PDA

View Full Version : BT Vision and other shiny techy things.

Phill
28-Jun-11, 00:08
I've bin lookin into this tellybox mullarky over me phone with the GPO. Now what I don't get is that they tell me I need an antenna thingymebob for the tellybox, then they say I need the broadband fer me tellybox!Which one is it?And is it any good or am I better off just sticking with me li'l old black n' white analogue box?Oh, an' who fits tellybox / wireless aerials around 'ere. ( proper fits 'em like, not the poor mans cowboy jobbies) ??

111heather
28-Jun-11, 08:26
what they r tryen to tell you is that you need a good ariael have broad band and a bt vision box stick we sky

NickInTheNorth
28-Jun-11, 08:31
the aerial is needed because the "normal" channels you will get are just the standard terrestrial channels available to everyone through a "freeview" box.

The BT part of the offering is the "on-demand" content - which is pretty good - includes sports, films, documentaries, kids TV etc.

You also get the ability to record and pause live TV like you do with Sky plus. If your Broadband ever falls below about 2mb then forget it, you'll not be able to use any of the on-demand stuff.

Try moonboots on here for an aerial, or Colin Chessor's do 'em

Kodiak
28-Jun-11, 13:02
Moonboots is your man to install anything to do with TV. He is Good and does not charge you an arm and a leg either.

Phill
28-Jun-11, 14:30
Thanks for the replies all, makes a bitty more sense now.Life was a lot easier with 3 channels and you used to have to get up to change the tellybox over.Think I will close the thread in outrage over the number of channels available, and the fact that we are all bone idle lazy bums 'cos we can't be bothered to get of our arses anymore to change channel on the tellybox and its most probably lead to a pitiful lack of gramma and spellink and general dumbing down of just about everything and the reason wagon wheels aren't as big as they used to be.