PDA

View Full Version : Green from Rheghead!

John Little
25-Jun-11, 18:12
Look what I just got...

"Thread: Extreme Weather event... (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?148517-Extreme-Weather-event-in-Dundee-yesterday&p=863271#post863271)
More red for the insult and the trolling.... Rheghead."

Only problem is that it ain't red.

It's GREEN.

Thanks Rheghead! :lol:

Rheghead
25-Jun-11, 18:14
Damn I'll just have to wait. lol

John Little
25-Jun-11, 18:16
Better be careful.

If everyone you give red rep to did the same to you then you would not be where you are today...

bekisman
25-Jun-11, 18:23
When will you grow up Reggy?

John Little
25-Jun-11, 18:25
When will you grow up Reggy?

He's 6th most popular Orger at the moment. Maybe he'll calm down when he's number one, having red repped his rivals down the league...

sort of boy racer syndrome.

Corrie 3
25-Jun-11, 18:56
It just go's to show how easy it is to get things wrong!!!!

C3....:roll::roll:;)

changilass
25-Jun-11, 19:04
He's 6th most popular Orger at the moment. Maybe he'll calm down when he's number one, having red repped his rivals down the league...

sort of boy racer syndrome.

Didn't even know there was a list

bekisman
25-Jun-11, 19:06
Didn't even know there was a list
Was news to me too, I've now disabled my reps, wonder if Reggy will as well?

John Little
25-Jun-11, 19:15
Was news to me too, I've now disabled my reps, wonder if Reggy will as well?

I must look at how to do that!! Might make a change of attitude on a certain party's part...

david
25-Jun-11, 19:27
Not that I give a jot, but I got red repped by two individuals over PC McConnachie!!

david
25-Jun-11, 19:32
It just go's to show how easy it is to get things wrong!!!!

C3....:roll::roll:;)

Yes it is isn't it? You'll remember red repping me for the thread "Are the Police above the law"?

John Little
25-Jun-11, 19:38
OOOOH - look - I have no rep!!

Does this mean I can now say what I like to toxic trolls and they do not have the satisfaction of throwing a red tantrum at me?

rich62_uk
25-Jun-11, 19:53
Look likes you have taken some ones toy away ! Wonder if there will be a tantrum ? :)

david
25-Jun-11, 19:56

Does this mean I can now say what I like to toxic trolls and they do not have the satisfaction of throwing a red tantrum at me?

I don't understand why folks could be bothered red repping or green repping for that matter. What's the end result of it anyway? Is there an annual trophy/prize up for grabs?

david
25-Jun-11, 19:57
Mind you I seem to remember "repping" at some point on here.

John Little
25-Jun-11, 19:59
Rheghead is almost at the point where he is the most popular poster on the org. Apparently if you red rep somebody then their position goes down, or so I am given to understand- and if no-one red reps Rheghead then his goes up. I guess there must be a certain satisfaction in it...

So I've followed Bekisman's lead and opted out of the rep system - I can't be bothered with it.

david
25-Jun-11, 20:01
Rheghead is almost at the point where he is the most popular poster on the org. Apparently if you red rep somebody then their position goes down, or so I am given to understand- and if no-one red reps Rheghead then his goes up. I guess there must be a certain satisfaction in it...

So I've followed Bekisman's lead and opted out of the rep system - I can't be bothered with it.

So there is an annual Trophy/prize/holiday in the Bahamas up for grabs then!!??

Corrie 3
25-Jun-11, 20:02
Yes it is isn't it? You'll remember red repping me for the thread "Are the Police above the law"?
Aye but at least I got the colour right not like Reggy who meant to give red but gave green by mistake!!!

C3.....:roll:;)

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:05
So there is an annual Trophy/prize/holiday in the Bahamas up for grabs then!!??

I don't know David - it's beyond my fathoming I'm afraid. It may have some thing to do with manhood - but that's just a guess.

david
25-Jun-11, 20:05
Aye but at least I got the colour right not like Reggy who meant to give red but gave green by mistake!!

C3.....:roll:;)

Valid point

david
25-Jun-11, 20:08
I don't know David - it's beyond my fathoming I'm afraid. It may have some thing to do with manhood - but that's just a guess.

There must be some motive.... Surely?

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:09
Well I share that view too but there's quite a group of folk who've been red-repped for very little reason that I can see. The rep thing is the only thing that makes sense - but really you are as wise as I am in this matter.

bekisman
25-Jun-11, 20:11
I don't know David - it's beyond my fathoming I'm afraid. It may have some thing to do with manhood - but that's just a guess.Hmm you might well be right there John - I must admit I'm getting rid of my polluting 140BHP V70 Volvo estate so I can help save the planet - trouble is I've just purchased another V70 Volvo and it's 170BHP!

(But it's got seven seats; more room for the grandchildren, as the pushbikes not big enough)

david
25-Jun-11, 20:12
Well I share that view too but there's quite a group of folk who've been red-repped for very little reason that I can see. The rep thing is the only thing that makes sense - but really you are as wise as I am in this matter.

Perhaps the mods can advise why we have this thingy on here to start with?

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:15
Perhaps the mods can advise why we have this thingy on here to start with?

That is an excellent suggestion.

david
25-Jun-11, 20:18
How do you do the reppy thing anyway?

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:21
To switch it off? General settings in your own settings.

bekisman
25-Jun-11, 20:22
How do you do the reppy thing anyway?
It's the little star thing on the left, by the triangle..

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:26
But you can still give rep. I just red repped Rheghead for 'sanctimonious twaddle' which apparently deducts from his reputation. If he gets enough then his position in the rep ratings will fall apparently.

david
25-Jun-11, 20:27
It's the little star thing on the left, by the triangle..

Damned if I can find it!

david
25-Jun-11, 20:32

You should have now!!

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:34
Nope - switched off.

david
25-Jun-11, 20:39
Nope - switched off.

Oh dam, thought I'd taken your "rep" virginity!!

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:42
Too late - I am old in the ways of both red and green. Both taste the same so I have opted out of the rat race. It's very liberating.

david
25-Jun-11, 20:45
Too late - I am old in the ways of both red and green. Both taste the same so I have opted out of the rat race. It's very liberating.

Think I'll keep my reppy settings on, cos quite frankly I don't give a monkeys!

bekisman
25-Jun-11, 20:51
Come on Reggy, disable your reputation; seems 228 of us have.

If you don't, it might well confirm you are red repping (i.e. deducting 'points' from others) so that you can clamber to the top - go on be a man, show you're not an Org climber..

It's all nonsense you know.. it's not real, it's all pretend..(really)

Oh go on... ;)

John Little
25-Jun-11, 20:53
David-

Good for you - that's healthy.

I will not put mine back on because I do not wish either to appear in the league table or for anyone else to see where I am. It removes a source of trouble.

It's like playing Monopoly. I never care whether I win or lose. But I do dislike playing against those people who just have to win at all costs. They show their characters in this as in no other way.

david
25-Jun-11, 20:55

Anway you can always reply to someone you disagree with and call them a "troll"-(I had to google that one)!

John Little
25-Jun-11, 21:04
Yep - trolls often call people who disagree with them trolls. Rheghead has called me a troll twice in red reps and several other orgers too.

Another tactic not unknown on the Org is for someone to have multiple identities and post in different names to support what they are saying in another. This apparently is common with real trolls - but it often gets noticed because the original poster becomes noticeable by their absence.

Funny old world in internet forums.

david
25-Jun-11, 21:14
Yep - trolls often call people who disagree with them trolls. Rheghead has called me a troll twice in red reps and several other orgers too.

Another tactic not unknown on the Org is for someone to have multiple identities and post in different names to support what they are saying in another. This apparently is common with real trolls - but it often gets noticed because the original poster becomes noticeable by their absence.

Funny old world in internet forums.

I seem to remember you referring to me as one of them "trolly thingys" but didn't worry me. Thought it was something from "Dungeons and Dragons"!

Rheghead
25-Jun-11, 21:29
I seem to remember you referring to me as one of them "trolly thingys" but didn't worry me. Thought it was something from "Dungeons and Dragons"!

Get used to it if he doesn't get his own way. He'll even support his rant with a fancy word that'll have you reaching for your dictionary just to prove that he is more intelligent than you.

John Little
25-Jun-11, 21:37
Hark! I hear an echo....

Mystical Potato Head
25-Jun-11, 21:40
Hark! I hear an echo....

I also hear pot,kettle and black.

RecQuery
25-Jun-11, 21:44
As somone who has been on the Internet for a while, I feel the need to point out that you aren't trolling someone if you disagree with them.

On the subject of D&D trolls, I seem to recall you needing fire or acid to kill them.

Mystical Potato Head
25-Jun-11, 21:53
As somone who has been on the Internet for a while, I feel the need to point out that you aren't trolling someone if you disagree with them.

On the subject of D&D trolls, I seem to recall you needing fire or acid to kill them.

No thats very true but you are a troll if your primary intent is to stir up arguments(not discussions)and basically call people idiots because they dont conform to said troll's point of view.

This is probably the easiest way to deal with well known trolls.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

John Little
25-Jun-11, 21:55
You are right of course.

Do you think I should lock this and let it fall?

Mystical Potato Head
25-Jun-11, 21:58
You are right of course.

Nah,let it ride. :lol:

david
25-Jun-11, 22:02
You are right of course.

Reckon you should say and do what you believe in regardless of red reps, troll allegations etc. Thats what I do.

John Little
25-Jun-11, 22:10
Yes - I see that. But before I believe in something I try to know something about it. If I know nothing about it then it's hard to believe it it.

Similarly if I know nothing on a topic then I really should not speak about it.

Take this post for example;

"I've not heard that material shortages for batteries will be a bottle neck, but a google search seems to show that lithium is more abundant than first thought. There was a concern for some 'rare earth' metals used for the magnets but despite the generic chemistry term, the particular rare earths that are used are not particularly rare either and recycling older magnets will ease problems as well."

I know absolutely nothing about it. I know nothing of the properties of Lithium or what 'rare earth metals' are or why they are used for magnets. Or of recycling older magnets.

So I could not possibly have the brass neck to hold forth about it.

But if I ask a few of my fellow orgers if they think it would be best to close this thread then I will listen to what they say - and probably act on their advice.

david
25-Jun-11, 22:18
Yes - I see that. But before I believe in something I try to know something about it. If I know nothing about it then it's hard to believe it it.

Similarly if I know nothing on a topic then I really should not speak about it.

Take this post for example;

"I've not heard that material shortages for batteries will be a bottle neck, but a google search seems to show that lithium is more abundant than first thought. There was a concern for some 'rare earth' metals used for the magnets but despite the generic chemistry term, the particular rare earths that are used are not particularly rare either and recycling older magnets will ease problems as well."

I know absolutely nothing about it. I know nothing of the properties of Lithium or what 'rare earth metals' are or why they are used for magnets. Or of recycling older magnets.

So I could not possibly have the brass neck to hold forth about it.

But if I ask a few of my fellow orgers if they think it would be best to close this thread then I will listen to what they say - and probably act on their advice.

Don't honestly see the point in starting a thread and then closing it. Just let it run it's course and don't be bullied or undermined along the way. It's only a forum afterall and your not going to please everyone along the way. Who cares?

John Little
25-Jun-11, 22:20
That too is wise.

ducati
25-Jun-11, 22:26
Repped everyone on on the thread that I could. Two notable exceptions :~(

John Little
25-Jun-11, 22:31
Repped everyone on on the thread that I could. Two notable exceptions :~(

I hope that it was all red
but for me- I'm off to bed.
So for the now this thread
will be totally out of my head.

Night night all.

:cool:

ducati
25-Jun-11, 22:37
I hope that it was all red
but for me- I'm off to bed.
So for the now this thread
will be totally out of my head.

Night night all.

:cool:

Now that deserves rep John...what the..damn!

david
26-Jun-11, 18:24
I have had Metalattack red rep me with "FFS grow up" as a parting comment. It would seem that this reppy thing is open to abuse. Didn't particularly bother me, but I can imagine others being offended.

Moira
03-Jul-11, 22:21
The thing is, so far as I am aware, switching your Rep off does nothing, nadda, zilch..... to stop the Good/Bad Rep reaching you.

I've never given Bad Rep on these forums, except in retaliation. I have, by mistake, given bad rep when I had intended to deliver the good stuff. I've always PM'd the poster and apologised. I've more than made it up to them afterwards. :)

I've also sent good rep to some folk who have sent me bad. That usually causes some confusion, but going by some of the replies I've received, I think it is a great reality check.

I've never read so much rubbish from (allegedly) intelligent people on this thread. I think it's time you all grew up.

Margaret M.
03-Jul-11, 23:16
I've never read so much rubbish from (allegedly) intelligent people on this thread. I think it's time you all grew up.

I was thinking the very same thing, Moira. Why does anyone give a hoot about this rep stuff??

Metalattakk
03-Jul-11, 23:44
I have had Metalattack red rep me with "FFS grow up" as a parting comment. It would seem that this reppy thing is open to abuse. Didn't particularly bother me, but I can imagine others being offended.

As I've said before, only the best of idiots get red rep from me. You really have to deserve it before it is awarded.

Nice to see you've taken my advice on board though.

Bazeye
04-Jul-11, 02:42
I'd love a red rep. I'm Billy no mates. No pm's no texts,no phone calls, no facebook invites. Whats the point in living.

david
04-Jul-11, 08:56
As I've said before, only the best of idiots get red rep from me. You really have to deserve it before it is awarded.

Nice to see you've taken my advice on board though.

And swearing to communicate your feelings is very grown up?

Metalattakk
04-Jul-11, 10:13
And swearing to communicate your feelings is very grown up?

Thought you said it didn't particularly bother you?

Someone's telling porkies, methinks.

david
04-Jul-11, 10:53
Thought you said it didn't particularly bother you?

Someone's telling porkies, methinks.

Doesnt bother me, just interested to know why you think it's acceptable to use "FFS grow up" while red repping, as I consider this pretty childish and not really the sort of language I would use in communication with someone especially if I'd never met that individual before. Just my thoughts. I won't be loosing sleep over it!

Metalattakk
04-Jul-11, 11:28
Doesnt bother me, just interested to know why you think it's acceptable to use "FFS grow up" while red repping, as I consider this pretty childish and not really the sort of language I would use in communication with someone especially if I'd never met that individual before. Just my thoughts. I won't be loosing sleep over it!

Sauce for the goose and all that.

If I remember correctly, I 'red-repped' you for a particularly idiotic statement you made on the "McConnachie" thread. The language, whether I know you or not, was entirely appropriate given the level of ludicrous lunacy you exposed to the world on that particular occasion.

Glad you haven't lost any sleep over it, as that certainly wasn't the intended effect. ;)

david
04-Jul-11, 11:48
Sauce for the goose and all that.

If I remember correctly, I 'red-repped' you for a particularly idiotic statement you made on the "McConnachie" thread. The language, whether I know you or not, was entirely appropriate given the level of ludicrous lunacy you exposed to the world on that particular occasion.

Glad you haven't lost any sleep over it, as that certainly wasn't the intended effect. ;)

It's probably just the way your parents brought you up with regards to swearing. As for ludicrous lunacy. It was pretty obvious on the "McConnachie" thread that this "policeman" was either mentally unstable or not really a policeman as turned out to be the case, which is what I thought all along.

Metalattakk
04-Jul-11, 12:01
It's probably just the way your parents brought you up with regards to swearing. As for ludicrous lunacy. It was pretty obvious on the "McConnachie" thread that this "policeman" was either mentally unstable or not really a policeman as turned out to be the case, which is what I thought all along.

That may be so, but that's not what you posted and that's not what I red-repped you for and well you know it.

Why don't you copy and paste the actual post I repped you for? After all, if you want everything out in the open (as it appears from your recent demeanour) then come on, back it up big man.

Let the world decide if it was worthy of my comment.

david
04-Jul-11, 13:36
That may be so, but that's not what you posted and that's not what I red-repped you for and well you know it.

Why don't you copy and paste the actual post I repped you for? After all, if you want everything out in the open (as it appears from your recent demeanour) then come on, back it up big man.

Let the world decide if it was worthy of my comment.

Well I have had a look and I'm not sure which one of my posts were worthy of your "FFS" reply. If you go through that old thread it is pretty obvious that I don't think hes a copper. You surely don't expect the world to condone swearing?

Metalattakk
04-Jul-11, 14:24
Well I have had a look and I'm not sure which one of my posts were worthy of your "FFS" reply.

Click on 'Settings' up on the top right of this page, and there you can see the last 10 posts for which you received reputation. Click on the one I gave you and it takes you straight to the corresponding post you made.

You surely don't expect the world to condone swearing?

Not only does World + Dog condone swearing, they actively participate.

It is however against the Org rules, so if it bothers you, report it to the mods. I'd remove the swearing you've done yourself in this thread first though, just to be on the safe side.

david
04-Jul-11, 16:28
Click on 'Settings' up on the top right of this page, and there you can see the last 10 posts for which you received reputation. Click on the one I gave you and it takes you straight to the corresponding post you made.

Not only does World + Dog condone swearing, they actively participate.

It is however against the Org rules, so if it bothers you, report it to the mods. I'd remove the swearing you've done yourself in this thread first though, just to be on the safe side.

Okay, so I referred to the bogus boby as a "tit" and I apologise if this caused offence to this bogus poster or to anyone else for that matter. It clearly offended you, however two wrongs dont make a right and I am sure you could have articulated your point as I could have in a better way. You are correct swearing is against the rules, however the rep facility gives individuals such as yourself the means to swear round the back door. Perhaps the mods should remove the reppy thing altogether. As far as I know I haven't sworn in this post other than to quote what you repped about me.

Metalattakk
04-Jul-11, 16:53
Okay, so I referred to the bogus boby as a "tit" and I apologise if this caused offence to this bogus poster or to anyone else for that matter. It clearly offended you, however two wrongs dont make a right and I am sure you could have articulated your point as I could have in a better way. You are correct swearing is against the rules, however the rep facility gives individuals such as yourself the means to swear round the back door. Perhaps the mods should remove the reppy thing altogether. As far as I know I haven't sworn in this post other than to quote what you repped about me.

Quoting a swear-word is counted as swearing. There is no doubt about this, it's in the forum rules.

Whether it actually constitutes swearing or not, I'm not offended by it. I am a grown-up after all. If you are offended by it, by all means report it. That's what the report function is there for.

I'm far more offended by the idiocy you spouted, endlessly, in that McConnachie thread. I had a look through all your posts in it and it was harder to find one that did not merit my response than did.

Idiocy is allowed to be posted, although challenging that idiocy brings nothing but more idiocy.

You're right, the forum does indeed need its rules changed.

david
04-Jul-11, 17:09
Quoting a swear-word is counted as swearing. There is no doubt about this, it's in the forum rules.

Whether it actually constitutes swearing or not, I'm not offended by it. I am a grown-up after all. If you are offended by it, by all means report it. That's what the report function is there for.

I'm far more offended by the idiocy you spouted, endlessly, in that McConnachie thread. I had a look through all your posts in it and it was harder to find one that did not merit my response than did.

Idiocy is allowed to be posted, although challenging that idiocy brings nothing but more idiocy.

You're right, the forum does indeed need its rules changed.

There were quite a few idiots who thought the bogus bobby was genuine.