PDA

View Full Version : New Mini Somerfield Wick

stratman
22-Sep-06, 22:07
Every time I go to wick there is a New Mini parked across two bays near the Exit of the Somerfield carpark. Always there. It has never been within a bay no matter how full the car park has been. Is this a local joke? It certainly makes me laugh. I even make detours to see if it is there.......I suppose that makes me quite sad really! Bet you look next time your there though.:lol:

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 22:20
Every time I go to wick there is a New Mini parked across two bays near the Exit of the Somerfield carpark. Always there. It has never been within a bay no matter how full the car park has been. Is this a local joke? It certainly makes me laugh. I even make detours to see if it is there.......I suppose that makes me quite sad really! Bet you look next time your there though.:lol:
Maybe it's a BMW with a mini bodykit.[lol]

stratman
22-Sep-06, 22:33
Ah h! Is it trying to woo me into it's BMW ways (sneaky).

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 22:48
Woman driver? got me running trainers on byee

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 23:17
Woman driver? got me running trainers on byee
Well there was a theory that women drivers need two parking bays but you said it saxo, not me........[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Sep-06, 23:19
A Mini ootside Somerfield......ma eyes have gone.A did see a woman in a mini today but it wisnae a car.:lol: :lol:

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 23:21
Thanks for backing me up pultney now your in it, Hope your fit

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 23:21
A Mini ootside Somerfield......ma eyes have gone.A did see a woman in a mini today but it wisnae a car.:lol:
Ahahahahahahahahahahhahaha.........ma sides are sore wee ye.[lol]

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 23:23
Thanks for backing me up pultney now your in it, Hope your fit
Am fit till run.....[lol].........e't wisnae me.:D

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 23:29
Tuff ur in it till e neck noo :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Sep-06, 23:31
Tuff ur in it till e neck noo :lol:

Ah dae hope I didnae scratch its paintwork wi the trollies the night!!!:lol:

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 23:35
think its the trolley dollies U have 2 look oot fur

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Sep-06, 23:38
think its the trolley dollies U have 2 look oot fur

I am a trolley dollie....sometimes......:lol: :lol:

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 23:45
sorry i mean the dollys wi the pink v3 stuck 2 there lug causing carnage down the aisles

Naefearjustbeer
23-Sep-06, 00:41
I quite often park squint or accross 2 bays in a car park. It helps to stop all those doddery ones smacking your car when they let there car door swing right open. Or when someone trys to squezze a trolley between 2 cars and doesnt quite make it. I dont really care if someone thinks I am crap at parking. It is deliberate.
Oh yes and never park beside a fancy new car because dumbo with the wonky wheeled trolley will be too busy trying to avoid the brand new beemer that your one takes the hit. And never park beside an old banger because they dont care what happens as they are already bashed so a few more dings wont matter when they swing onto your pride and joy.

Saxo01
23-Sep-06, 00:48
I hear what ur saying so whats ur pride & joy, Sorry its one of my favourite stevie ray vaughan tunes

Moira
23-Sep-06, 01:04
A Mini ootside Somerfield......ma eyes have gone.A did see a woman in a mini today but it wisnae a car.:lol:

Cedric - are you sure it wasn't me - the legs of ma breeks shrunk the last time I put them thru' the tumbler dryer ? ;)

connieb19
23-Sep-06, 01:06
Cedric - are you sure it wasn't me - the legs of ma breeks shrunk the last time I put them thru' the tumbler dryer ? ;)Moira, are you sure your legs didna stretch when hubby pulled you out of the Camps Kareoke by the ankles? :eek:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Sep-06, 01:14
Cedric - are you sure it wasn't me - the legs of ma breeks shrunk the last time I put them thru' the tumbler dryer ? ;)

Nah.Wisnae ye Moira.Always yer smile I see before yer shrunken breeks!!!!:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Sep-06, 01:16
Moira, are you sure your legs didna stretch when hubby pulled you out of the Camps Kareoke by the ankles? :eek:

OOOERRRRR...tell us the secrets Connie!!!!!:lol:

Moira
23-Sep-06, 01:32
Nah.Wisnae ye Moira.Always yer smile I see before yer shrunken breeks!!!!:lol:

Cedric - you're so sweet. Never dwell on my shortcomings - thank you.

Moira
23-Sep-06, 01:37
OOOERRRRR...tell us the secrets Connie!!!!!:lol:

Connie has a selective memory Cedric - ignore her. They paid me to prise her off the karaoke machine - I bought us all a Chinese with the proceeds [lol]

connieb19
23-Sep-06, 01:40
Connie has a selective memory Cedric - ignore her. They paid me to prise her off the karaoke machine - I bought us all a Chinese with the proceeds [lol]
I never did get to finish Rose Garden lol :lol: Oh well, my voice is well rested and ready for next time.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Sep-06, 01:43
I never did get to finish Rose Garden lol :lol: Oh well, my voice is well rested and ready for next time.

Karaoke and a Chinese.Bliss,pure Bliss:lol: .....curry farts anyone?

Saxo01
23-Sep-06, 01:52
As jasper carrot said karaoke translated means U silly pillock

dirdyweeker
24-Sep-06, 00:59
I quite often park squint or accross 2 bays in a car park.

No doubt when observed folk think I cannot park but I too do this to protect my car from others doors. I don't think the bays are wide enough.Also I find it difficult to get in or out of the car if there are others on either side.

stekar
25-Sep-06, 22:05
The mini belongs to one of the supervisors in Somerfield.

It is annoying to get trolley dints on the side of the car, but hogging two spaces every day.

I always park as far away as possible from the supermarket where it's usually quieter, hoping that no-one will bash the side of my car.

connieb19
25-Sep-06, 22:29
The mini belongs to one of the supervisors in Somerfield.

It is annoying to get trolley dints on the side of the car, but hogging two spaces every day.

I always park as far away as possible from the supermarket where it's usually quieter, hoping that no-one will bash the side of my car.i thought staff were supposed to park at the far end of the carpark? :confused:

burstbucker
26-Sep-06, 17:47
It belongs to a woman who works in an office in the town centre.

stratman
01-Oct-06, 21:53
I did not expect this kind of response.
I visited today and it wasn't there. I felt quite sad!!!

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 21:56
I was actually looking for it on Friday when i went to wick & felt disappointed too. :~(

northener
03-Oct-06, 15:21
If you're so frightened of getting your precious cars 'damaged' then park somewhere else! Clogging up two bays is extremely ignorant, absolutely no excuses! The bays aren't too narrow at all. They're the same width as the ones in Inverness multi storey. Nobody down there seems to have a problem with it.

What you all forget when you make life easier for yourself and harder for the next poor sod who's trying to find somewhere to park is that we have something in Caithness called FREE PARKING. A very rare situation indeed. Every time some brainless muppet doesn't play the game, as well as hacking off every sensible and courteous driver around them, they are adding ammunition to the Highland Councils Revenue Dept who are already casting covetous eyes over all this missed profit.

They could quite easily justify more 'regulation' (for that read charges) on the grounds that there are too many people abusing the sytem and we need a revenue stream to enforce it.

You'll notice that if you head south, NOBODY parks across two bays in a paying council carpark as they know they will get a ticket for doing it!

I've noticed that the younger end seem less prone to parking badly than the older end. Would this be because they have been taught how to do it properly prior to passing their test?

If you genuinely cannot reverse into the bays in Somerfield then i suggest you really do get some tuition for a Driving Instructor. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help out.

Until then, try parking on a nice wide road somewhere with no parking restrictions - or other cars - cause you probably can't do a parallel park either....

stratman
03-Oct-06, 18:26
The day they charge to park in Wick is the last day I shop in the town!