PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds rant

badger
20-Jun-11, 15:38
At the top of every page in the Classifieds section is a very visible message asking people to use Report Post to remove the thread when something is sold. It's so annoying to see something you're looking for and open the thread only to find it's been gone for a while or even a few days (Report Post works very quickly). Lots of people seem to have the same problem as you see old threads brought back with a post asking if the item is still available.

So why don't people use it?

Beat Bug
20-Jun-11, 16:26
Just as frustrating is sending a PM to someone re their post for something you're looking for, and not getting a reply! Surely it wouldn't hurt to reply, even if it's to say the item has gone.

Crackeday
21-Jun-11, 17:11
I mentioned this a couple of weeks back, it seems no-one seems to be listening as it's still happening!!!! Maybe slot of classified users don't read the general forum? Or just can't be bothered?

badger
22-Jun-11, 15:25
I mentioned this a couple of weeks back, it seems no-one seems to be listening as it's still happening!!!! Maybe slot of classified users don't read the general forum? Or just can't be bothered?

Sorry, missed your thread or would have posted there (don't come on here so often these days). Think both your questions are probably right. Also don't think many people read the notice about it as I was told once after I'd sold something to post a reply asking for it to be removed so I told the person concerned, who uses it quite a lot, that wasn't the answer. Give up.