PDA

View Full Version : HP c5280 printer help !!

onecalledk
04-Jun-11, 19:14
have recently replaced both cartridges with recycled ones from tesco. Have previously used these with NO probs. This time the black cartridge wouldnt work so took it back for another one. Have printed the test page fine and a few more pages fine. Went to print today and it printed off 2 sheets that were blurry and streaked then came the message error REFER TO INSTRUCTIONS with an orange exlaimation flashing at me on the machine.

Have tried various things, have tried wiping the contacts with filtered water as per instructions on the HP site, have tried switching it off, have tried taking cartridges out whilst it was switched off then putting them back in again.

Can anyone help and is it a fault with the tesco cartidge. I have no longer got the receipt for them as it appeared all was well. Was going to order HP cartridges from amazon but loathe to do this and waste the money already spent as the cartridges are full!

help

K

Koi
05-Jun-11, 00:49
Did you try hitting it with a hammer? ;):lol:

I'll speak to himself and see what he suggests.

onecalledk
05-Jun-11, 13:30
cheers, I am at the end of my tether with it , the orange flash of doom is doing my head in !

K

Koi
05-Jun-11, 22:48
cheers, I am at the end of my tether with it , the orange flash of doom is doing my head in !

K

He's worked the whole weekend but think he's not tomorrow. I will ask him tomorrow about it. I totally forgot lol.

torisdale
13-Jun-11, 21:57
have you tried printing an alignment page or possibly checking the print resolution?

RIR
17-Jun-11, 00:44
http://www.ehow.com/how_6777499_reset-cartridges-hp-c5280-printer.html

Ian.