PDA

View Full Version : Trinkie/North Bath Clean Up

Spongeboab
27-Jun-11, 00:06
could someone please put me in touch with whoever organises the clean up at the Trinkie

many thanks :)

_Ju_
27-Jun-11, 07:59
I might be wrong, but I don't think the trinkie has been cleaned up in the last few years. I was walking down there last summer, but couldn't see the bottom of the pool as the water was dark from algea, etc.
As for the north baths, it used to be lovely to take the kids down there, but the last time i was there (2 years ago), the ammount broken glass beer bottles at the shallow end had us leaving lickety split. Stereo typing I know, but the only people I can think who would find a reason and find it comfortable to go drink beer in such a place, and to then break the bottles against the pool wall would be teenagers/undeage drinkers. Correction: Odious and selfish teenage/underage drinkers.

bcsman
27-Jun-11, 09:05
it was always volunteer's that cleaned up the trinkie and the north baths,giving up their free time for nothing to help clean these sea pools,however the trinkie hasnt been cleaned up for the last few years,probably due to a lack of volunteer's.

could someone please put me in touch with whoever organises the clean up at the Trinkie

many thanks :)

Leanne
27-Jun-11, 10:01
It's such a shame :(

Dog-eared
27-Jun-11, 12:35
Try Bank Row Heritage centre.

Spongeboab
27-Jun-11, 20:32
it was always volunteer's that cleaned up the trinkie and the north baths,giving up their free time for nothing to help clean these sea pools,however the trinkie hasnt been cleaned up for the last few years,probably due to a lack of volunteer's.

thanks, i know it's done by volunteers, that's why i was asking who organises the clean up so that i can help.

Cheers Dog Eared, i'll ask the folk at the Heritage Centre

Princess
27-Jun-11, 23:14
I attend a group run by pultneytown peoples project and we are thinking about volunteering to clean up the trinkie or north baths.

youoldduffer
28-Jun-11, 00:20
I maybe wrong but didn't some of the local fishing boats contribute to the cleaning.