PDA

View Full Version : scandal in wick

bazza
01-Nov-04, 11:56
anyone else heard the rumours circulating in the town about a certain family member been playing away behind his missus back? :eek:

scotsboy
01-Nov-04, 12:48
Does that constitute a scandal in Wick then? How strange it seems to be an acceptable part of society in Halkirk :lol:

webmannie
01-Nov-04, 13:34
I believe it happens all over the world............in arabic countries you can be stoned to death ................... In Wick you are threatened with an outing on the Caithness.org message board.......................It's a strange world we live in!

calish6
01-Nov-04, 13:51
It happens everywhere :roll: - there is nothing new here apart from the fact that this is post number 8000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

wicker
01-Nov-04, 14:01
there could be a lot of family men playing away so that doesnt really narrow down to us who you mean
and if they are, they are not hurting us only person getting hurt is the missus and the family

squidge
01-Nov-04, 14:10
Is this really the sort of stuff that needs to be posted here?

I am sure that none of the people involved, the guy, his wife or the man or woman he is playing away with would like their personal difficulties aired here and never mind whether they have kids or not who might see this or hear about it.

If you aer genuinely concerned Bazza and looking for help with ways to tackle the issue with any of the parties involved then i have the following suggestions.

1. Tell him the whole of wick is talking about it and warn him off
2. Tell him if he doesnt stop you will punch him
3. Tell him if he doesnt stop you will tell his wife
***These depend on the relationship you have with the man concerned

4. Tell his wife
*** this depends on the relationship you have with his wife

5. Tell the other party that the whole of wick is talking about it and warn them off
6. Tell him if they dont stop you will punch them
7. Tell him if they dont stop you will tell his wife
*** These depend on the relationship you have with the person concerned

Finally Bazza if you dont have the sort of relationship that means you can consider any of these actions or you are just looking for confirmation of a grubby bit of gossip then may i suggest you do what you should have done in the first place before making this intrusive post and

SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

blueneep
01-Nov-04, 14:53
Well said :) :) :)

girnigoe
01-Nov-04, 15:39
[mad] Why do some people thrive on other peoples misery!!

grmacken
01-Nov-04, 16:06
Indeed, GET A LIFE!!!!! :roll:

Colin Manson
01-Nov-04, 16:46
Indeed get a free 1 week ban :D

"Trolling"
This describes various practices including, starting a thread with a view to raising the tempers of others, bringing back to the top old threads that have died out naturally with a pointless quip, needling other members into a pointless argument. Accusations of trolling will be based on our own view of posts and the initial reaction by our members. Members will be warned if their actions are considered to be trolling and extreme cases will receive a 1 week ban.

JAWS
01-Nov-04, 18:05
Sorry, it certainly didn't raise my temper Colin, in fact my whole reaction was "So What, who cares!"
If there wasn't somebody in Wick playing away from home I would think it was a very strange place indeed.

I did hear a rumour that certain people in Caithness were guilty of eating, sleeping and even, most disgusting of all, breathing.
Does anybody have any idea who these despicable people are before thier perversions spread to others?

My attitude is,
Does it affect me? No.
Does it affect my friends and family? No.
Does it affect anybody outside those involved? No.
In that case it is none of my business or anybody elses.

If any of the above people are affected then it is up to me to keep my big mouth shut and see what I can do to stop anybody, and I mean anybody at all, getting hurt.

Anybody who tries to do otherwise is more despicable than the people they are pointing the finger at and should be shunned by all decent people.

Personally I avoid such people like the plague because when they run out of victims they will probably try to stab me in the back to satisfy their petty evil little minds.

2little2late
01-Nov-04, 23:16
This just shows the sad nature of the people of Wick. Nothing better to do than create slander.

For pity's sake if this is the highlight of your lives then I feel so,so, sorry for you.
Come on! Let's have something worthwhile to post messages about.

Colin Manson
01-Nov-04, 23:37
Sorry, it certainly didn't raise my temper Colin, in fact my whole reaction was "So What, who cares!"

Jaws,

Nowhere in my post does it say that it raised your temper.

Cheers
Colin

JAWS
02-Nov-04, 00:21
Sorry Colin, I wasn't meaning you, I just took the raising tempers bit from "Trolling".
My own personal opinion of the original post is that rather than annoy me I found the whole idea petty and rather pathetic.

If the idea was to cause trouble for one particular person then the poster is just petty and if the idea is to get everybody watching everybody else then the poster is just pathetic and really does need something better to do in either case.

I agree totally with squidge's sentiments that shutting up and minding their own business is decent thing for them to do, that is always assuming the know what decent means!

If they need something to gossip about then they should go back to watching Coronation Street and Eastenders and gossip about that. I'm sure they will discover people will find that of more interest.

I find the behaviour of the poster far more disgusting than that of the people the poster has aimed at.

scotsboy
02-Nov-04, 05:24
Webmannie wrote
in arabic countries you can be stoned to death

Strangley enough I think that is only if women are "playing away"......acceptable practice for men :roll: They can even have 3 wives and still play away without fear of a stoning.

George Brims
02-Nov-04, 19:31
"Arabic" countries doesn't quite cover it. There is yet another case right now of a young woman in Nigeria sentenced to death by stoning under Sharia law. Sharia law is based on a very literal interpretation of the Quran. Fortunately for the alleged straying people in Week, the Judaeo-Christian parts of the world have abandoned the Old Testament rules that dictate exactly the same punishment. Remember Jesus and "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"? That was a woman about to be stoned for adultery.

As for the troll who started this thread, I think a public flogging would be appropriate, or perhaps a day in the stocks in the Market Square.

JAWS
02-Nov-04, 20:08
As far as I am aware the treatment of women by certain Muslims is similar to the way certain Christians twists their Holy Book to suit themselves.

As far as I am aware Mohammed taught that women were to be treated as equals.

I usually find that the people who scream loudest about other peoples morality usually do so out of jealousy because nobody would even consider being immoral with them.