PDA

View Full Version : Busy packing as time goes by

muddywilli
17-Sep-06, 15:34
Well with only a week left to go before the big move to our new house in Milton, I am very busy packing at hyper speed. Why? because time just flies by. One minute your looking at property, the next you making a offer. Then suddenly the seller accepts and the ball starts rolling even faster, before you know it.... BANG.. only one week to go.
I have just entered the wardrobe zone... oh dear what a sunday afternoon headache. Roll on Monday morning work, now you know things are grim when you start thinking that.
I never knew how much stuff we have managed to collect over the past three years. Things for a house together that have been hid away and certainly forgotten about.
Then of course as every man knows, theres the shed. Oh my word do i have that many tools, tool boxes and boxes of nuts and bolts. Camping gear and chairs. The list seems never ending.
We have booked a transit Jumbo long wheel base for the move part one, which i reckon will burst at the seems. Then when we return with the hire van we will then wait a couple of days to get over the line line syndrome and then another 700 miles with both cars and the four dogs, my twin axel trailer (full) and of course anything we forgot or couldn't fit in the van.
We are going to purchase a washing machine and freezer once we move in, so if anyone has either of these items for sale please let me know.
One thing for sure, you can always manage to find five minutes to check out the forum, cracking excuse to holt the packing routine.

Billy Boy
17-Sep-06, 15:51
lol, You have my sympathy.
I swear i had the fastest house move in history, when we bought our house i had only packed six box's of bits and pieces as i had a 21month old baby.

Then came the day we got the keys i will never forget that weekend as long as i live, we got the keys at 2pm friday afternoon and we were in by 10pm saturday night Mr Billy Boy was racing about like a man possessed, him and his mate got a lend of a van from his uncle & granny watched little miss bb and i was running about like a lunatic.[para]
mind you i lost 5lb's that weekend so it wasnt all bad i guess:lol:

( i would lend you Mr BB but he has the man flu at the moment )

Alice in Blunderland
17-Sep-06, 16:37
I am also packing we exchange contracts on Friday Thirteenth:eek: and I have hardly got anything done.We are not starting our new house until the spring but were unsure how long it would take us to sell this house.......sold in three days didnt even get the sign in the window.Never mind weeboyagee has kindly offered to give me and ma kids shelter...well hes going to Canada soon and by the time he gets back Ill have moved in squaters rights will have been declared.:cool:

sweetpea
17-Sep-06, 21:08
I love moving! Veteran mover that's me. It's a chance to clear out the old and in with the new. Bit like the new year:D Be ruthless it suits you

Wish
18-Sep-06, 09:31
Ohhh soo have my sympathies on this one, as you know we are about to move too! Its 500 miles for us, have had some quotes for the move:eek: its very expensive, so we are going to try and do it ourselves, probably a recipe for a divorce but hey, we will no doubt have a squabble or too and then just laugh at each other!

I haven't even started packing yet, I just feel overwhelmed by it atall:confused

Good luck to anyone else moving, hope your all very happy in your new homesxx