PDA

View Full Version : Ebay numptys

footie chick
19-Sep-06, 11:26
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FABULOUS-NEXT-FREE-SPIRIT-HORSES-DUVET-SET-NEW_W0QQitemZ220027191266QQihZ012QQcategoryZ122757 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Some people just haven't got a clue the price can clearly be seen on this item and is still for sale in the shop:eek:

newpark
19-Sep-06, 11:33
That never happens to me I have never made money on ebay yet, have sold loads of things but always make a loss.

Billy Boy
19-Sep-06, 11:39
lol that's what you call laughing all the way to paypal:lol:

obiron
19-Sep-06, 11:42
havent sold anything yet. the next step.
was looking at dr who stuff for the youngest and found the price on somethings is about £20 dearer than what is in the argos book. bit of a rip off.

saxovtr
19-Sep-06, 11:51
o dear.....

Piglet
19-Sep-06, 12:06
I'm never that luck either usually make a small profit but not that much. :roll:

Scunner
19-Sep-06, 12:10
just received a jug I purchased from ebay. Description: quote 'a crack near handle' unquote. A crack all the way down the side and across the bottom, and a chip on the rim. I'm mad as a hatter.

Natterjack
19-Sep-06, 13:58
I've been having a clear out of 20 years of car boot & charity shop junk. I didn't know what to collect so I bought anything cheap. My best sale so far on ebay has been an LP bought for 50p & sold for £170! Other things that I was sure would sell haven't but I'm making a profit.
Just back online after computer problems so I'll be back at it tomorrow. It's becoming like a part time job!

henry20
19-Sep-06, 14:05
Well, I hope to make a few ebay sales myself - if my flaming network cable ever arrives!! Oh yes, I bought it off ebay - first class postage, shame its taken almost a week before they think to put it to post office!!

teritoots
19-Sep-06, 14:16
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FABULOUS-NEXT-FREE-SPIRIT-HORSES-DUVET-SET-NEW_W0QQitemZ220027191266QQihZ012QQcategoryZ122757 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Some people just haven't got a clue the price can clearly be seen on this item and is still for sale in the shop:eek:

All I can say I totally agree complete numpties! I just to think ebay would be best price but no ya gotta shop around as there's loads off stuff on ebay you can buy in shops cheaper!

footie chick
19-Sep-06, 14:21
Well, I hope to make a few ebay sales myself - if my flaming network cable ever arrives!! Oh yes, I bought it off ebay - first class postage, shame its taken almost a week before they think to put it to post office!!

What really annoys me is when you pay instantly and your still waiting for the stuff well over a week later :mad:

Natterjack
19-Sep-06, 14:41
Somebody bought a mug from me, paid for it & arranged to pick it up personally. After 2 months and several emails I'm still waiting. What do I do with it now?

emszxr
19-Sep-06, 14:45
i always pay instantly with paypal.
a couple of weeks ago i bought some terrapin food and they had the cheek to tell me a few days later that they didnt have any in stock, it was 2 weeks before i got it. they shouldnt have auctioned it if they didnt have it.
i was running very low on terrpain food by the time the new one arrived.
and if i had left them bad feedback they would probably have done the same to me, so wasnt happy

henry20
19-Sep-06, 14:54
Somebody bought a mug from me, paid for it & arranged to pick it up personally. After 2 months and several emails I'm still waiting. What do I do with it now?

Make yourself a cup of tea :lol:

Sounds like they were the mug - paying for it then not collecting it! Have they replied to your emails?

newpark
19-Sep-06, 15:00
I won a car battery and stupidly never thought that it would not be able to be posted, after a week of not receiving it I emailed the guy who said he could not post. I got a refund but he is still selling car batteries quoting a delivery charge makes you wonder why he is wasting his time as you are not allowed to send batteries through the post.

Natterjack
19-Sep-06, 15:02
Make yourself a cup of tea :lol:

Sounds like they were the mug - paying for it then not collecting it! Have they replied to your emails?
Only the first one. After so long I think I can relist it. It was only £1.50. If she'd changed her mind she could have let me know.

Max
19-Sep-06, 15:05
I sold a horse box quite cheap and got bad feedback. The person came all the way from Wales to collect it!

Buttercup
19-Sep-06, 15:07
just received a jug I purchased from ebay. Description: quote 'a crack near handle' unquote. A crack all the way down the side and across the bottom, and a chip on the rim. I'm mad as a hatter.

If the item is not as discribed you're intitled to your money back. Email the seller and say you want a refund. If you get no joy there, contact ebay and they'll help you out.

henry20
19-Sep-06, 15:08
Only the first one. After so long I think I can relist it. It was only £1.50. If she'd changed her mind she could have let me know.

I would relist - if worst came to the worst, you could give her a refund if she did get in touch, but after this long, you'd think she'd forgotten - has she had any transactions since then? If she has had no transactions since, maybe she has computer problems!? If not, maybe she realised she'd be cheaper cutting her losses than collecting it - but should've let you know if this was the case.

Billy Boy
19-Sep-06, 15:09
i always pay instantly with paypal.
a couple of weeks ago i bought some terrapin food and they had the cheek to tell me a few days later that they didnt have any in stock, it was 2 weeks before i got it. they shouldnt have auctioned it if they didnt have it.
i was running very low on terrpain food by the time the new one arrived.
and if i had left them bad feedback they would probably have done the same to me, so wasnt happy

i know the feeling,i bought a new seal for my tank filter,and it stated they had 16 in stock,a few day's later they said they had none and were waiting for more stock to come in,4 week's later it came,i was not a happy chappie untill i opened the envelope and they gave me one free for the inconvence,fair enough,but not the point as they stated they had 16 in the first place:mad:

scaraben
19-Sep-06, 15:30
I posted my first order to Ebay for a piece of software today under :"Pay Now" I understand there is some system in operation whereby you can check on how your order is progressing EG. : "In warehouse" "Mailed today" Etc how do I navigate to this ????