PDA

View Full Version : Amputees support group

Fran
22-Sep-06, 01:22
There are plenty of support groups in Caithness for all kinds of illness like cardiac, asthma,arthritis etc but none for amputees, and there are quite a few here. I am trying to start a support group by getting people together at a meeting in Caithness General Hospital, where they can decide whether to go ahead and form a committee etc. If you know of any people who have lost a leg or an arm, who would like to have a support group where they can meet and discuss their conditions etc, please get them to contact me. thankyou.

Fran
28-Sep-06, 02:41
an Amputees support group will be started shortly. A meeting will be held in the Caithness General Hospital and it is hoped to form a committee and form a support group. there will be a guest speaker.If anyone would like to attend or need transport, please contact me.

dirdyweeker
28-Sep-06, 09:06
Good for you Fran! I am sure your support group will grow as word spreads. It is so nice of you to be doing something to help others. Keep up your good work.

Fran
03-Oct-06, 01:55
I'm getting worried....no one has contacted me with regard to setting up this group which has been requested by 2 amputees. Hope a few will contact me very soon, even to say they are not interested!

Ann
03-Oct-06, 08:20
How about contacting the local press? They may be willing to do a small article instead of you having to pay for an advert. Maybe you have done this already as not everyone is in touch with the org.

Have you contacted the various medical practices? They can approach their patients to see if they are interested.

Or even arrange an actual meeting (informal if need be) to see who turns up. Again, plenty of publicity to inform people. It is amazing how many folks don't read these things in the press!

Good luck

teritoots
03-Oct-06, 12:28
Fran I sent you a pm a couple of days ago but you never replied?

Fran
04-Oct-06, 01:24
Have sent you another pm, hope you get this one. love your horse.

teritoots
04-Oct-06, 08:49
Hi Fran thanks got message. Thanks he's the best horsey (well I think so anyway :D )