PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Help 4 Heroes

singysmum
17-Jun-11, 14:23
Can I make an appeal to all 'Orgers' for help?

Tesco is allowing 'HELP FOR HEROES' to collect at over 830 stores nationwide on Friday 1st July and Saturday 2nd July and we need as many people as possible to help by shaking a bucket for collection of donations in the stores at both Wick and Thurso.

If you would like to help and can spare 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours or 2 days on either of the above dates, please can you log on to their site: www.helpforheroes.org.uk/tesco (http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/tesco) register your willingness to help using the unique code: HIG/5330V

When you are registered the store 'point of contact' volunteer will contact you to arrange the times you are able to help.

All helpers will be given a tee-shirt to wear and keep after the event.

Any offers fo help will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Helen

pat
17-Jun-11, 18:11
Hi
Doing it on 1st July in Stornoway and will be there in the foyers of said store but not allowed to do it on the 2nd July in Stornoway they have other folk collecting for another event!!!!
Yes it is a 'nationwide' collection - except for Stornoway they are a law unto themselves, they are not going to obey the rules/requests of their bosses, everywhere else can comply but not their only store which is not open on a Sunday.

lindsaymcc
17-Jun-11, 18:35
Have tried to sign up, but the unique code isnt recognised?

singysmum
18-Jun-11, 14:35
Sorry about that lindsymcc - I have pm'd you. If anyone else would like to offer to help it seems the system is not working too well, so instead of trying to register on the H4H site could you please ring me on 01955 603095 and I will take your details and then inform the organisers of the number of helpers we have.

Hope we get a lot more offers.

Thanks

Helen

singysmum
21-Jun-11, 14:31
I wonder if anybody else has had problems with the code number as it is supposed to work. Could you let me know if you have tried and it worked - thanks

Helen

RN1995
21-Jun-11, 22:41
Hi, was just wondering if there has to be a certain age etc etc ?

singysmum
21-Jun-11, 22:53
The only age restriction is that any collecters under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.

pat
30-Jun-11, 18:36
Just received my t-shirt for wearing for collecting tomorrow.

chordie
01-Jul-11, 07:23
Who are these 'heroes" and why do they need help?I was under the impression that people join the military of their own free will, under the full knowledge that it is a paid job that carries personal risks and could involve you being told to go out and kill people including innocent civillians to further the political aims of the few. I could think of many more deserving vocations to bolster than a bunch of State funded mercenaries.

Garnet
01-Jul-11, 18:12
You wouldn't be saying that sonny boy if a certain nation had won a certain war.......so away and take a long walk off a short pier. Nasty boy!