PDA

View Full Version : Whats your fave guitar?

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 20:41
Iv'e been a stratman for as long as i can remember & owned various models & pick up combinations, Until recently i had a gorgeous Les Paul classic in vintage sunburst awesome power & tone, I will never part with my US Texas Special strat though, hooked up to the fender blues junior it is pure stevie ray vaughan, aye the sound not the playing, Just bought an Ibanez RG470 to soften the blow of parting with the les paul & im currently fitting a Satriani PAF Pro pick up should be interesting to see the difference, Acoustic wise i have a well partyed Taylor semi acoustic with all the battle scars but it sounds & plays amazing

K dragon
20-Sep-06, 20:49
Cort X 11 is my personal fav

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 21:01
Cort X 11 is my personal fav

very smart i haven't seen one until now, quite like an ibanez same wood & similar set up, nice finishes as well

Gleber2
20-Sep-06, 21:34
My 1960 Gibson 345 will always be my special lady but I must admit my Parker Fly Supreme takes some beating.

Jeid
20-Sep-06, 21:37
I love Telecasters

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 21:45
Gibson 345 now your in a different league pure class & one to be treasured Iv'e always been intrigued by the parker fly it was such a step forward maybe someday i'll have the pleasure, Having used various effects boards & pedals i still have to admit plugging the strat straight into that little valve amp always gets the best grin & foot stomping it never fails, Even die hard metal monsters cant control there right foot to a few blues riffs

maverick
20-Sep-06, 21:53
i have a fender strat, but my peaches and cream is my 1969 mahogany gibson sg

moncur
20-Sep-06, 21:55
I've always been fond of les pauls and more recently SGs, but the nicest guitar i've ever held is a LTD Kirk Hammett custom model owned by a metalhead friend of mine. sheer beauty doesnt describe the feel and sound that comes from that guitar

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 22:06
To be honest i found the les paul a pig at 1st but after 6months of perseverance i loved the power & tone, i think an sg would probably be the one for me it was just the short neck that bugged me initially with the les paul as i can only play with my thumb over the top due 2 bike crash, I know you just pick up a guitar & say thats my babe, my strat is a see thru white ash body with tortoishell pickguard, The gibson slim taper necks as on glebers 345 really are the biz tho

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 22:10
Thats it moncur you will come across a guitar that blows you away I was swaying between a prs or the les paul but went for the time proven les paul, Steve morse musicman still niggles away at me though, anyhows im running out of guitars to blame for my crap playing :-)

Gleber2
20-Sep-06, 22:16
We have round about 33 guitars and bass's but since the Variax 700 came into the studio, we've hardly used anything else. Amazing breakthrough from Line Six.

That wasn't your LP I played in Orkney was it. or maybe that was a Yamaha??

Kev_Plastic_Food
20-Sep-06, 22:25
My 1960 Gibson 345 will always be my special lady but I must admit my Parker Fly Supreme takes some beating.

I love my custom Jackson, but that fly of yours is a heck of a guitar. Probably the nicest neck I've ever played...

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 22:25
Ha ya fishheed it was a yamaha & nah it wasn't mine no sure who the gadgy was, If he doesn't already know i'll tell coop about the lighthouse experience

Gleber2
20-Sep-06, 22:28
I love my custom Jackson, but that fly of yours is a heck of a guitar. Probably the nicest neck I've ever played...

Good grief, are you developing taste???Never mind you will achieve your goal and get so fast you will vanish up your own rectum!!!!!

tierce-de-picardie
20-Sep-06, 22:36
well i love my ibanez universe it has quikest neck ive played before nd rather versatile dimazzrio blaze pick ups

Reev
20-Sep-06, 23:02
I would have to say the best guitar ive played woud be the mexican fender i gave to Gleber2 to fix up and what he did to it, well, everyone who has touched it since has been amazed by it, yup, it rocks, shocking that to some maybe, but those who have played it since its "refurbishment" know what im talking about

:roll:

oh, love parker flys, les paul's

but hey, im a bass player, mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Phoebus_Apollo
20-Sep-06, 23:15
I love my Steinberger headless, but the Musicman Stingray has the sweetest little neck...mmm mmm...:)

Jeid
20-Sep-06, 23:17
shocking that to some maybe, but those who have played it since its "refurbishment" know what im talking about

Why is it shocking? Cos it played so badly before?

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Sep-06, 00:08
Quite simply has to be any one of these;
http://www.musicgadgets.net/2006/05/08/top-20-strangest-guitars/1/

Chobbersjnr
21-Sep-06, 00:18
I love my Steinberger headless, but the Musicman Stingray has the sweetest little neck...mmm mmm...:)

you have a steinberger.......snap, & a bass

but my fave guitar has to be the already mentioned 345

but live I play the variaxe & the models I play most are a strat for rhythm thangs & (settle Jeid) a tele for lead things & a les paul for going nuts with

and as far as playabilty goes the fly is as good as it gets.

So!!!!! check this, take a fly neck, attch it to a thinline tele body, add a P90 pickup at the neck & a PAF coil tapped at the bridge, & then add the guts of a variaxe with dual outputs..................see where it's going.....................& then the icing on the cake is a GK3A synth pickup, the miditeleflyocasteraxe:D

Kev_Plastic_Food
21-Sep-06, 00:31
Good grief, are you developing taste???Never mind you will achieve your goal and get so fast you will vanish up your own rectum!!!!!

Charming as always :)

Kev_Plastic_Food
21-Sep-06, 15:16
well i love my ibanez universe it has quikest neck ive played before nd rather versatile dimazzrio blaze pick ups

Never really liked Ibanez guitars a whole lot, does that have the 'wizard' style neck?

killarifts
21-Sep-06, 17:16
i am usually a strat man but my jackson that willie mackay souped up for me with a floyd rose is now my favorite,it has a great neck and can take alot of whammy bar abuse and still stay in tune

Jeid
21-Sep-06, 18:19
A Stratocaster shaped guitar is only suitable for a man as rock as you!

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 00:41
Friend of mine has a les paul but never plugs in without his POD unit its the one with the footpedals it certainly has amazing tones & effects, Gary Moore records with one so i guess it cant be bad

Chobbersjnr
22-Sep-06, 01:01
pod XTs rule

use it as an amp sim straight to pa or to an amp, or bypass the amps & use the stomp models as you would normally straight to your fav crunch mother

Reev
22-Sep-06, 01:25
Why is it shocking? Cos it played so badly before?

well, it played well, but then it wa staken apart and put back tgetehr by a certain "BUSY" person, and it wasnt really the same again, basically, it was crud
:roll:

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 01:26
certainly a lot of amps in a wee box, I just have the cheapy korg board & a trusty old marshall guvnor wihch can rattle the windows with a banjo

Chobbersjnr
22-Sep-06, 01:32
certainly a lot of amps in a wee box, I just have the cheapy korg board & a trusty old marshall guvnor wihch can rattle the windows with a banjo

rock & roll banjo

ahem* you know where the door is, go on get out

banjo indeed:lol:

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 01:41
ok sorry i rattled ur cage wont say no more, Just a guitar lover been for more years than id like 2 print & i know you are the same

Chobbersjnr
22-Sep-06, 01:51
ok sorry i rattled ur cage wont say no more, Just a guitar lover been for more years than id like 2 print & i know you are the same

oh I am

I believe we've met & got outrageously drunk

a certain crazy jam in the auld motor hoose springs to mind

anyway you can play your banjo all ye want check, just put it on mute:Razz

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 01:56
Ha havent got a banjo but i kno i man who does he's also a keen gardener his grass is always in good nick, I hope to get over for the november blast im going to try & get coop to go as well

Chobbersjnr
22-Sep-06, 01:58
Ha havent got a banjo but i kno i man who does he's also a keen gardener his grass is always in good nick, I hope to get over for the november blast im going to try & get coop to go as well

oh really havn't seen or heard of Coop since his 50th

man that was a night:lol:

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 02:11
Yep i carried my fender acoustic amp home it killed me but i had never seen such an amazing night of live music i live and breathe for the likes of that coop is awesome but little understood, he knows i appreciate his music & talent the good thing about live music as you kno it changes every time its just the mood at the time, Look forward to hearing

Studio66
22-Sep-06, 19:55
I have a fair few but my "Ernie Ball OLP" is one of my favorite guitars but as far as im concerned nothing works as well for me as my Gibson Les Paul, Fantastic guitar !!

Saxo01
22-Sep-06, 20:06
I have a feeling the Ibanez will get a shift for a Musicman Silhouette at some stage, The musicman OLP seems very good value for money i haven't come across one yet to try

theweemidget
24-Sep-06, 05:51
my faveourite guitar is a 1970 sg which my mate has and i am wanting to buy it off him but he won't allow it, also my favourite bass is a rick 4001 which i reallly want

burstbucker
27-Sep-06, 20:47
Currently using a 56 Fender relic strat with Kinmans and a Gibson ES 335. I've tried all the Les Pauls but never ever settled with them. The 335 is more versatile with great harmonics and my favourite Gibson. I've been using telecaster's a lot too, my 59 relic esquire is unbelievable, one pickup but can cover so many different styles.

TazHowlinGael
11-Oct-06, 20:01
A Stevie Vai signature Ibanez.

Taz.

SNOWDOG
09-Nov-06, 14:14
A black Rickenbacker Twin (Four and Six string) as used by Geddy Lee in the late 70's, early 80's. Lead basslines and combined rhythm, OOOOOOOH! :eek:

zappster
09-Nov-06, 18:51
M a favourite is ma Ibanez PGM100 which can be seen here with the rest of ma guitars
http://www.geocities.com/idcrisiswick/beggzguitars/P1010059.jpg

Saxo01
10-Nov-06, 22:36
what a collection awesome, I have just fitted a dimarzio paf pro in the neck & a dimarzio fred in the bridge of my rg470 unfortunately the volume has dropped compared to the originals, the tone is ok but less volume & no distortion even & flat out on my fender tube amp

zappster
10-Nov-06, 23:26
pity ye never got the tone zone its a pure beast of a pickup