PDA

View Full Version : After school activities for 5 year old?

reeboksusie
04-Jun-11, 22:18
Hi, my son starts school in august and was looking to get him involved in some after school sport activities once he's got used to the longer hours. He's adamant he doesn't want to do football so was just wondering what other options are available for him. He's happy to do swimming once a week, just looking for something additional to that. Any advice and contact numbers would be most appreciated.
Thanx in advance, Susie

lindsaymcc
04-Jun-11, 22:37
Kong Soo Do is a martial arts that is great for little ones, Vince the instructor is brilliant. Tuesday Nights in Thurso 7pm - 7.45pm Friday nights in Castletown (not sure of times) and Sundays in Halkirk 1.45-2.45pm. First 3 sessions are free, and then £2 a session after that.

I believe there is a beavers group in Thurso too, but my girls do Rainbows in Halkirk!

reeboksusie
06-Jun-11, 07:45
Cheers for the info lindsay, the martial arts sounds good. I'm assuming rainbows is just for girls?
Thanks again, Susie

newpark
06-Jun-11, 08:06
Kuk Sool in Miller on a Mon and Fri for the little ones, Break dancing in the Youth club on a Tues, Beavers, Football, Swimming are all the ones my kids go to who are also 5.

lindsaymcc
06-Jun-11, 12:16
Yep, Rainbows is just for girls. There is definately a lot on!

NickInTheNorth
06-Jun-11, 12:22
Beavers is the rainbow equivalent for boys, they start from five and three quarters - tuesdays 6.30pm scout hall davidson's lane in Thurso

Caithness Gym club also worth a try, they are very busy and usually full but worth a try.

Dadie
06-Jun-11, 14:30
There is Boys Brigade as well..Anchor boys start at 5.
Its in the BB Hall in Thurso on a Thursday night.

Bobinovich
06-Jun-11, 15:12
Beavers is the rainbow equivalent for boys, they start from five and three quarters - tuesdays 6.30pm scout hall davidson's lane in Thurso

...and I'll add that both girls and boys can attend Beavers, and can progress through Cubs, Scouts and Venture Scouts :D