearted forum then why all the abusive and belittling comments which goad me into giving you a red rep? Why not leave me alone or actually sensibly debate on the points which I cover? The truth is that you (in your own words from that leaked PM) love to wind me up, so why play the victim when I give you bad rep. If you want me to shut up about wind farms and stuff then why engage? A tad hypocritical if you ask me.

There are posters here who just post about their own subjects of interest whether it be horses or rabbits etc, if that is their thing then fine, if it isn't of interest then I move on. What response would I get if I know nothing about the subject but clearly want to antagonise the poster? Red rep perhaps? And probably well deserved. :roll:

And of course you will reply with another PM or quote from me from aeons ago and totally out of context, seems you like doing that to others as well.
Eh? am I honestly the only one you bad rep? don't be a silly billy! I seem to remember a very recent poster who (because you gave him an unwarranted bad rep) says: "I shall now play by your rules and every comment you make that I dont agree with will be met by red rep.What goes around,comes around."..

I find no evidence in the above case where they 'goaded' you into issuing a bad rep? You seem very selective there old boy.

You should really follow your own advice reggy and 'leave me alone'. I don't want you to 'shut up about windfarms' you're doing quite well yourself in that direction - keep digging.

Almost just posted this, but whoops! you've just added an addendum - I don't antagonise you reggy, it's just your inability to debate in robust discussion and resort to being 'red rep reggy' - which unfortunately I've now precluded by disabling my reputation - oh dear WHAT are you going to do now?

Reply with a PM? Nah don't do that now, I've been informed that others like to see your responses.. enjoy ;)

PS Why are you displaying names of posters who vote on your thread? not kosher old boy!

Rheghead
29-Jun-11, 12:24
You are at it again, give it up, move on. Don't waste more of your life collating a dossier of me on your hard drive. I'm touched though.

bekisman
29-Jun-11, 12:50
You are at it again, give it up, move on. Don't waste more of your life collating a dossier of me on your hard drive. I'm touched though.Eh? Dossier? nah, I just check to see what you've said before, like your total U turn on man-made Global warming, surely you don't want me to post that again? - you seem unable to accept that others may have doubts? - well of course you don't, you've red-repped folk for not being in agreement with you..

Why, you've still not told me why my Greenpeace post was worthy of a red rep and the word 'lies' in a PM - really, I am intrigued.
I'm pleased you've also reached the conclusion that 'you're touched' - very brave of you..;)

Rheghead
29-Jun-11, 13:10
Move on, change the subject. Let go.

Gordon Bonnet
29-Jun-11, 13:15
Carry on regardless Rheghead.

Carole
29-Jun-11, 13:32
Initiating a poll on whether you should stop posting on a subject suggests that it is more about you than about the topic of Global Warming (by the way, aren't we supposed to call it Climate Change these days?). Either way, I am not voting.

Saveman
29-Jun-11, 15:16
I've never received a red rep from Rheghead and I've had several interesting debates with him. What am I doing wrong Rheggy? ;)

bekisman
29-Jun-11, 15:27
Divine intervention?

John Little
29-Jun-11, 17:31
Maybe he doesn't use long words?

"Get used to it if he doesn't get his own way. He'll even support his rant with a fancy word that'll have you reaching for your dictionary just to prove that he is more intelligent than you."

That's me apparently.

I don't actually think that way.

But it tells me there's a bag o chips on someone's shoulder - and that's why I get red rep. I've got two now from Red Reggie and I cannot think of others save a possible surrogate.

The rep thing does'nt bother me.

But getting it for nowt raises the same feeling in me as when one of those silly little dogs does its business on your front lawn and runs away feeling very pleased with itself.

So if I'm going to get it I might as well earn it.

And that sours the forum. You can't 'debate' with people who do such things.

Mystical Potato Head
29-Jun-11, 18:16

Thats a tad hypocritical isnt it?Especially as this poll is all about you continuing to post on the same subject,one you have no intention of letting go.

Cinderella's Shoe
29-Jun-11, 22:07
http://forum.caithness.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Rheghead http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=864680#post864680)

Well MPH lets see if he keeps his word if he loses the vote.

canuck
30-Jun-11, 22:06
Thanks for the thread Rheghead.
Life in the big city has kept me so busy that I have been a bit out of touch with the org energy. It has been great to get caught up. And gleeber's right. The org has a very long memory.

2little2late
30-Jun-11, 23:11
Carry on posting Reghead, global warming is great, wind turbines are a useless waste of money. Keep it up man post a million times if you want.

crayola
01-Jul-11, 11:14
Carry on regardless Rheghead.Absolutely. :) It's good to see you back too Percy. I thought you'd given up the ghost or been banished to the Org jail for life.

gleeber
01-Jul-11, 11:15
Its good to see you back too crayola.

bekisman
01-Jul-11, 11:49
Absolutely. :) It's good to see you back too Percy. I thought you'd given up the ghost or been banished to the Org jail for life.
Are you back for a while? and 'Percy' not THE Percy (Toboggan)?

Green_not_greed
01-Jul-11, 12:08
...and stop a great source of entertainment, no - keep posting Rheghead!

Global warming - I'm all for it. The sooner the Caithness climate is like that in the south of France, the better!

GNG

Ricco
02-Jul-11, 16:02
Keep it going, Rheghead! Someone needs to be the conscience of the org, otherwise we will all do the ostrich manouver and lose the plot.

oldmarine
03-Jul-11, 17:44
Maybe he doesn't use long words?

"Get used to it if he doesn't get his own way. He'll even support his rant with a fancy word that'll have you reaching for your dictionary just to prove that he is more intelligent than you."

That's me apparently.

I don't actually think that way.

But it tells me there's a bag o chips on someone's shoulder - and that's why I get red rep. I've got two now from Red Reggie and I cannot think of others save a possible surrogate.

The rep thing does'nt bother me.

But getting it for nowt raises the same feeling in me as when one of those silly little dogs does its business on your front lawn and runs away feeling very pleased with itself.

So if I'm going to get it I might as well earn it.

And that sours the forum. You can't 'debate' with people who do such things.

It's good to read the retired John Little and his delightful comments recognizing our interesting Rheghead. Go for it guys.

binnes
03-Jul-11, 19:58
Thank you and that is fair enough and that was my primary concern, in a recently leaked PM, a well known poster described my interest in green issues as a 'rabid obsession' and that is why he keeps stalking me (wowee I finally have a stalker :) )just to wind me up as a bit of fun but I wondered if it was just getting boring or tiresome for others.

You should be so lucky - I hope it's one in the cyber sense as opposed to physical.

Just carry on posting...you have a right to along with the rest of us on here...if people dont like, then dont read - easy!!