PDA

View Full Version : Cheri's a slapper

golach
17-Sep-06, 20:21
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/5354260.stm

What do the .Orgers think of this ludicrous situation, to me this is the world of Political Correctness gone haywire.
What right have these so called do gooders the Child Protection crowd, to make a complaint like this?
How much Police time and money has been wasted here?

I for one will be watching the ITV1 programme on Thursday at 21:00
"I smack and I'm proud".

Doolally
17-Sep-06, 20:43
What a complete waste of time and tax payers money!

maverick
17-Sep-06, 20:50
nothing wrong with a good clip round the ear, i got one when i stepped out of line, made me wake up and pay attention. Political correctness has gone mad. I dont think that there is anything wrong with spanking a child, i dont think that thats child abuse. Child abuse for me is when you beat the living daylights out of a child.

pultneytooner
17-Sep-06, 21:11
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/5354260.stm

What do the .Orgers think of this ludicrous situation, to me this is the world of Political Correctness gon haywire.
What right have these so called do gooders the Child Protection crowd, to make a complaint like this?
How much Police time and money has been wasted here?

I for one will be watching the ITV1 programme on Thursday at 21:00
"I smack and I'm proud".
The point is the police recieved a complaint and had to act, there'd be uproar if they didn't.

brandy
17-Sep-06, 21:22
yeah i know.. but the thing is that they should never have been called in the first place

pultneytooner
17-Sep-06, 21:27
yeah i know.. but the thing is that they should never have been called in the first place
Why not, it had to be established that it was a playful tap not a slap.
Just goes to show that it doesn't matter who you are you will face the law if you step out of line. This can only be a good thing.

connieb19
17-Sep-06, 21:50
It was probably some journalist who reported it to the police.

JAWS
18-Sep-06, 06:01
It would appear that it was the "Child Protection in Sport Unit" which was set up in 2001 by the NSPCC and the Sports Council.

I am no fan of Cherie Blair, but if that is their idea of Child Abuse iin Sport then I would suggest that they are a Solution desperately in search of a Problem.
Either that or they are just seeking some cheap publicity because, personally, I have never even heard of them.

Niall Fernie
18-Sep-06, 08:27
If anyone else had done this, there would have been 2 officers sent to investigate, not 6!

squidge
18-Sep-06, 09:20
It is absolutely ridiculous that the police had to investigate this. what on earth were they child protection people thinking about!!!!!

It is absolutely bizarre that anyone saw the exchange that was shown on the TV and thought it worthy of reporting to the police!

saxovtr
18-Sep-06, 09:33
iam confident that if she thought this was in anyway illegal or going to get her in trouble she would not have done it....so why are they even looking into it as common sense says that if she was going to slap somebody it would not be on tv!!!!!

Lolabelle
18-Sep-06, 12:49
They have got to be kidding, what a waste of time, and don't these people realise that they aren't doing their own cause any good. They just make themselves look like dills.
I don't think governments should be able to dictate on smaking children. I certainly don't believe in over doing discipline, but a good hard smack does alot more towards teaching children acceptable behaviour than explaining. Kids need to learn early that thier actions have consequences. For example; little kids run away laughing from thier parents, now does a parent say no and give them a good firm smack on the hand or bottom. Or do they explain that it is naughty to run away from mummy? What would deter them? Fear would!
Running away is funny to a little kid, but if it causes them to get a smack, it isn't so funny.
I think a smack is better than getting run over.

muddywilli
18-Sep-06, 21:06
The people on our planet have gone mad but hey thats old news.