PDA

View Full Version : The best live band in the world...

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Sep-06, 16:36
Kids, get yourself an education. This here is the best live rock 'n' roll band in the world.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kA_dSBLp1A8

Watch Jon Spencer get shirty with Jackie Chan at the end of this Miller Draft Blooze Explosion on French TV. The blues, if you didn't already know, is no.1!

"I don't play no blues. I play... rock 'n' roll" - Jon Spencer

scotsboy
20-Sep-06, 18:57
Reminds me of days gone by in the Town Hall Thurso.

Gleber2
20-Sep-06, 19:25
Reminds me of days gone by in the Town Hall Thurso.

Just got a photo of a band called the Jam taken in 1968 in Thurso town hall. Johnny Gray(crooked Jack), Graham Walker(ex Gary Moore/Blodwin Pig) and J.Fats. Those were the halcyon days of Thurso rock.

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 20:02
Hi what & when did Graham Walker play with Gary Moore? Just very interested as a bit of a Mr Moore fanatic, I know he went through many artists as he is a hard man to please, He had a great line up at one time with Ian Paice, Neil Murray & Don Airey, I remember J Fats over here for an orkney mates birthday they had a jam in one of the pubs i carried down an amp for them it was well worth it to see them play unforgettable night

Gleber2
20-Sep-06, 21:40
Hi what & when did Graham Walker play with Gary Moore? Just very interested as a bit of a Mr Moore fanatic, I know he went through many artists as he is a hard man to please, He had a great line up at one time with Ian Paice, Neil Murray & Don Airey, I remember J Fats over here for an orkney mates birthday they had a jam in one of the pubs i carried down an amp for them it was well worth it to see them play unforgettable night

Walker played with Gary Moore at the time of Still Got the Blues and subsequent albums. Did the Albert King tour etc. He is making a rare appearance in Dunnet Head Lighthouse in November where he will be playing with J.Fats and Son, Isaac. A night of blues and jazz. Thanks for the kind word about Coop's birthday. A great night, what I can remember about it.!!!!

The J.Fats band is just about ready to start gigging again. Can't wait.

Saxo01
20-Sep-06, 22:20
wow please keep me informed of the lighthouse blast I would definately like to see that, Yes Mr Fats junior was on the drums coop was playing the bass like a les paul, i took down my fender acoustic amp for leah to sing through, Unfortunately my memory started to falter as the night went on as well but what i can mind was brill, hey joe springs to mind

Gleber2
20-Sep-06, 22:30
wow please keep me informed of the lighthouse blast I would definately like to see that, Yes Mr Fats junior was on the drums coop was playing the bass like a les paul, i took down my fender acoustic amp for leah to sing through, Unfortunately my memory started to falter as the night went on as well but what i can mind was brill, hey joe springs to mind

I'll keep you informed. Tell Coop we've got Tony Macphee coming up on the 30th September.

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Sep-06, 23:41
I never thought Jon Spencer and Gary Moore would get mentioned in the same thread together, but there you go.

And what's this - the J. Fats Band about to start gigging again? Did they ever stop? Has Mr. Sutherland reconsidered his semi-retirement status? Bring it on...

canuck
21-Sep-06, 14:34
Just got a photo of a band called the Jam taken in 1968 in Thurso town hall. Johnny Gray(crooked Jack), Graham Walker(ex Gary Moore/Blodwin Pig) and J.Fats. Those were the halcyon days of Thurso rock.

Do we of the distance crowd get to see this picture?

TazHowlinGael
11-Oct-06, 20:07
AC/DC!!!!!!!!

Taz.

The_man_from_del_monte
18-Oct-06, 20:19
Seen many but the "best"? Hard one to call... probably Pink Floyd at Wembley Stadium for all out musicality and lightshow extravaganza. Of the rest I've seen the best of the bunch have been:

Hawkwind
Status Quo
Queen
Australian Pink Floyd
Santana
AC / DC
Roger Waters
Roxy Music
The Damned
The Clash
Tangerine Dream
Weather Report
Van der graff generator
Ian Dury and the blockheads
Jethro Tull
David Essex (yes! David Essex! surprisingly good live)
Dire Straits
Wings
Culture Club
Black Sabbath
The Who
Uriah Heep

too many to list but those are a few of the really good uns.

midi2304
19-Oct-06, 13:59
I'm not even that a big fan of theirs but after seeing them live at the Nou Camp in Barcelona with 80,000 other people, I have to say no band on Earth put a show on like U2.

the_big_mac
19-Oct-06, 14:41
Would've said Metallica at Download Glasgow, however i was totally blown away by Machine Head that day :cool: .

Their energy was simply amazing, especially given they was first on, and, well i was still sober at that point ;) .

Pantera are also sooperb live.

moncur
19-Oct-06, 15:44
Milli vannilli were ace live!

Jeid
19-Oct-06, 20:30
Stevie B is a huge fan of Milli Vannilli

the_big_mac
20-Oct-06, 09:03
Stevie B is a huge fan of Milli Vannilli

Thats cause Stevie B is a bit.............well you know what I mean :D

goggs1987
27-Oct-06, 18:20
Would've said Metallica at Download Glasgow, however i was totally blown away by Machine Head that day :cool: .

Their energy was simply amazing, especially given they was first on, and, well i was still sober at that point ;) .

Pantera are also sooperb live.

gotta agree with you there ... seen machine head - never ever experienced such raw energy!! simply amazing!! \m/.

Metalattakk
28-Oct-06, 01:30
AC/DC!!!!!!!!

Taz.

Quoted for truth.

Jeid
28-Oct-06, 01:56
Quoted for truth.

Prove it.... ;)

roblovesplastic
28-Oct-06, 13:15
Pink Floyd

www.pinkfloyd.com (http://www.pinkfloyd.com)

Boozeburglar
12-Nov-06, 22:38
Syd left many dark moons ago, and Roger Waters is the spiritual home of the true PF, imho.

maidencaithness
13-Nov-06, 01:49
A few highlights from many years of headbanging:

Iron Maiden too many to list
White Zombie at the Barrowlands in 96
Machine Head at Barrowlands in 95
Almighty several times in Barrowlands always AWESOME
Warrior Soul several times and always up for it
Whitesnake when they had Moody & Marsden

and pick of the bunch of late was David Gilmour at SECC in May

BTW if anyone is going down to Maiden at SECC next month I have a spare "First to the Barrier" pass. Where they let 160 punters in before doors open to public so you can get right to the front and have the nice bloke behind you piss down your leg coz he doesn't want to lose his place! You MUST have a standing ticket which if you want one will set you back about £75 on ebay, gig has been sold out for months and band are in top form.

PM if interested and it's free

Metalattakk
13-Nov-06, 04:19
Prove it.... ;)

No, you disprove it.

:lol:

Gotta say that I saw Jethro Tull at the Tarlair Music Festival in 1994 or 1995 or thereabouts. They put on a fantastic show, very down to earth despite it being a festival crowd.

But not quite as good as AC/DC.