PDA

View Full Version : "Natural Tanning" ?

cherokee
05-Jun-11, 18:22
With this gorgeous weather we've had the last few days, I'm just curious as to who has been able to enjoy it and what have you done to protect your skin ? :eek:

Me; I've spent a few hours "pottering" in the front and back garden, tidying away dead flowers and weeding where necessary.....and then.......

I've just been lying out on a sun-lounger for a few hours. (lazy? .... I know !!) Slathered myself though with SPF 25 and I'm actually beginning to turn brown (yeah!!) !! :cool::cool:

Crackeday
05-Jun-11, 18:27
Smothered my skin in Baby oil and lay in the sun all day!!!!!!
I didnt really, i popped in and out all day, i try and not stay in it for too long, dont like the lobster look!!!!!

annemarie482
05-Jun-11, 18:49
i'm not a sun lover at all......in fact, these last few days have been well above the melting temp of a caithnessian! lol
(prob not helping being pregnant)
so despite my hiding in shadows, and covering up, i am perfectly impersonating a lobster!
but on the bright side, i do tan well, tomorrow i will look as if i've been abroad instead of keiss lol

porshiepoo
05-Jun-11, 20:22
Zhush tan accelerator and factor 20 (40 on the face). I do tan easily anyway, at least everywhere except my legs for some reason.
You'd be suprised just how much you can tan up here even when the sun isn't what we'd call hot.
I used to go abroad and slather myself in baby oil till I cooked, but a holiday to Turkey ruined due to severe blistering made me realise just how stupid I was. Now I don't risk it and where sunscreen all through the summer.

Dadie
05-Jun-11, 22:36
Factor 50 slathered over the kids and me....at regular intervals..kids perfectly fine but I think I missed bits on me:eek:
I just burn...so if I want a tanned look I fake it!
Im better off staying my natural Caithness colouring of white to bordering on blue....unless I go to the salon otherwise I look like an odd orange and white zebra if I try it myself!

Koi
05-Jun-11, 23:02
I've been avoiding it as i hate being too warm and thats what i have been. I put sun cream on my son and myself before we go out or to go out in the garden for a while. I have noticed that my arms are darker than my legs. My legs never see the sun but the skin on my arms is out all year round.

I do try to wear something on my arms as the lobster affect isn't very nice. I was burnt a few years ago on my arms and legs(Lay out in the sun and fell asleep!) and my legs were more painful than my arms. But the lobster affect doesn't look good on me so i do try my best to avoid staying out too long in it when its at its most damaging.

As much as i don't like the heat i have to admit that it is so nice to have dry days again.

Bazeye
08-Jun-11, 01:41
Should have had a haircut first. Ive got a white line along my hairline now.

oldmarine
08-Jun-11, 01:46
With this gorgeous weather we've had the last few days, I'm just curious as to who has been able to enjoy it and what have you done to protect your skin ? :eek:

Me; I've spent a few hours "pottering" in the front and back garden, tidying away dead flowers and weeding where necessary.....and then.......

I've just been lying out on a sun-lounger for a few hours. (lazy? .... I know !!) Slathered myself though with SPF 25 and I'm actually beginning to turn brown (yeah!!) !! :cool::cool:

I love the heat (it gets hot in Tucson, AZ). I could never take the cold weather again after returning from the South Pacific after WW2. My physician recommended a creme to rub on my fair complexion to protect me from the hot solar rays of Tucson during the summer months.

George Brims
08-Jun-11, 19:07
I love the heat (it gets hot in Tucson, AZ).
For those not familiar with Tuscon, what oldmarine means by "it gets hot" is that Tucson in a typical summer can have "a hundred hundreds", that is over 100 days where the thermometer goes over 100F. I've visited on a few of those days. Sorry old mate, but I hate the place!

Julia
08-Jun-11, 19:23
My daily moisturiser is SPF 25 whether it's sunny or not, trying to keep wrinkles at bay LOL! The kids get factor 50 but my wee boy is still turning brown. I'm not a sun worshipper at all, don't fancy tough leathery skin when I'm older so I bung on the kids spray too. I've never tried fake tan, have yet to see it done well, there are some right 'orange' lassies going about!