PDA

View Full Version : road works

Doreen
27-Jun-11, 15:44
To all drivers on the way to mey be very careful there is loads of loose stone chippings an i lost control of my car and lu.cky nothing was coming the other way very scary it was terrifying still got shaky legs.

changilass
27-Jun-11, 16:50
If there is loose chippings, there should be signs to warn you to slow down, otherwise the road crew are liable.

taffy
27-Jun-11, 18:25
I have it on good authority that there are signs up so drive slowly.

annemarie482
27-Jun-11, 18:47
there's loads of stretches of road in caithness just now newly chipped.
so far all i have seen have signs saying loose chips and max 20mph.
that and the fact the newly chipped stretches are a different colour makes them easily spotted when looking ahead.
common sense really.
part of your " hazard perception" ;)

Stack Rock
27-Jun-11, 18:48
My experience is that warning & 20 mph speed signs are always in place. If chipped roads are driven according to the conditions there should not be a problem.
This year is no exception, I’ve come across inconsiderate drivers ignoring the warnings and overtaking and approaching at speed - and it’s your car that gets splattered with chips.

Doreen
27-Jun-11, 20:28
Here we go people presuming that i ignored the speed limit well let me tell you i am a careful driver always slow down and keep to speed limits and before i came across the chippings on the road there was no sign and i was only going at forty but yes there was signs just after i started to skid and no my tyres are new why do people on here jump and are ready to open there gobs when they dont know i was just giing a warning as to what happened but i know where this thread is going so i will just close it.