PDA

View Full Version : White Bits...

Ash87
09-Jun-11, 13:50
Hi everyone!

Looking for any tips/reccommendations on how to get the ponio's feathers/blaze nice and sparkly this summer?

Thanks in advance!

Ashley :)

PS - I dont actually mean glittery... just super white ;)

Alba.gu.brath
09-Jun-11, 14:07
chalk but not on the face! you can buy that show white stuff from geddies I think... its good!

hazel mackay
09-Jun-11, 18:05
Wash him with fairy liquid, but you would need to keep him out the dirt after you wash them.

simpsoney
09-Jun-11, 18:41
Use whitner that farmers use for whitening the sheep's faces before sale.

Leanne
09-Jun-11, 18:48
Use whitner that farmers use for whitening the sheep's faces before sale.

This one :)

Edit - it's what they use to make mayo and talc white

Razz
09-Jun-11, 22:52
Years ago I used to use blue bag (whitener for washing) I dont know if you can still get this, but it used to work a treat on my gray mare.

Dadie
09-Jun-11, 23:40
The "blue rinse" popular with ladies of a certain age....whitens without yellowing.
And is used in the horsey circles .....might be useful for the feathers, not to sure on the blaze, but def on the tail!

Leanne
10-Jun-11, 10:57
The "blue rinse" popular with ladies of a certain age....whitens without yellowing.
And is used in the horsey circles .....might be useful for the feathers, not to sure on the blaze, but def on the tail!

Used to be used - it whitens an already clean tail by taking the yellow out but it doesn't remove stable stains. There are better things now :) Look for a product that contains zinc oxide as this is a white dye and truly makes them sparkle!

alison.c
10-Jun-11, 11:21
Last year i washed with fairly liquid, put talc on then bandaged up the leg :) pulled the bandage off at the show - it worked a treat!

landy
10-Jun-11, 13:43
supreme whitener from robinsons or derby house.mix to a paste rub in after washing then bandage up till show.can also be used in water as a rinse.brill,really worked onthe dirty oaf who is a skewbald.

Ash87
12-Jun-11, 00:36
Thanks so much everyone!! If I ever get the photos on this mastered I shall post a few to let you know how I get on :)

Thanks again for all your helpful posts!

Ashley :)

unicorn
12-Jun-11, 00:50
I don't know about horses but with rabbits cornflour and water paste works, but very messy

GruesomeTwosome
15-Jun-11, 09:02
Pig oil and sulphur for the legs. It protects, conditions, keeps the lice off and legs white.

leodhas01
15-Jun-11, 17:22
i got the same prob with cherry's mane, cow boy magic yellow stain remover along with blue rinse is realy good, i've seen quite a lot of horses look white with chalk aswell