PDA

View Full Version : A little help...

AliciaMackinnon
20-Jun-11, 21:36
Okay im planning a holiday to Florida this time next year with my (by then) 2 year old daughter....
Does anyone have any suggestions on where is best to go..

also we are looking for a package holiday (i.e. everyhting from travel to food and parks)

Thanks in advance!

theone
20-Jun-11, 21:57
With a two year old I'd go somewhere cheaper closer to home, maybe in the med, then save the big holiday to Florida until she's 5 or 6 and old enough to appreciate it.

teddybear1873
20-Jun-11, 22:28
Okay im planning a holiday to Florida this time next year with my (by then) 2 year old daughter....

also we are looking for a package holiday (i.e. everyhting from travel to food and parks)

Thanks in advance!

Haven't been there but stay away from Miami as It's always on the news here for the wrong reasons.

Obviously Walt Disney, I would love to go to the Everglades but don't think that's suitable with a 2 years old.

Dadie
20-Jun-11, 22:40
The length of the flights would put me off, occupying a 2 yr old for that length of time when they cannot move is near impossible.
Its easier to travel with really wee ones or older kids.
If you are going next year you will still have the buggy/nappies and all the toddler stuff!
If you leave it another year, she will be walking and out of nappies and will remember it more and will be easier occupied on the flights.
If its disneyland you are after go when she is older yet as she will get a lot more out of the trip.
Good luck!

Alba.gu.brath
20-Jun-11, 22:59
I know we are a little mad... but we are really up for it....

Will go again in a few years and maybe hit the water parks with a swimming 5 or 6 year old!

This time my husbands mother is paying for it... Itl be like a honeymoon for us and a blast for Eilidh!!!

kc
20-Jun-11, 23:07
A fab site I spent hours on asking questions and reading others. Lots of info on tickets for parks and stuff to accommodation on forums.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/

sandyr1
21-Jun-11, 01:48

Thanks in advance!

I was going to agree that with a 2 year old it might be a bit taxing but.....if you insist............

I travel there quite a bit....maybe 2/3 times a year fro the past 25 years......
If you go in the Summer May to Sept stay in the Northern part....at least North of Daytona... perhaps the Panhandle. Much too hot.
In the Winter go South....perhaps Lauderdale by the Sea, Fort Lauderdale, or the Keys. Dec and January are quite cool even in Key West.......Also Ft Myers and Sarasota on the West side.
Thomas Cook Travel seem to have reasonale holidays.....
Just a thought......If you want a beautiful place on the Beach try Tropic Seas in Lauderdale by the Sea. Beachfront Paadise!
Miami always gets a bad name e.g. Miami Vice....Drugs etc etc., and certain areas are bad/ then again certain areas of any City are bad.
FYI.....s

teddybear1873
21-Jun-11, 15:49
I was going to agree that with a 2 year old it might be a bit taxing but.....if you insist............

I travel there quite a bit....maybe 2/3 times a year fro the past 25 years......
If you go in the Summer May to Sept stay in the Northern part....at least North of Daytona... perhaps the Panhandle. Much too hot.
In the Winter go South....perhaps Lauderdale by the Sea, Fort Lauderdale, or the Keys. Dec and January are quite cool even in Key West.......Also Ft Myers and Sarasota on the West side.
Thomas Cook Travel seem to have reasonale holidays.....
Just a thought......If you want a beautiful place on the Beach try Tropic Seas in Lauderdale by the Sea. Beachfront Paadise!
Miami always gets a bad name e.g. Miami Vice....Drugs etc etc., and certain areas are bad/ then again certain areas of any City are bad.
FYI.....s

Good points. May to September in the Deep South Is terrible. The South at the moment is having well above heat temperatures. This will be the third day in a row it's over 100 degrees. Yesterday it reached 110 degrees F or 43 Celsius.

I took my granddaughter over to SC in April who was 9 months at the time. Even then temperatures reached in the 30's. You have to watch that sun here, it's extremely dangerous.