PDA

View Full Version : ***Found Bank Card in Thurso***

YummyMummy
16-Jun-11, 20:05
Just found a bank card in Thurso. If you think it is yours PM me with your name and type of card.

Otherswise, I will hand it into the branch tomorrow.

rob1
16-Jun-11, 21:36
Would it not be better to hand it to the police straight away?

rogermellie
16-Jun-11, 21:49
i know that if i lost my bank card, the last place i would look for it would be on the org if it wasn't handed into the police station, i'd contact my bank to cancel the card. your kindness is misguided and i would question your motives as to why you didn't just hand it into the police station...

John Little
16-Jun-11, 21:55
Because if she hands it in at the police station it will get mired in a sea of paper and delay for the cardholder and for the police. Far better to either find the owner (by asking on the Org) and if no response then to hand it in at the bank when it's open next day.

It's a generous and thoughtful action because if she has to hand it to the bank then the cardholder will have to be notified and a new card issued which will take a few days. It would be much better if it could be handed back to the owner.

Mystical Potato Head
16-Jun-11, 21:59
i know that if i lost my bank card, the last place i would look for it would be on the org if it wasn't handed into the police station, i'd contact my bank to cancel the card. your kindness is misguided and i would question your motives as to why you didn't just hand it into the police station...

The person hasnt done anything wrong,have said they will hand it into the bank tomorrow, so to question their motives is totally uncalled for.
Infact its the sort of unsubstantiated accusation/insinuation of wrong doing,when none whatsoever has been done,that would deservedly get you a burst nose if you said it to them personally.

starfish
16-Jun-11, 22:07
The person hasnt done anything wrong,have said they will hand it into th

e bank tomorrow, so to question their motives is totally uncalled for. i agree perhaps there was a reason why they did not hand it into the police did they have an appointment to keep , children to pick up or any reason if they were going to do any thing wrong then why put it on here .asking for the owner . they have asked for pm with the owners name and type of card so only the person that lost it can claim it

bigk
16-Jun-11, 22:23
is their no trust at all in you "rogermellie"....yummy mummy is in all honestly obviously trying to re.unite the card with the rightfull owner so that person hasnt got to go through the hassle of ordering a new card and waiting for that card to be posted out to them....what if that person is a holiday maker simply passing through!!!if there was any dodgy goings on i am pretty sure yummy mummy would NOT advertise her dodgy act on.line!!!....grow up!

gollach
16-Jun-11, 23:12
Give Yummy Mummy a break.

Have you all forgotten that the people in Thurso no longer have 24 hour access to their police station? It gets locked at tea time and doesn't reopen until morning. They don't even answer the phone, it gets diverted to Wick.

cherokee
16-Jun-11, 23:20
Just found a bank card in Thurso. If you think it is yours PM me with your name and type of card.

Otherswise, I will hand it into the branch tomorrow.

Very thoughtful of you YummyMummy to put your "finding" on here !!

Personally, I think you're to be applauded. It was a very considerate act of yours', not only in finding the card, but also asking on a general forum as to whether someone has lost said card !

( It's so sad now, on this forum, that certain people are only concerned with causing upset and argumentation amongst those who just wish to have a wee chat :(:(:(!!!)

YummyMummy
16-Jun-11, 23:58
Oh deary deary me! What have I done????? Och, there was me walking along minding my own business when my son points out a card. I fear the police station is probably shut (I don't live in Thurso), I think I will take it to the bank tomorrow.
I remember when I accidently left my card in the machine at Tesco and how grateful I was to be told it was safely held in the store until next time I got in - relieved that I didn't have to be faffing about cancelling, re-ordering, waiting for days with no access to funds:eek:, so I think, "I know, I'll pop a wee post on the Org and get it returned to it's rightful owner while I am in Thurso without the hassle".
My motives? Well, to return the card to its owner, as said, without the faff. My prior engagements? A gruelling 48 hours of decorating with a ridiculously tight deadline, building furniture (60 minute makeover eat your heart out) and a son that has just announced he is unwell and feeling really lousy, so we are in for a night of it. Frankly, I could be doing without the hassle, the accusations and the pass remarking at a time when I have little spare time to sleep, let alone get up to no good with someone's bank card. I only just checked in to see if I have been messaged about the card.
Thank you to my fellow orgers that have stood up for me. Restores my faith....... now when I get the pin number for this here card.....drop me a line and I'll take you out for a drink;)

starfish
17-Jun-11, 00:06
do not worry about the negative comments those who have slated you need to get a life they would be thankful if some one like you found their bank card and not some lowlife that stole their money

sandyr1
17-Jun-11, 01:14
Oh deary deary me! What have I done????? Och, there was me walking along minding my own business when my son points out a card. I fear the police station is probably shut (I don't live in Thurso), I think I will take it to the bank tomorrow.
I remember when I accidently left my card in the machine at Tesco and how grateful I was to be told it was safely held in the store until next time I got in - relieved that I didn't have to be faffing about cancelling, re-ordering, waiting for days with no access to funds:eek:, so I think, "I know, I'll pop a wee post on the Org and get it returned to it's rightful owner while I am in Thurso without the hassle".
My motives? Well, to return the card to its owner, as said, without the faff. My prior engagements? A gruelling 48 hours of decorating with a ridiculously tight deadline, building furniture (60 minute makeover eat your heart out) and a son that has just announced he is unwell and feeling really lousy, so we are in for a night of it. Frankly, I could be doing without the hassle, the accusations and the pass remarking at a time when I have little spare time to sleep, let alone get up to no good with someone's bank card. I only just checked in to see if I have been messaged about the card.
Thank you to my fellow orgers that have stood up for me. Restores my faith....... now when I get the pin number for this here card.....drop me a line and I'll take you out for a drink;)

Well done...not misguided.....thoughtful in a sma' community!