PDA

View Full Version : Dance Music

roblovesplastic
17-Sep-06, 18:56
Is anyone in the Caithness area making their own dance music.

Just interested like

If you dont want to reply to this message please pm me on this or email:

Rob@plastic-food.co.uk

Chobbersjnr
17-Sep-06, 19:52
starting to wonder about recording polka music............or maybe russian legs-a-flying dance music
kossak I think

Chobbersjnr
17-Sep-06, 20:02
you dance heads are going to love me MWAHAHA

Rob I thought this was a music forum????

music dance music dance NAHHHH definately 2 different things

boom boom boom boom (120bpm)

tierce-de-picardie
17-Sep-06, 20:22
he he ye i do a bit of dance music he he lol. i guess ill be hated now. i dont use synths jsut gutiar its a fun challenge playign with harmonies to make techno ha ha,

no i dont buy techno or dnce so yes my tuens are dire ha ha

joe

roblovesplastic
17-Sep-06, 21:05
you dance heads are going to love me MWAHAHA

Rob I thought this was a music forum????

music dance music dance NAHHHH definately 2 different things

boom boom boom boom (120bpm)

of all the people to reply to this, u are the last i expected, u already said u tried the decks and couldna play them.

izzy, ive said this before, I respect u as a musician

But maybe u need to give a bit respect to the dance music posse

what, ure gonna write off the brothers, the field, the orb, the prodigy, death in vegas, dj lottie, silicone soul, slam, i really could go on on on didly on don.

This is about the only time I do know more than you in a MUSIC related subject, nuff said.

Chobbersjnr
17-Sep-06, 22:10
of all the people to reply to this, u are the last i expected, u already said u tried the decks and couldna play them.

izzy, ive said this before, I respect u as a musician

But maybe u need to give a bit respect to the dance music posse

what, ure gonna write off the brothers, the field, the orb, the prodigy, death in vegas, dj lottie, silicone soul, slam, i really could go on on on didly on don.

This is about the only time I do know more than you in a MUSIC related subject, nuff said.

dance & music in the same breath, it's a contradiction in itself

& decks aint for me after trying them

& after hearing only one of the mentioned names yes I would write them off

however I have sat through numerous parties & heard numerous dance recordings & it don't do it for me except St. Germain-----they rock

Deemac
17-Sep-06, 22:44
Dance they said!!

As far as I've seen (and this is VERY limited, but this modern concept of dance is SERIOUSLY flawed). THe original concept was for a couple to touch, meet, interact - groove - TOGETHER!! (as a couple - of ANY variety).

Today what do they do? . . . . . 'Figit' (and to me - looks farsical) to a moronic, bass heavy, electronically generated PULSE!!!! and think it's GREAT. All produced so blending from one sound to another is EASY!!)

REAL dance is a SKILL. An art form in itself. A poety in motion. TWO people moving as ONE.

This four to the floor, insipid, distillation of what dance used to be about, is a joke. And the sounds (note I don't use the term music) is generated by the push button, looped sample/groove parasites who's only talent is to spot another bland, robotic PULSE - (very clever, what a telent!!)

Not for me chaps.

I thrive on musicality, un-predictable, musical INTEREST. Innovation.

I AIN'T hearing very much of this so far.:roll:

Chobbersjnr
17-Sep-06, 23:57
some fine miltary 2 steps last night WHOT

on yer sel' D

Reev
19-Sep-06, 00:19
...............i js have to say, DANCE DANCE DANCE

boombox me baby

:cool:

K dragon
19-Sep-06, 01:57
death in vegas, i wouldnt say they were dance directly but my fave album of theirs is the cortino sessions.

the whole album was recorded in a hotel room.

i found it amazing. lever street was a fave of mine.

and just for the record.....

their does not seem to be a lot of respect on this local forum.

its very disturbing.

but i guess when some of the biggest egos in caithness meet in one place, thats what happens.

are musicians born egotistical or am i not a true musician.......must go and ponder that while i make myself an absinthe.

moncur
19-Sep-06, 10:39
im not the biggest fan of dance music (a bit too thumpy thumpy with alvin and the chipmonks on vocals all the time) but i am amazed at hip-hop dj's eg mixmaster mike who plays with the beastie boys.

In my own opinion id pick hip-hop over dance anyday, at least with hip-hop u can tap ur feet to the beat without the neccesity to wave your arms around with glows sticks wrapped between ur fingers.

K dragon
19-Sep-06, 13:01
dance is too dull and repetitive these days./ back in 93 onwards to about 2000 it was great. cafe del mar, abc, underworld, early moby, chemical brothers, and many others.

it went from trance to dance to pants.

i was a techno trance freak before i got into rock.

roblovesplastic
19-Sep-06, 19:02
well heres a thing and you will ALL thank me for this.

Theres a clue in the name DANCE music, which suggests the part of the artform that you lot can't see.

I speak as one who beat the 'lighthouse collective' a few times in the top 10 MP3's of Caithness when mp3.com was free (lol)

What did I beat them with?

propa house music baby

lol

ppppft!!!

Chobbersjnr
19-Sep-06, 20:55
well heres a thing and you will ALL thank me for this.

Theres a clue in the name DANCE music, which suggests the part of the artform that you lot can't see.

I speak as one who beat the 'lighthouse collective' a few times in the top 10 MP3's of Caithness when mp3.com was free (lol)

What did I beat them with?

propa house music baby

lol

ppppft!!!

did you feel good?? followed by a sinking feeling of despair when you didn't get your leather medal with treacle center

proper house (music) being optional

roblovesplastic
19-Sep-06, 20:59
[quote=Chobbersjnr;136353]did you feel good?? followed by a sinking feeling of despair when you didn't get your leather medal with treacle center

proper house (music) being optional[/quote

Ahh the olde come down which associates itself with the words dance music

so ya never had a come down on rock and roll chobs?

Chobbersjnr
19-Sep-06, 21:08
[quote=Chobbersjnr;136353]did you feel good?? followed by a sinking feeling of despair when you didn't get your leather medal with treacle center

proper house (music) being optional[/quote

Ahh the olde come down which associates itself with the words dance music

so ya never had a come down on rock and roll chobs?

rock & roll rules my friend & I play it regularly

roblovesplastic
24-Sep-06, 22:26
[quote=roblovesplastic;136356]

rock & roll rules my friend & I play it regularly

anywayz, no talking bout r'n'r' just danz

anyw0one?

b=4 ahh give up[lol]

Saxo01
25-Sep-06, 00:17
Jings mon U want 2 hear the jam at the hoose the now serious blues & a bit of the old deep purple

roblovesplastic
25-Sep-06, 01:46
does this thread and deep purple have in common?

midi2304
26-Sep-06, 15:49
Rob you know from meeting me at my little sister's wedding that I'm always up for a bit of production work. Getting pretty familiar with my way around Ableton Live now as well. Shame I'm working down here in Aberdeen now :~(