PDA

View Full Version : closed tread....police overtaking

bigk
22-Jun-11, 22:19
The thread from "William" was closed...probably because it involved a "police car" speeding when it overtook "William" who had his cruise control set at 60mph on the causwymire...a few of you suggested that if the police car was on an emergancy call that was fine but according to William no blue lights or sirens were present when the police car broke the speed limit to overtake him and he very rightly said if it was the other way about "he"(william)would more than likely be done for speeding...surely these people sent here to "police" our county should come under the same rules of the road as we all do if they are not on an emergancy call and if they are they should clearly display the fact???? lights/sirens etc!!!......for those of you dont believe the "one rule for them another for the rest of us"....your mugs its an everyday fact and i for one would be more than happy to tell any copper that fact before anyone suggests i am brave behind a computer!...freedom of speach is not(yet) a crime?.....

sids
22-Jun-11, 22:26
"William" is some sort of loony.

A Police car passed him, so he chased it. He needs help- special help.

Carole
22-Jun-11, 22:40
The thread from "William" was closed...probably because it involved a "police car" speeding when it overtook "William" who had his cruise control set at 60mph on the causwymire.....

I suspect that the thread was closed by William who realised - after a few replies - what a fool he had been to start the thread in the first place.

Phill
22-Jun-11, 23:05
All "William" needs to do is write a strongly (grammatically and correctly spelt) letter to the Worshipful Master oops Chief Constabobble.

annemarie482
22-Jun-11, 23:10
I suspect that the thread was closed by William who realised - after a few replies - what a fool he had been to start the thread in the first place.

exactly.
he never got the responce he had been fishing for...........

ducati
22-Jun-11, 23:17
I'm sure if you do that bigk, the local constable will be more than happy to help you down the stairs.:eek:

Walter Ego
23-Jun-11, 07:09
The thread from "William" was closed...probably because it involved a "police car" speeding when it overtook "William"

Proof?

......for those of you dont believe the "one rule for them another for the rest of us"....your mugs its an everyday fact.....

Ah, the font of all wisdom speaks.

....and i for one would be more than happy to tell any copper that fact before anyone suggests i am brave behind a computer!.......

Only ever posted by inept types who wouldn't......

Nothing to see here, move along.

NickInTheNorth
23-Jun-11, 08:13
Simple facts.

The police are subject to the same rules as the rest of us when driving.

They do break speed limits - and they can be brought before the courts if caught doing so. If they are responding to an emergency then the courts may agree the action was justified.

Blues and twos do not need to be used, they are simply there to draw attention. If the roads are quiet then there is no need for them.

William is an idiot that thinks he is the worlds finest driver and should be able to drive as fast as he wants where he wants.

bcsman
23-Jun-11, 08:15
"Driving back from Inverness yesterday Coming towards Georgemas junction about 17:35 cruise control set at 60mph, looked in rear view mirror to see a white car getting closer then i realise it's a police 58 plate marked mondaeo no lights or sirens sat behind me over the bridge then over took an drove off! i flasshed my lights 3 times as this really p*ssed me off they never took any notice so put my foot down to catch them they were turning wick way an me thurso pulled up next to them an tried to get there attention an they drove off.
Why do the get away with speeding?
if that had been me i'd be writing this now with a fine and points
1 rule for us an one for them Not IMPRESSED!"

I would like to know why William chased after the police?.Was he goin to pull the police over and give them a good ticking off for speeding,after he himself(William)put his foot down to catch them(the police)?.
William must think he has the right to tell other road users how to drive(the William way).
Bit of a hothead and dangerous driver me thinks.

secrets in symmetry
23-Jun-11, 09:09
I get annoyed by the police and ambulances driving in residential 30mph areas without lights or sirens at speeds that I would estimate are well in excess of 50mph. I was almost flattened by an ambulance travelling at at least 60mph whilst crossing the road last month. I had checked carefully before crossing, but the ambulance came around a slight bend at such a speed that there was no way I could have seen it before crossing. I was a safe distance from the bend for traffic moving at 30-40mph (or more.)

bcsman
23-Jun-11, 11:00
it could have been alot worse,you could have stepped on the road after the ambulance passed you by only to be knocked over by an irate william chasing after the ambulance to give the ambulace crew a ticking off for speeding.

I get annoyed by the police and ambulances driving in residential 30mph areas without lights or sirens at speeds that I would estimate are well in excess of 50mph. I was almost flattened by an ambulance travelling at at least 60mph whilst crossing the road last month. I had checked carefully before crossing, but the ambulance came around a slight bend at such a speed that there was no way I could have seen it before crossing. I was a safe distance from the bend for traffic moving at 30-40mph (or more.)

mi16
23-Jun-11, 12:56
The think that William missed out on is the fact that car speedometers are inaccurate and as such having his cruise set exactly to 60mph he was more than likely only doing around 54mph and as such he could be overtaken legally. many police cars (especially traffic cars) use calibrated speedometers so 60mph to them will be 60mph.

What does get my goat though is the CNC that parol my area on an hourly basis, several times I have been stuck behind a CNC van doing 20mph on a single track road and they will not pull over to let you go on your way.

William
23-Jun-11, 22:00
My driving is far from perfect i know that an maybe i should not have tried to catch them but it's the second time this has happened! i drove the whole way along the causwaymire with no cars behind me then this police car appears in the mirror an overtakes me you honestly telling me if my speedo was out by 6mph this would have happened that quick i think not!

As for my spelling it may not be perfect but surely to god you get the idea.

At the end of the day you can pick holes all you want i couldn't care less the fact of the matter is POLICE are ment to enforce the law and not BREAK it!

Moira
23-Jun-11, 23:21
Hi William

What I'd actually like to know is if you closed the original thread yourself?

The OP on this thread is suggesting otherwise.

William
23-Jun-11, 23:29
Yes i closed it myself should not have started it i'll just go back under my rock

bcsman
23-Jun-11, 23:38
dont be so hard on yourself William,we all make mistakes and you did the right thing and held your hand up.some people were hard on you here,myself included but i think chasing the police is not the right thing to do,even if they are in the wrong.
cheers.

Yes i closed it myself should not have started it i'll just go back under my rock

Moira
23-Jun-11, 23:40
Thanks for clearing that up William, much appreciated.

My point in asking the question was to establish that the thread had been closed by yourself and not the Admin of these forums at the behest of the Police as was suggested by the OP of this thread.

I'm not suggesting you go back under any rock - that's a hard place to be. :)

sandyr1
24-Jun-11, 01:55
My driving is far from perfect i know that an maybe i should not have tried to catch them but it's the second time this has happened! i drove the whole way along the causwaymire with no cars behind me then this police car appears in the mirror an overtakes me you honestly telling me if my speedo was out by 6mph this would have happened that quick i think not!

As for my spelling it may not be perfect but surely to god you get the idea.
At the end of the day you can pick holes all you want i couldn't care less the fact of the matter is POLICE are ment to enforce the law and not BREAK it!

Police Officers are allowed to circumvent certain Highway Traffic/ Road Safety Act Laws, in the 'execution of their Duty'.

northener
24-Jun-11, 07:11
There is no legal requirement for blue lights unless they would be of benefit to other road users. So the Police are not breaking any law if they choose to 'make progress' with reason - providing it is safe to do so.

northener
24-Jun-11, 07:18
Worded my response badly - cannot edit:

If the officers decide there is no need for blue lights, or there is an operational reason for not using them - then they don't have to use them.

ducati
24-Jun-11, 07:27
I think a good resolve to this burning issue is for everyone to fit blue lights and sirens, but only put them on when you are speeding.:eek:

Phill
24-Jun-11, 08:20
........or there is an operational reason for not using them likewise with batons and truncheons, even when there is no operational requirement they often find they are of benefit to those wishing to make full confessions.

sids
24-Jun-11, 12:36

That's not really William saying that.

It's "Them."

Corrie 3
24-Jun-11, 12:40
I see the said car with cruise control is now up for sale, is that because the Police made a note of the number?

C3......:roll:;)

Blazing Sporrans
25-Jun-11, 01:19
likewise with batons and truncheons, even when there is no operational requirement they often find they are of benefit to those wishing to make full confessions.I think you'll find this type of policing more in Life on Mars rather than modern day Phill, likewise the crack about Masons. Do you need a tow to help you out of the 70's? :)

ducati
25-Jun-11, 07:06
I think you'll find this type of policing more in Life on Mars rather than modern day Phill, likewise the crack about Masons. Do you need a toe to help you out of the 70's? :)

Fixed it for you.

NickInTheNorth
25-Jun-11, 08:38
Taken from some reputation received from William
Who are you? some sad git sitting in on the computer all day calling me an idiot!! Get a life

To answer your questions William, I'm Nick, I don't sit at my computer all day, but when I do sit there I read what other people write and respond as I see fit.

When I see someone that claims to be a bus driver admitting in public that they decided to break the law and speed after an alleged police car because they had been overtaken by said "police car" I call it as I see it.

That person is an idiot.

What if they didn't like your new driving and stopped you and did you for dangerous driving, you would doubtless lose your job. That same person has previously admitted to speeding and avoiding speed bumps, and other dubious driving measures. Makes me wonder if Williams employers know what sort of dangerous deluded idiot is driving buses for them?

Leanne
25-Jun-11, 10:42
NIN - thanks for clearing that up. If W is a bus driver I know exactly who he is lol

As for blue lights and sirens - they'd be annoying over a long journey. Why put them on if they don't need to?

NickInTheNorth
25-Jun-11, 14:02
It would also be worth pointing out to William that his cpmplaint that the police in question were driving as if the law does not apply to them the guidance as issued by the ACPO (association of chief police oficers). This is the guidance that the police have in respect of issuing fixed penalties, or prosecuting for speeding.

Taken from http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/faq.html#ACPO

The ACPO Speed Enforcement Guidelines

Speed Limit (mph)
Fixed Penalty
Summons

So assuming that William was actually driving at 54mph (many cars speedos are 10% out) and assuming that the police were driving as per ACPO guidance and actually doing 68mph that is a speed differential of 14mph. Looks quite quick when someone catches you at that rate.

William
25-Jun-11, 22:32
That same person has previously admitted to speeding and avoiding speed bumps, and other dubious driving measures. Makes me wonder if Williams employers know what sort of dangerous deluded idiot is driving buses for them?

Point proved there that you sit on the computer for so long with nothing better to do than look through my old posts!

Just for the record Work and home are two different things you are more than welcome to come see my driving if you can tear yourself away from the pc long enough, atleast that way you'd know first hand instead of judging people by what they say in a forum

orkneycadian
25-Jun-11, 22:40
I get annoyed by the police and ambulances driving in residential 30mph areas without lights or sirens at speeds that I would estimate are well in excess of 50mph. I was almost flattened by an ambulance travelling at at least 60mph whilst crossing the road last month.

Probably in a hurry to get the grannies to the lunch club before the mince and tatties got cold - Most of the vehicles across this side of the water with "Ambulance" emblazoned on them now are not emergency vehicles, but minibuses that take old dears on days out, shopping, to the Salvation Army etc. Run by the likes of the Red Cross and other voluntary organisations.

Kinda devalues the term. Chances are now, if you see the word in your rear view mirror (right way or back to front), its just an enthusiastic charity driver, so no need to pull in and let them by!

ducati
25-Jun-11, 22:48
Probably in a hurry to get the grannies to the lunch club before the mince and tatties got cold - Most of the vehicles across this side of the water with "Ambulance" emblazoned on them now are not emergency vehicles, but minibuses that take old dears on days out, shopping, to the Salvation Army etc. Run by the likes of the Red Cross and other voluntary organisations.

Kinda devalues the term. Chances are now, if you see the word in your rear view mirror (right way or back to front), its just an enthusiastic charity driver, so no need to pull in and let them by!

I've never read such irresponsible nonsense, what about the mince and tatties?????

orkneycadian
25-Jun-11, 22:56
Havent you, or they, heard of microwaves?

bcsman
25-Jun-11, 23:44
you are right Ducati,ive seen some of orkneycadian's comments here on the org and i have to say that his comments are mince,i think its because his head is full of mince

I've never read such irresponsible nonsense, what about the mince and tatties?????

orkneycadian
25-Jun-11, 23:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-rVVRZoC8

You can stop at 0:30.....

bcsman
25-Jun-11, 23:55
you can stay on it all the way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhsBfNxWILg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-rVVRZoC8

You can stop at 0:30.....

orkneycadian
25-Jun-11, 23:58
Your better off on the one that takes the shorter, more sheltered route! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPt066UQovs

bcsman
25-Jun-11, 23:59
not for you my friend ;)

Your better off on the one that takes the shorter, more sheltered route! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPt066UQovs

upolian
26-Jun-11, 11:19
William what have you done!

bigk
27-Jun-11, 16:38
"William" is some sort of loony.

A Police car passed him, so he chased it. He needs help- special help.
who said he chased it???....can you read!!

golach
27-Jun-11, 16:45
Bigk can you read, the following is a direct copy from Williams post

"i flasshed my lights 3 times as this really p*ssed me off they never took any notice so put my foot down to catch them they were turning wick way an me thurso pulled up next to them an tried to get there attention an they drove off."

bigk
27-Jun-11, 16:46
I'm sure if you do that bigk, the local constable will be more than happy to help you down the stairs.:eek:
they only brave behind that stupid lookin uniform....thats why they will never meet anyone one on one to sort something out like a man no arrests etc......i would go toe to toe with any one of the scum.

bigk
27-Jun-11, 16:48
Bigk can you read, the following is a direct copy from Williams post

"i flasshed my lights 3 times as this really p*ssed me off they never took any notice so put my foot down to catch them they were turning wick way an me thurso pulled up next to them an tried to get there attention an they drove off."
No i cant read or write sorry!

golach
27-Jun-11, 16:49
they only brave behind that stupid lookin uniform....thats why they will never meet anyone one on one to sort something out like a man no arrests etc......i would go toe to toe with any one of the scum.

Looks like we have another big brave keyboard warrior here, [lol]

Metalattakk
27-Jun-11, 16:59

Aye, but their Dad's bigger than yours.

Walter Ego
27-Jun-11, 17:15

[lol][lol][lol]

And the award for the most pathetic post of the year goes to 'Big' K!

I salute you.

mi16
27-Jun-11, 17:16

WTF is that all about?
Jings, I the Police are employed to enforce the law, not to go "toe to toe" with knuckle dragging neanderthal's.

Corrie 3
27-Jun-11, 17:30
[lol]

And the award for the most pathetic post of the year goes to 'Big' K!

I salute you.
It was a cracker wasn't it Walter, no doubt if a Constable took Big K "round the back" to sort it out he would complain to the Chief Constable after his beating!!!
I just love big brave men, they turn me on as much as a Policeman's uniform does!!!

C3......:roll:;)

sids
27-Jun-11, 17:41

We like to think the cops have better things to do than join in playground fights.

NickInTheNorth
27-Jun-11, 19:00
who said he chased it???....can you read!!

Taken from the original post by William in his closed thread Police!

Driving back from Inverness yesterday Coming towards Georgemas junction about 17:35 cruise control set at 60mph, looked in rear view mirror to see a white car getting closer then i realise it's a police 58 plate marked mondaeo no lights or sirens sat behind me over the bridge then over took an drove off! i flasshed my lights 3 times as this really p*ssed me off they never took any notice so put my foot down to catch them they were turning wick way an me thurso pulled up next to them an tried to get there attention an they drove off.

Why do the get away with speeding?
if that had been me i'd be writing this now with a fine and points

1 rule for us an one for them Not IMPRESSED!

So fairly clear in Williams own words "so put my foot down to catch them" sounds like chasing to me :)