PDA

View Full Version : dictaphone tapes

sweetpea
19-Sep-06, 11:29
I am trying to find a way of transferring the contents on small dictaphone tapes to a larger one so that it can be listened to by a group of people. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?:(

alistair harper
19-Sep-06, 11:54
I am trying to find a way of transferring the contents on small dictaphone tapes to a larger one so that it can be listened to by a group of people. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?:(
hi there
if your dictaphone has a socket for a pair of head phones you can buy a cable that plugs into your tape then on the other end a jack plug would be able to be pluged into the record part of another tape or you can do this on your computar and record it on to disc. ask any electrical shop like beggs if they have the plug.

take care

dpw39
19-Sep-06, 13:21
I have sent you a pm on the subject. However, you must be aware that if it is a tape of a recording of someone who may not wish to have the content transmitted (there are apparently legal constraints on taping certain types of conversations without there knowledge - or without the owners permission etc). Not wanting to be paranoid, but it is alwasy best to check first regarding the content of the tapes etc.

Ciao,

dpw39

alistair harper
19-Sep-06, 18:46
I have sent you a pm on the subject. However, you must be aware that if it is a tape of a recording of someone who may not wish to have the content transmitted (there are apparently legal constraints on taping certain types of conversations without there knowledge - or without the owners permission etc). Not wanting to be paranoid, but it is alwasy best to check first regarding the content of the tapes etc.

Ciao,

dpw39

I agree with dpw best think first on what you want other people to listen to as any thing that is not disclosed to a person you are tapeing then played to other people without their permission is classed as an offence and any court would dissmiss this from any case and you could end up in court yourself

sweetpea
20-Sep-06, 00:24
I agree with dpw best think first on what you want other people to listen to as any thing that is not disclosed to a person you are tapeing then played to other people without their permission is classed as an offence and any court would dissmiss this from any case and you could end up in court yourself
Don't worry I am fully versed in the concept of confidentiality having worked within it's bounds for years. Truley I know what I am doing but thanks for the concern:D