PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge UK Arena Tour!

bigbenjokazooie
12-Jun-11, 19:12
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Alter-Bridge-tickets/artist/932539?camefrom=[=CAMEFROM=]&brand=tm&tm_link=tm_homeA_rc_image1

Birmingham LG Arena
Cardiff
Manchester MEN
Glasgow SECC
Wembley Arena
Newcastle

Alter Bridge touring November 2011!! All arenas!

Hope to see some of use there!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-fdkp0NviA

cheers

David B
03-Dec-11, 01:12
I was at the gig, although it came about by accident.

I had gone with my son to see Deep Purple and Cheap Trick the night before. It was only when we were at the SECC that we noticed that Alter Bridge were playing the following evening.

Alas, I don't know any of their music but I was familiar with the support bands, Black Stone Cherry and Theory of a Dead Man. We went along on the off chance that it would be good.

It was a wise decision. All 3 bands were great and it was the highlight of our weekend. I have ordered a pile of their CDs from Amazon.

Black Stone Cherry was my favourite and they play the Ironworks in March 2012.

PS Deep Purple were disappointing but Cheap Trick (one of my fave bands ever) were, as always, fantastic.

PPS We also went to the AC/DC exhibition at the Kelvingrove Museum which was ace.

Rockulus
03-Dec-11, 19:22
Why were Deep Purple disappointing David? Love all the bands mentioned in this thread by the way, and what sort of things were exhibited by AC/DC in the Kelvingrove Museum?

David B
03-Dec-11, 23:02
Ian Gillan's voice has faded quite a bit. I saw them a few years back when they toured with Lynyrd Skynyrd and I noticed quite a difference.

Also, too much showing off with solos and assorted nonsense from Steve Morse and Don Airey. Would have been much better using the time to play actual songs.

In fairness, they were good but I expected them to be great and I came away feeling a bit short changed.

The AC/DC exhibition had posters, press cuttings, videos, outfits, guitars etc. However the stuff that really interested me was passports, immigration papers, personal letters and such like. The Bon Scott letters, looked at with the benefit of hindsight, were quite sad and poignant.

On a lighter note, I see that Thin Lizzy are at the Ironworks next month. I've seen them twice with Phil Lynott and twice without. They remain a superb live act and I thoroughly recommend them. Brian Downey and Darren Wharton are back in the band again and John Sykes is out so it is a different line up from the last time I saw them.

Rockulus
04-Dec-11, 16:08
I noticed that Thin Lizzy were playing Inverness in January, but unfortunately it's on a Friday night I believe, and I'll be presenting the Rock Show. I wanted to see how Ricky Warwick was coping as lead vocalist. He was excellent in The Almighty and his solo stuff is pretty good too although more acoustic-based.

To think the 'Lizzy and Black Stone Cherry in March too (as mentioned previously somewhere on here), Inverness is slowly becoming a magnet for Rock!