PDA

View Full Version : Life Saving Course

Fran
18-Sep-06, 01:48
I was wondering if people in wick, and elsewhere, would be interested in attending a lifesaving course if a venue could be found. It would involve cardio pulmonary resuscitation, drowning and choking, electric schock and burning. It would teach you what to do if someone had a heart attack, was choking on something, got burnt or electrocuted or was found in water. If you knew what to do if you came across someone, you could save the persons life till the paramedics arrived and took over. It is also handy in a home situation if you have a sick relative and knew what to do, especially if they are diabetic or have cardiac problems.

rainbow
18-Sep-06, 07:26
I think your quote should read Life Saving Course - I opened it as I thought you meant Lifesaving as it would be at the Pool - towing people, throwing ropes. Sorry to be awkward. Much need for courses like this - basic life saving skills should be taught in schools as part of the ciriculum.

saxovtr
18-Sep-06, 09:38
id be interested,thought a few times what happens if sum1 i know has an accident or something is wrong im going to be completely useless,this is a good idea im up for it....

lauraspetportraits
18-Sep-06, 10:28
Hi Fran,

That sounds a really good idea. Count me in.

changilass
18-Sep-06, 18:56
Please let me know if you manage to get this up and running

Changi:D

Naefearjustbeer
18-Sep-06, 20:03
I get first aid every year through my work and would recomend it to everyone. I have also done a sports first aid through the caithness sports council again very worth while.
On more than one ocacaision I have had to treat choking, My wife would of died had I not intervened :eek: . I have also had to treat burns, arterial bleeding and shock. Everyone should have first aid training as you never know what you might happen upon. Who knows you might save a life or someone might save yours.

muddywilli
18-Sep-06, 20:53
Please count me in for that on. Sounds great. Everyone should know how to do the basics. Look forward to attending a future course.

unicorn
18-Sep-06, 21:33
would there be a certificate at the end?

Naefearjustbeer
19-Sep-06, 10:12
A lot of folk on here are probally certified already ;) Oh sorry you mean a first aid certificate LOL! I would expect so every course I have done has given a cert at the end :lol:

william53
20-Sep-06, 00:01
Hi Fran
Came across your thread I'm very interested in the life saving course as when you get it all up and running if you have any class on L S C please let me know as i know a few that would like to come along and listen or watch to what you have to say as were are in the services like yourself and this would be a great opportunity for us to learn this the training it self and we to would be looking for a certiftcate at the end of the course and of course how long does the course run for and where would you have it would you have it on through the day or have it as a night class well i do shift's so i would have to wait and see what you come up with and thanks for bringing this to my attention if you could get back to me on this i would be very gratefull .

lynne duncan
20-Sep-06, 12:32
time and place depending I would like to join as well

kani
20-Sep-06, 19:33
I would also be interested in doing this course, please keep me posted.

Fran
21-Sep-06, 00:56
Yes there will be a http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/22/22_1_25.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)c ertificate at the end to certify that you have completed the first aid course in life saving. Once I have it organised I will let you all know. I'm wondering if evenings would be best for everyone.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZN (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZN&utm_id=7925)

iain
21-Sep-06, 21:51
Count me in,if it agrees with my shifts.Everyone should do this,you never know when you might need it.

connieb19
21-Sep-06, 22:02
I'd definitely be interested too Fran..

Whitewater
21-Sep-06, 22:54
My first aid certificate is now out of date, not renewed since I retired. Very interested in the course.

First aid skills and knowledge are very important in this life. Managed to save myself a few years ago after I severed an artery. Also recognised a heart attack when one of my friends collapsed on a night out, everybody else just thought it was too much drink.

You may never need to use it, but when you come across an accident, or somebody requiring help, you will be glad that you have a little knowledge, it may mean the difference between life and death.

saxovtr
22-Sep-06, 09:32
My first aid certificate is now out of date, not renewed since I retired. Very interested in the course.

First aid skills and knowledge are very important in this life. Managed to save myself a few years ago after I severed an artery. Also recognised a heart attack when one of my friends collapsed on a night out, everybody else just thought it was too much drink.

You may never need to use it, but when you come across an accident, or somebody requiring help, you will be glad that you have a little knowledge, it may mean the difference between life and death.

well said,i feel useless at the moment im only young and i dont have the first clue about what to do if i came across an accident or anything,this course would be very very useful to me,depending on time and place,im sure i could work around things to attend this course,keep us posted m8