PDA

View Full Version : Great idea for motorists...

Bobinovich
20-Sep-06, 21:55
Had someone in looking for some help with packaging design recently and once I saw the product thought "Hey, what a good idea!" so thought I'd share it with the Orgers...

The theory is simple - somewhere in your car (usually in some out of the way place) is your spare tyre. When/if you do eventually need it imagine how peeved you'd be if the thing was flat.

This product is a hose with a screw-on connector at one end which attaches to the spare tyre, the other end is put somewhere more accessible i.e. at the side of your boot, and on this end is screwed a pressure indicator with green (OK), yellow (small loss) and red (low) pressure indicator rings.

The idea is that whenever you open your boot you have a quick glance and ensure your pressure is OK - if it's not then you remove the pressure indicator, top up the pressure (at home or the garage, etc.), and then refit the indicator.

Now that to me seems a very simple solution to a potential problem. Even better it's being marketed at just £9.99 which I believe is a really good price.

Anyway, I liked it so much I got one myself (*thinks* must empty the boot & fit it now!).

If you want more information visit their website at www.spair-aware.co.uk (http://www.spair-aware.co.uk) and don't forget that it's a LOCAL innovation

Naefearjustbeer
20-Sep-06, 22:00
Sounds like a pretty good idea, I had a puncture once and found the spare to be flat. Luckily I had one of those plug in compressors to stick in the fag lighter socket. It did take an absolute age to pump my tyre up though. Just a thought both our cars hold the spare outside and under the car might not be so handy for that situation. Excelent idea though hope it takes off.

I followed the link on the site to ebay expecting to see them for sale on ebay too. Ebay can be a good way to increase your market visibillity, just a suggestion.

Bobinovich
20-Sep-06, 22:15
Sounds like a pretty good idea, I had a puncture once and found the spare to be flat. Luckily I had one of those plug in compressors to stick in the fag lighter socket. It did take an absolute age to pump my tyre up though. Just a thought both our cars hold the spare outside and under the car might not be so handy for that situation. Excelent idea though hope it takes off.

Yeah I did think about that one - I suppose there's nothing stopping you from running the hose outside the car, or maybe if it's outside it may already be accessible enough for regular chacking, however I'll ask the customer what their reply would be

I followed the link on the site to ebay expecting to see them for sale on ebay too. Ebay can be a good way to increase your market visibillity, just a suggestion.

They have tried an advert on Ebay but wanted to get the packaging finished before making another push. When they do then the Ebay link on their website will go directly to their current Ebay advert.

They have someone in Grampian who's going to push it to small local auto parts shops there and the local guy is going to cover the Highland area. It's good to see that Caithness can still produce the goods, eh!

Naefearjustbeer
21-Sep-06, 00:12
Best of luck to them. These days caithness does not need to be at a geographical disadvantage for business ventures due to the wonder of the internet.

souperman
21-Sep-06, 14:59
Thanks for the encouragement, very much appreciated. Here is the link to e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280030820516&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:UK:31