PDA

View Full Version : STV... so crap

toffee_pie
04-Jun-11, 15:04
So, was going to look forward to watching England on HD later today, only to see STV are showing ...

agatha christies poirot..:roll::roll:

Seriously, who watches this stuff, STV did not show the FA Cup final also, what a joke.

any way around this ? I got a HD tuner on my tv, there is no way to get proper ITV tuned in?

I dont mind BBC Scotland showing the scots footie before motd but stv is really crap.!

they may as well show friggin pokemon...

Corrie 3
04-Jun-11, 15:09
The footie is on English ITV stations, cant you just tune into those?

C3......:D

meyman
04-Jun-11, 15:15
Is there not enough footie progs on the telly. Also do they show the Scottish footie in England, doubt it.

toffee_pie
04-Jun-11, 15:53
The footie is on English ITV stations, cant you just tune into those?

C3......:D

no you cant, thats why i am asking here.

AFAIK you cant get ITV at all in scotland?

I am talking about freeview (hd) of course...

stupid if you ask me, i think all channels and variants should be available to everyone in the uk. not like they dont have enough bandwidth for them

Dialyser
04-Jun-11, 16:05
You can get all the regional ITV channels with Sky, but as far as I can tell not with freeview. What about going to a pub to watch it?

Corrie 3
04-Jun-11, 16:21
no you cant, thats why i am asking here.

AFAIK you cant get ITV at all in scotland?

I am talking about freeview (hd) of course...

stupid if you ask me, i think all channels and variants should be available to everyone in the uk. not like they dont have enough bandwidth for them
Sorry TP, I have Freesat and you can get all channels in the UK....What about watching it on your PC, is that possible?

C3....:roll::(

golach
04-Jun-11, 16:49
Try here for help, my son now has STV HD, using info from here
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Mystical Potato Head
04-Jun-11, 17:10
So, was going to look forward to watching England on HD later today, only to see STV are showing ...

agatha christies poirot..:roll::roll:

Seriously, who watches this stuff, STV did not show the FA Cup final also, what a joke.
any way around this ? I got a HD tuner on my tv, there is no way to get proper ITV tuned in?

I dont mind BBC Scotland showing the scots footie before motd but stv is really crap.!

they may as well show friggin pokemon...

This is Scotland after all,not England,dont see many of the English independant channels catering for anyone interested in anything Scottish so why should STV show English football?

Kevin Milkins
04-Jun-11, 17:45
I can get Emmerdale from Yorkshire, Corrie from Manchester, and Eastenders from London.
I don't have sky, just free view.

theone
04-Jun-11, 18:25
STV, paid for by advertising, cannot afford to buy the rights to many sporting events.

There was a lot of stuff in the papers a year or two ago about us not getting champions league games up here, whereas it was on in England.

annmarie
04-Jun-11, 18:34
go to england

Corrie 3
04-Jun-11, 18:38
I can get Emmerdale from Yorkshire, Corrie from Manchester, and Eastenders from London.
I don't have sky, just free view.
And River City from Glasgow?....:lol:

C3......[lol]:roll:

sids
04-Jun-11, 19:08
Thank heavens they don't show moronic bilge like the England games or the English cup final.

Kodiak
04-Jun-11, 20:31
If you have SKY HD then this is what to do to get ITV London in HD.

Press services

Then scroll along to add Channels

Then put in this info
H,
5/6.

Then Press yellow Button to search

It will search and then it will give you a window with several Channels including ITV1 HD choose the channel/s you want, Highlight the channel and press yellow button to select, then when finished press select.

To access channel you do this

Press Services, Press Select, Press 5, Press Select, Pick the channel you want then press Select.

You should then have ITV1 HD but you can not Pause or record and you can only watch Live.