PDA

View Full Version : anyone live in forss

gee
20-Jun-11, 16:02
possibly moving to forss, never been there before so nervous. can anyone tell me what its like please

mi16
20-Jun-11, 16:22
which Forss would that be then?
There are at least 2 in Caithness

gee
20-Jun-11, 16:27
forss near reay

Walter Ego
20-Jun-11, 16:31
forss near reay

Oh, dear God........

theone
20-Jun-11, 16:43
Have you ever seen Deliverance?......Squeal like a pig 'n all that.

mi16
20-Jun-11, 18:08
You chaps are thinking of Tongue.
Forss is just dandy, not much in the way of nightlife though, or daylife for that matter.
I hope you drive

marwill
20-Jun-11, 18:10
Have sent you a PM.
Hope all goes well with your move.

oldmarine
20-Jun-11, 19:10
possibly moving to forss, never been there before so nervous. can anyone tell me what its like please

I was stationed there at the Naval Station back during the 1980s. That was so long ago and things have probably changed since then. Hope you can find someone who can help you. Good luck on your move.

Dog-eared
20-Jun-11, 19:47
It's a nice walk From Forss to Crosskirk bay. Or down to the bridge falls - there's a footpath on the main road.
Amazing sunsets.
No buses though, even if they are on a timetable.
It's not far from Thurso, though.
Forss House does amazing grub if you can afford a treat.

bagpuss
20-Jun-11, 21:20
Where are you moving from?

Forss House is an amazingly good hotel- great food, country house hotel ambiance- but we are talking small village- close to a whacking great nuclear power plant

mi16
20-Jun-11, 21:30
i woulsnt class forss as a small village, it is merely a few houses clumped together with no shops or anything like that.The power station you will no doubt know all about but it is not in view from forss and is around 4 miles away and it is also currently being decommissioned.

Kenn
20-Jun-11, 23:23
I live not far from Forss, it's a great area for walking, wildlife, the feather and furred variety, and only a short distance from Thurso.
There is still a good primary school at Reay if you have children.
If you want the quiet life can't think of a better area and the area around Forss House is a delight in any season.

oldmarine
21-Jun-11, 15:23
I live not far from Forss, it's a great area for walking, wildlife, the feather and furred variety, and only a short distance from Thurso.
There is still a good primary school at Reay if you have children.
If you want the quiet life can't think of a better area and the area around Forss House is a delight in any season.
Yes, LIZZ I remember Forss quite well when I was stationed at the Naval Station. Thurso became one of my favorite towns where I made many friends. It is probably even better now with the Naval Station closed down. You have pointed out many advantages by living in Forss.

b3n
22-Jun-11, 15:43
We'r moving to forss next week too!! where are the places for walking? We'v a big dog that needs plenty long walks.

candycanegirl
22-Jun-11, 17:47
I live just beside forss, its lovely.
we have a lovely christmas party for kids in the village hall.
lots of friendly people :)

bigk
22-Jun-11, 21:49
we have lived at Skaill/forsse for nearly six years now and are in the process of moving into thurso we are moving from a great farm house which has cost us only £50 a week and the only reason we are moving is because our kids who have loved the freedom here have friends in thurso and it costs to drive them to and from the toon otherwise we would stay here cos we love the peace and quiet Reay primary is also such a great school for the kids....our landlord is such a great bloke i have no problem passing on his details if anyone reading this is interested in renting a very private three bedroom house seven miles from thurso then pm me me....kev.

bigk
22-Jun-11, 21:53
We'r moving to forss next week too!! where are the places for walking? We'v a big dog that needs plenty long walks.

ACHVARSADALE NURSING HOME........there are paths around the trees etc and a historic caithness broch to visit...its a great walk at any time of year and also has an abundance of tree fruit to pick at the right times of year........

gee
23-Jun-11, 12:47
thankyou everyone for replying. i am really excited to move from thurso to chaos at moment packing though

mi16
23-Jun-11, 12:59
ACHVARSADALE NURSING HOME........there are paths around the trees etc and a historic caithness broch to visit...its a great walk at any time of year and also has an abundance of tree fruit to pick at the right times of year........

Achvarasdale is quite a way from Forss though isnt it, you would be quicker going to Thurso for a walk.