PDA

View Full Version : A glimmer of common sense at last???

Bobinovich
04-Jun-11, 19:31
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393764/Ministers-pledge-cut-Whitehall-waste-10bn.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

A step in the right direction maybe? As a businessman I'm always looking for the supplier offering the best deals, especially on standard items such as paper & card. It's madness to see the difference in prices they're being charged when they've got such massive bulk buying power!

Kenn
04-Jun-11, 21:50
What I want to know is if this can be implemented in Whitehall can it not be repeated in The NHS which also has the same ludicrous buying system ?

Dialyser
04-Jun-11, 21:59
What I want to know is if this can be implemented in Whitehall can it not be repeated in The NHS which also has the same ludicrous buying system ?

NHS Scotland has had national contracts for the purchase of most goods for a number of years now. I remember from when it came in, seeing large savings on most things.

weezer 316
06-Jun-11, 11:38
Astonishing. I swear I used to support labour but their inability to leverage the govt's huge buying power is just plain stupid. I literally cant think of a more credit worthy body than the govt.

Of course no credit will be given in these parts by the likes of corrie if they do manage to save even a few billion. After all, tis the tories

Rheghead
06-Jun-11, 11:57
tories putting the 2nd n in lacerations