PDA

View Full Version : BT VISION on more than one tv?!

annemarie482
05-Jun-11, 17:35
i have bt vision, but would also like to have it in my bedroom,

do i need another box?

or to the sky video senders work for bt vision?

would like advice and to heard from someone who has successfully managed this! lol

Moonboots
06-Jun-11, 10:01
Co-ax aerial (Grey Vision boxes only): Connect an aerial (co-ax) cable from the BT Vision box RF output socket to the aerial input socket on the other TV in the house. You'll then need to tune in a spare channel on the other TV to the output channel of the BT Vision box - by default, this is channel 36. For aerial co-ax connectors and extension leads, try maplin.co.uk.

This function was removed in the newer Black BT Vision boxes. To use Co-ax cables with a black box, you'll also need an RF Modulator.

Another option - (an AV sender) These connect to the SCART socket on the BT Vision box and transmit the output wirelessly to a receiver that can be connected to a second TV. Wireless AV senders are available from Argos and Maplin.

or If you have a home network, you could look at getting a Slingbox to send your video over an Ethernet network.

If you need more help then just ask.

annemarie482
06-Jun-11, 11:58
thank you! i'll give those a go.
i have the silver box.

phil_moonbeam
06-Jun-11, 17:16
two boxes works as well but you can only use one box for on demand services at any one time we have one box connected directly to the hub the other tro the comtrend mains adapters hope this helps