PDA

View Full Version : Blues lovers

Gleber2
21-Sep-06, 14:16
Legendary British blues guitarist, Tony Macphee, who became world famous with the Groundhogs in the early seventies is coming to record in Caithness. Also coming is Mark Naples a singer/songwriter from Edinburgh. Any of my Orger friends who want to hear this feast of music should PM asap as there is a lot of interest in this session.

He is here on Saturday 30th September.

Saxo01
21-Sep-06, 23:19
Unfortunately im working that weekend but i will pass on the message to the hairy les paul player, blues weekend over here should be a fine change

highlander
22-Sep-06, 00:27
Any chance of getting katie meula, shes a fantastic singer lol

Gleber2
22-Sep-06, 13:14
Any chance of getting katie meula, shes a fantastic singer lol

A bit out of our league. Katy Moffat, our last visiter was as good a female singer as I have heard in a long time and her songs were as good as Melua's.

MadPict
23-Sep-06, 00:19
How about recording it and posting for all to hear?

changilass
23-Sep-06, 00:31
You only get to hear the music if you make the effort to go:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Sep-06, 00:35

Too true changilass.....live is best.As I found out with the voice of Julianne Regan,without the cock ups of Top of the Pops:D

Saxo01
23-Sep-06, 00:37
yep don't miss a unique opportunity to see such an artist i've heard of him from a local bluesman a few years back & if he thinks hes good well goddam they dont get much better

MadPict
23-Sep-06, 13:57

Long way for me to travel I'm afraid....:(

Gleber2
25-Sep-06, 22:25
Long way for me to travel I'm afraid....:(

Would be worth it. Shaping up to a full house. After all, you are only in England.

MadPict
25-Sep-06, 22:31
And you are only about as far from here as you can get :D

Gleber2
26-Sep-06, 11:51
And you are only about as far from here as you can get :D

Don't know about that. You in 668 and me in 665 you're only across the street.

canuck
26-Sep-06, 14:39
Come on, MadPict, give it a second thought. I did. Even checked air line tickets.

MadPict
26-Sep-06, 15:36
It would probably be cheaper for you to fly from Canuckia to the UK and back...

canuck
27-Sep-06, 14:21
MadPict, I think that you are right about the airfare.

Now about the performers. Blues has its place. But if it is not in your soul then the person to hear is Mark Naples. He is a young man with a marvelous talent for capturing the essence of life and bringing it to life with his guitar and his voice. Enjoy.

Chobbersjnr
27-Sep-06, 16:53
Now about the performers. Blues has its place. But if it is not in your soul then the person to hear is Mark Naples. He is a young man with a marvelous talent for capturing the essence of life and bringing it to life with his guitar and his voice. Enjoy.

indeed Mr. Naples is goooooood!!

I'm looking forwrd to TS as I've never heard anything of him ever, I just know he's got a big name

according to those that know & are into him seem to prefer him on his own, so it's all looking good

YEEEEEEEHAW

canuck
30-Sep-06, 03:34
Have a wonderful time tonight.

May all the plugs stay together and the concert be a huge success.

changilass
01-Oct-06, 01:00
To those of you who could not make it, I am sorry to have to tell you that you missed a great night of absolutley fantastic music. Thank you very much:D

Ann
01-Oct-06, 01:52
Yes, it was a great night (as usual). Already looking forward to the next one!
Thank you Sutherland and Son!

Gleber2
01-Oct-06, 19:09
Thanks for coming, thanks for your comments and I hope you will come again. 'Twas a most enjoyable night.