PDA

View Full Version : Virus on your computer

avalon
13-Jun-11, 10:52
As anybody had a phone call from an Indian accent person saying you have a virus on your computer. My daughter has and she has no computer. A couple of days later I got one also my wife, so I cracked on I had no computer as I don’t like anybody phoning me with adverts etc.
As anybody else had the same contact and does anybody know about it.
Thanks for looking

tori
13-Jun-11, 11:25
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?141841-Warning-of-scam-phone-call there is a tread about it

Shabbychic
13-Jun-11, 13:05
I had it a few weeks ago, but when I asked if this was the scam that was going about, they hung up.

A few days later, they phoned my mum, who has no computer, and this was the craziest phone call ever. The guy introduced himself as Paul from Bristol; I don't know why this was important, but he repeated it several times, in his broad Indian accent. Half way through his speel about her computer, she interrupted him, and said she didn't have a computer. Well, he flew into a rage.

"Why are you lying to me?" he demanded.

"I'm not," she said, "I don't have a computer."

"You are lyng to me. You do have a computer." he insisted.

"Anyway," she said, "I know all about this scam." (I had told her about it)

At this, his shouting became so incoherent, she hung up. Next minute the phone rang again, and it was Paul from Bristol back.

"Don't you dare hang up on me." he began. "I want to speak to someone about your computer." he demanded.

Mum couldn't believe her ears. She has had many strange phone calls before, but this guy really took the biscuit. She ended up telling him to, "Away and bile his heid." and hung up again.

I don't think Paul fae Bristol will be doing telesales for too much longer. He just doesn't have the right attutude.