PDA

View Full Version : uploading pictures

kmacaye
05-Jun-11, 18:29
trying to upload pictures of car to sell but can not get rid of an old picture that is stored in the memory, can somebody tell me how to do this please as i cannnot see a delete button?

annemarie482
05-Jun-11, 18:45
i struggle too, can't help with that question but suggest using photobucket or imageshack as a host of your pics.
hope you get an answer, will be watching to learn too! :)

YummyMummy
05-Jun-11, 21:24
Same with me. Loads of old photos. Can't get rid

badger
07-Jun-11, 10:59
Go into your Settings (at the top) and right at the bottom of the left hand menu you will see Attachments. That's where you can delete all old images.

RecQuery
07-Jun-11, 11:52
Imgur (http://imgur.com/) is probably the easiest, safest and fastest to use image host and you don't need to register. If you check the Tools (http://imgur.com/tools/) section you'll see a bunch of utilities and widgets to make things even easier.

badger
07-Jun-11, 12:19
I'm never quite sure why people need to use other programs when it's so easy to upload and delete pics. on here. To add a pic. to a post all you have to do is click on Manage Attachments at the bottom of the page where you have written your post and then upload your pics. If Manage Attachments doesn't show, you do need to click on Go Advanced first and it will appear. If the pics. are too big it automatically reduces them. You can keep quite a lot of pics. in your Attachments section so adding new ones isn't a problem. I've already said how you can delete them.

It's not immediately obvious that to add a pic. you go to Manage Attachments, but once you've sorted that the rest is easy.

YummyMummy
07-Jun-11, 12:26
Thanks Badger. Very helpful. I know how to add and remove pics from actual posts. Don't suppose you could tell me how to get rid of all my old pictures (in the actual "attachments section" where all your images are stored)? Or do they just stay there redundant forever and a day? Not a huge problem, but it would be good to be able to delete them and there is no obvious way of doing it - well to me anyway! Thanks in advance

RecQuery
07-Jun-11, 14:05
Well forum hosting has a size limit, you can't post the pictures elsewhere (another forum etc), you need to be logged in to view them and it eats up a forums bandwidth. That's why I prefer image hosting, it's also arguably easier for your average user.

broch
08-Aug-13, 23:03
i have the same problem, cant delete pics already uploaded..... going into settings then attachments says you have i no attachments, so im stumped still