PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having problems wi Sky TV

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Sep-06, 02:44
Its driving oor hoose barmy.Is it global warming or do I need an engineer?:lol: :lol:

j4bberw0ck
23-Sep-06, 08:06
If you mean occasional very brief picture freezes, sound and vision going out of sync, and mysterious clunks and bangs as the signal drops out for a moment, yes.

If you mean the quality of the programming, for the most part, yes to that too :lol:

If you mean that every time I look at my bank statement, Sky seems to have crept up in price a little more, yes to that, in addition :lol:

_Ju_
23-Sep-06, 09:35
j4bberw0ck, zapping at £15, with 99 channels and nothing on ( I know that is a lyric, but from where.....I'm getting old) or paying £30 once for the same??? I choose the one off payment and pocket the rest on a good online dvd rental. ;)

Naefearjustbeer
23-Sep-06, 09:49
Before calling an engineer. Try unplugging it from the wall and take out your sky card leave it for a few (10) minutes then plug it back in and put your card in. We have found that this has sorted out a few problems with ours in the past. Remember actually unplug dont just switch it off with the remote.

golach
23-Sep-06, 13:46
Before calling an engineer. Try unplugging it from the wall and take out your sky card leave it for a few (10) minutes then plug it back in and put your card in. We have found that this has sorted out a few problems with ours in the past. Remember actually unplug dont just switch it off with the remote.
That is what the SKY helpline will ask you to do when you phone them,and it works 99% of the time, but they only said 1 (one) minute to me.

j4bberw0ck
23-Sep-06, 14:49
j4bberw0ck, zapping at £15, with 99 channels and nothing on ( I know that is a lyric, but from where.....I'm getting old) or paying £30 once for the same??? I choose the one off payment and pocket the rest on a good online dvd rental. ;)

Ju, the lyric is The Boss - Bruce Springsteen. Sums it all up nicely, too!

Well now home entertainment was my baby's wish
So I hopped into town for a satellite dish
I tied it to the top of my Japanese car
I came home and I pointed it out into the stars
A message came back from the great beyond
There's fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

:lol:

We'll be moving house soon and I'm seriously contemplating just ditching Sky until HD is better established and the price comes down (backside of never, probably). Freeview gives 90% of what we watch anyway so this might be the time to do it....

Cedric, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.