PDA

View Full Version : Richard Hammond

Wish
20-Sep-06, 21:05
Richard Hammond is critically ill after crashing a car he was test driving for Top Gear:( I wondered if everyone can keep him in their thoughts, I hope he makes a recovery I love the work he does and he is a true gent.

iain
20-Sep-06, 21:07
Sorry to hear that

unicorn
20-Sep-06, 21:08
Thats not so good I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

footie chick
20-Sep-06, 21:09
Top bloke like the stuff he does as well. :(

changilass
20-Sep-06, 21:13
Poor guy, hope he makes a speedy recovery

Ricco
20-Sep-06, 21:16
Yes, a sad incident. I hope he pulls through. A great presenter with a lovely wit for a range of programmes.

sam
20-Sep-06, 21:24
hear he's in a neurological unit ( not sure of my spelling) in leeds, when they got him he was unconsious, hope he recovers soon, he's a really good presenter :(

sam
20-Sep-06, 21:30
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1234566,00.html

WeeBurd
20-Sep-06, 21:33
Poor fellow, I'm more familiar with his stint on Braniacs. He seems like a decent, down to earth chap. I hope he has a swift recovery, my thoughts are with his wife and wee girls. :(

elaine
20-Sep-06, 21:56
Oh my goodness! What a shocker!

It always feels strange when something happens to a celebrity - they are often so familiar to us!

loneranger
20-Sep-06, 22:44
:(
my heart really goes it to him and his family!

such a top block and great presenter

get well soon

Piglet
20-Sep-06, 22:48
It's a real shocker but my thought's are with him & his family & wish him a speedy recovery. He is one of the best on the box. :~(

Liz
20-Sep-06, 22:52
Just saw this on the news. What a shame and I join with everyone in hoping for a speedy full recovery and am thinking of his loved ones.

I am not a fan of Top Gear but have seen him on this and other programmes and he comes across a down to earth nice person.

willa
20-Sep-06, 22:53
He seems a great guy. I hope everything will be alright. My thoughts are with his family.

Phoebus_Apollo
20-Sep-06, 23:17
Lets hope he pulls through he`s a really great presenter...

golach
20-Sep-06, 23:52
I hope he pulls through a very good presenter

candyfloss
21-Sep-06, 09:02
Just saw this on the news this morning,
here's hoping he makes a speedy recovery.

henry20
21-Sep-06, 09:06
I was devastated to hear this on the news. Hope he pulls through and quickly recovers from his injuries.

cuddlepop
21-Sep-06, 11:20
He one of the few presenters that appears to be :a real person : and not just doing it for the job.Heard on the news this morning that although still critical there is a slight improvement.Wishing him a speedy recovery and thoughts to his family.

loo-b-loo
21-Sep-06, 11:31
He one of the few presenters that appears to be :a real person : and not just doing it for the job.Heard on the news this morning that although still critical there is a slight improvement.Wishing him a speedy recovery and thoughts to his family.
I agree with you cuddlepop.
He's a sweet genuine guy and I wish him and his family all the best.
Let's hope he's up and around soon.

MadPict
21-Sep-06, 12:11
Wishing him a full and speedy recovery…

Top Gear website has an email address for sending messages to -
tgweb@bbc.co.uk - Subject: Richard

Wish
21-Sep-06, 12:25
Wishing him a full and speedy recovery…

Top Gear website has an email address for sending messages to -
tgweb@bbc.co.uk - Subject: Richard

Thank you so much for the link:)

hobbes1962
21-Sep-06, 16:54
I just couldn't believe it when I got up for work this morning and heard the news. I hope he gets better soon and my thoughts are with his family.

He certainly managed to make Top Gear more interesting for the girls!!!!

Saveman
21-Sep-06, 17:51
Looks like serious brain injury :( according to the BBC News site

topotheuk
21-Sep-06, 18:07
Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Top Gear wasn't as watchable in my opinion until they revamped it and brought him in. Even the kids were talking about him cos they enjoy his Science programme - Brainiac.

mccaugm
21-Sep-06, 20:08
Just left a message on the Top Gear Website. I really hope he makes a quick recovery as he is a brilliant presenter and family man. I love his programs - my kids love his Braniac series and Top Gear. The chemistry between Richard and Jeremy is brilliant.

lauraspetportraits
21-Sep-06, 20:44
I agree with you all, I hope he makes a speedy recovery. He comes across as a great bloke, and makes Top Gear so much fun to watch. I too was really shocked when I heard about it this morning.

loo-b-loo
21-Sep-06, 20:59
Link to the BBC news website about Richard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5367616.stm

Hope he has no lasting effects from the crash but I guess he may with serious brain damage.

loo-b-loo
21-Sep-06, 21:01
I stand corrected: "significant brain injury".
Very different to Brain damage.
You get the point anyway...

kev bev
21-Sep-06, 21:07
i really hope he makes a quick recovery he is an excellent tv presenter he is excellent in top gear my thoughts are with his family

Billy Boy
22-Sep-06, 14:43
Doctors treating Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond say his condition has improved and he has been moved out of intensive care. Hammond is now said to be in a "stable" condition following his high speed crash in a jet-powered car.
Leeds General Infirmary said: "Richard Hammond is making satisfactory progress. This morning he has been moved from intensive care on to a high dependency unit.
"His condition has been downgraded from 'serious but stable' to 'stable'."
Friends and family are with the 36-year-old who suffered a "significant brain injury" when the 370mph jet-powered Vampire dragster he was driving veered off a runway and flipped over several times.

Doctors have said they were "reasonably optimistic" he would make a good recovery.
Fellow Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson and James May visited him in hospital.
Clarkson described the moment he made Hammond smile. "I said: 'The reason you're here is because you're a crap driver'. He then smiled at me. It was an amazing moment.
"Apart from a black eye, Richard didn't look like he had a mark on him. He hasn't a broken bone in his body," Clarkson told The Sun.
Police and safety experts have launched an investigation into the crash, which happened after Hammond had been driving at speeds close to 300mph.
Organisers have denied reports that Hammond was trying to break the British land speed record.
After the accident, one paramedic claimed: "Richard kept saying: 'I've got to do a piece to camera'."

connieb19
23-Sep-06, 15:54
Good news, I heard on the Radio just now, he's walking today

cuddlepop
23-Sep-06, 16:19
He's one very lucky guy.:D Glad it would appear that there's know lasting damage:D

henry20
23-Sep-06, 17:24
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5372890.stm

Here's a link confirming that he has taken some steps. Hopefully this is a sign he will make a quick recovery!

Saveman
23-Sep-06, 17:27
Mr Clarkson reckons it's the fastest car crash ever....

mccaugm
25-Sep-06, 20:39
Richard allegedly made a comment about how he is getting ribbed about all the flowers he is recieving. He asked that money go to the air ambulance service instead. Apparently so much money was given that they are hoping to purchase a new air ambulance and name it after Mr Hammond.

Get Well Soon.....:Razz

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5374918.stm

Wish
25-Sep-06, 20:41
:cool:Absolutely brill news, i'm so glad hes improving so much and that theres lots of money heading its way to a very worthy cause:D

MadPict
28-Sep-06, 18:55
Good to see Richard Hammond out of hospital (if only en route to another) and seeming to be on the mend...

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 20:54
It is good at least he is over the worst of it & such a quick recovery.

hobbes1962
28-Sep-06, 21:24
I'm glad he's making good progress but he still has such a long way to go. His neurosurgean reckons it will be about another six months before he's back to normal

Rheghead
27-Oct-06, 23:41
I am glad to report for the benefit of the org's appreciators of 'robust' tv presenters that Richard (as reported by Jeremy Clarkson) is making a full recovery.:D