PDA

View Full Version : open mic/jamming session in the Newmarket bar

DOC ROCK
18-Sep-06, 12:34
Are all you local musicians/singers aware that there is an open mic/jamming session in the Newmarket bar every Monday night.:cool:

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Sep-06, 13:27
Aye, the road to Carnegie Hall is a long one indeed. Sounds like a good opportunity for the local aspiring musicians to express themselves. Hope all goes doon a storm.

moncur
18-Sep-06, 13:40
They used to do that in skinandis a few years ago. Didn't really enjoy it too much. 3 drummers, 2 singers, 2 bassists and 8 guitarists all argueing over nothing really. was good when only a couple of us showed up as we could jam more songs.

Jam sessions probably are good though for anyone looking for like-minded musicians to work with.

Jeid
18-Sep-06, 14:07
Can be pretty good for warming up for gigs as well. Test songs out on an audience

DOC ROCK
18-Sep-06, 15:41
A few friends and myself have been participating at this open jam for the last few weeks, and it has been great fun in an non-competitive environment.

DOC ROCK
18-Sep-06, 15:46
By the way for anyone interested, the jamming kicks off any time after 7 pm.

DOC ROCK
18-Sep-06, 16:01
By the way for anyone interested, the jamming kicks off any time after 7 pm.
Forgot to say, that there will be a drum kit and P.A. system already setup ready to use. Anybody coming to play some guitar etc, would be better to bring their own instrument along.

Reev
19-Sep-06, 00:37
They used to do that in skinandis a few years ago. Didn't really enjoy it too much. 3 drummers, 2 singers, 2 bassists and 8 guitarists all argueing over nothing really. was good when only a couple of us showed up as we could jam more songs.

Jam sessions probably are good though for anyone looking for like-minded musicians to work with.

you only say that because until i gave up going (after someone broke my bass amp and the constant quarrels about nothing) you had nothing to do, then you took on the bass playing

once again LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

:lol: