PDA

View Full Version : Right to life?

ducati
11-Jun-11, 20:22
I was following a car through Castletown today and there were a few people in it. I could not tell you the age or gender of any of them. One of them threw a beer or cider can out of the window, in full view of pedestrians and other drivers.

Now...it set me on a train of thought. The world is full of people and in many areas over full. This situation is not getting any better. I wonder if in the past we as a society might have been a bit hasty in condeming and making illegal all homicide.

Now I agree that littering is a misdemeanour, however the circumstances lead me to surmise that these people have absolutely no respect or regard for the other people and world around them, and as such should really forfeit their right to be here.

So what I am proposing, is that if you kill one or more persons, and can put forward a reasonable case for them not deserving their place in the world, the judge should say "fair enough, off you go".

What do you think? :eek:

Moira
11-Jun-11, 20:51
I think you stopped, picked up the discarded beer/cider can, drove home and drank from it deeply.

Apart from that I think that Scottish Law Courts still allow killing on grounds of diminished responsibility.

You'd be OK if you admitted to drinking the discarded contents of the beer/cider can before committing any crime (killing someone). Goodness only knows what would have been in the can....

John Little
11-Jun-11, 20:57
I think you may be in danger of becoming a grumpy old man. Have a dram, then run round the garden naked shouting 'Cuckoo' at the top of your voice.

You'll feel a lot better.

pmcd
11-Jun-11, 20:58
Trials for the anti-social should be in front of a tribunal, who decide whether or not they are civilised humans. If so, they proceed to normal trial. If not, they are declared "inhuman", and sent to the South of an uninhabited Scottish Island and told to defend it against the enemy in the North. The next inhuman is sentenced to the North of the Island, and told to defend it against the enemy in the South. And so on, and so on..... Food and water are supplied, as are unlimited arms and ammunition. That'll let them know what happens when you throw a beer can away!

Litter scum are merely another branch of the ill-educated, knuckle-trailing, bottom-feeding, monobrow grunting oafs who don't know the meaning of the word "consequences". Their punishment lies in the fact that they cannot see beyond their own brutishness, and only get to see the world through crap-coloured spectacles. They carry their own prisons around with them, and that at least brings me a quantum of solace.......

John Little
11-Jun-11, 21:03
PMCD - you have given this matter much thought I think...:eek:

Corrie 3
11-Jun-11, 21:09
Live and let live is what I say!!

C3....;)

Moira
11-Jun-11, 21:15
Live and let live is what I say!!

C3....;)

Stop taking this thread off-course C3. Live and let die would be closer. :)

canuck
11-Jun-11, 21:28
One of the joys (and there are a few) of the 'eldernization' process is the opportunity to observe over time the maturation and responsifying of once reckless youth. In other words, I've seen people grow up and in some cases make restitution for some destructive actions. May nobody die, please.

starfish
11-Jun-11, 21:35
it really grates on me when i see rubbish be thrown about i was taught to look after the countryside and it will look after you eg if you pollute rivers then the fish will die if you shoot things out of season then they can not reproduce ,pollute the ground crops will not grow

Stefan
11-Jun-11, 21:37
Aren't there some islands around that have been deserted ? Couple years with nothing but a book with simple instruction on how to survive on a desert island would maybe bring the aforementioned beer can thrower to change his/her mind about such misdemeanor ? If he/she can read that is...

Phill
11-Jun-11, 23:13
Mega-city one type of legalised euthanasia.............. Sounds like a plan!

pmcd
12-Jun-11, 00:37
The trouble with "live and let live" is that it doesn't quite work - witness the amazing efforts of a group of people in Wick who really push the boat out with street and kerbside flower displays in baskets, tubs, floral clocks and the like - and win a massive Silver "Best Kept" Award, as they did last year.

Contrast this with the pile of unacceptable chuckaway bottles, crisp packets and wrappers near the desolation of the Haldanes (RIP) bus stop, and the last bit of the walk up to Tesco. Plus the park bench which one anti-social remnant decided to stove in after a skinful. Live and let live? Sure, if you want your town to look like a midden.

The fight will be a long one. But the good guys can and should win!

Kevin Milkins
12-Jun-11, 00:48
Litter is a big problem and the true costs of sorting it have been highlighted by one of the council blokes in this weeks Groat.

I have been out and about enjoying the nice late evenings we have been having, but the calm weather and nice sunsets have been spoiled by the amount of litter that have been thrown to ground with little or no regard for anyone that has to view it or pick it up.:confused

What makes me more sad about the situation is, I don't have any good ideas how to improve the situation, and I don't think killing someone for dropping litter is justified, (yet).;)

Gronnuck
12-Jun-11, 06:50
Aren't there some islands around that have been deserted ? Couple years with nothing but a book with simple instruction on how to survive on a desert island would maybe bring the aforementioned beer can thrower to change his/her mind about such misdemeanor ? If he/she can read that is...

North Rona could do with a population.

annemarie482
12-Jun-11, 09:01
i blame the parents.......
and schools......
and society!!

bring back punishment, manners, rules and respect for others among children and we'd be on the right track again.

kids today have it FAR too easy.

lapse parenting and the results are starting to show nationwide. [disgust]

(basically the first generation of softly softly brought up kids having kids...)

(says her who's 26!! but had strict parents ;) )

Corrie 3
12-Jun-11, 09:48
Stop taking this thread off-course C3. Live and let die would be closer.
You have been watching too much of Sean Connery Moira......:lol:

How about picking the offenders out at birth and then drowning them before they get the chance to pollute our lovely County!!!

C3......:eek::roll:

therealducati
12-Jun-11, 10:31
I think you may be in danger of becoming a grumpy old man. Have a dram, then run round the garden naked shouting 'Cuckoo' at the top of your voice.

He might, but, as a spectator, I definitely wouldn't!! There is also no way he is getting a dram of my whisky!

John Little
12-Jun-11, 15:02
Is he not allowed any then?

Bazeye
12-Jun-11, 18:24

Youre right, it does work. Got some funny looks off the neighbours though, but theyre weird so i wasnt too bothered,

oldmarine
12-Jun-11, 18:26
Another thread demonstrating that most people will not consider problems very serious. I appear to be losing my humor.

cherokee
12-Jun-11, 19:24
i blame the parents.......
and schools......
and society!!

bring back punishment, manners, rules and respect for others among children and we'd be on the right track again.

kids today have it FAR too easy.

lapse parenting and the results are starting to show nationwide. [disgust]

(basically the first generation of softly softly brought up kids having kids...)

(says her who's 26!! but had strict parents ;) )

I completley agree with you Annemarie !! And I'm going on fifty !!

Maccy
13-Jun-11, 13:39
Why not just give me the beer can and ill kill myself. No great loss.

ducati
13-Jun-11, 15:48
Why not just give me the beer can and ill kill myself. No great loss.

You may say that but what about the economy? Plummeting beer sales are in no one's interest. :eek: