PDA

View Full Version : William Wilson MBE

Torvaig
13-Jun-11, 10:16
:) Wonderful to hear that William Wilson of Lyth Art Centre had been awarded the MBE for his services to the Arts.

Willie has, for many years, consistently brought quality music and theatre to Caithness, has worked tirelessly and with an enthusiasm equal to none to help us enjoy what was previously only achievable by travelling many miles out of the county.

He liases with our local schools to widen their experience of the arts and to showcase their achievements for all to enjoy. Several young people have begun their careers at Lyth and have gone on to use their talents elsewhere in the country.

He has created an oasis at Lyth Art Centre where you can get married, hold family celebrations or just visit during July and August to enjoy the everchanging exhibitions and to wander through the gardens to enjoy the peace and tranquility.

William, you are a credit to your homeland and a much loved friend. Thank you.....

P.S. Will I have to curtsey when I see you now..... ;)

badger
13-Jun-11, 17:40
Very well deserved too. You have said it perfectly Torvaig. Any visit to Lyth is guaranteed enjoyable and I'm sure if it was twice the size it would still be regularly sold out. I will remember to curtsey on Wednesday:)

Tubthumper
14-Jun-11, 16:59
Well done Willie, a much-deserved award for someone who quietly gets on with quality stuff.

Moira
14-Jun-11, 20:11
Many Congratulations Willie.

This is indeed a much deserved award, well done. :)

poppett
14-Jun-11, 21:50
Congratulations from me too.