PDA

View Full Version : end of the Dounreay club.

Fran
18-Sep-06, 01:42
I was told today that the Dounreay Club in Wick is closing down for good on the last day of this month. Does anyone know if this is really true????

rainbow
18-Sep-06, 07:29
I really think this is the usual Wick gossipers working overtime. News to me and if it was true my husband would be 'horrified' and would be preparing his mourning period now.

saxovtr
18-Sep-06, 09:35
as it happens i heard that 2,not sure if theres any truth in it!!!

Lucy
18-Sep-06, 13:47
I really think this is the usual Wick gossipers working overtime. News to me and if it was true my husband would be 'horrified' and would be preparing his mourning period now.

Mine too. i'd better look out his good suit and black tie. If he's going to be at home more often girning about the demise of his favourite club then i'm of to the pub out of his way.:D

Fran
19-Sep-06, 02:16
I read in the paper to-day that they have a car boot sale coming up soon and are also advertising their hall for hire, so I think it must just be gossip again!!

riggerboy
19-Sep-06, 02:38
it would appear the gossip has been started by yourself fran well atleast on here, if the club was going to shut it would be in the groat as they would have to have an AGM and let the members know whats happening,

Fran
19-Sep-06, 02:41
No, I didn't start the gossip, i merely asked a question on here, as a member of the dounreay club said they were closing at the end of the month.

brokencross
19-Sep-06, 07:26
Fran maybe you only got half the message, maybe it is closing temporarily for refurbishment or redecoration.

the k
19-Sep-06, 13:37
As secretary of the Dounreay Club this is news to me far from closing we have this weekend a car boot sale to book a table ring 01955 602750 also If you wish to become a member we have a new members fee of £7.00 that must be good value.

riggerboy
19-Sep-06, 23:36
well done the club oops must go and pay my fees as its past august, little late again,(sorry),
o by the way i heard the club was closing too from 1 oclock in the morning until opening time is this correct