PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Loo Rolls, 5p a litre off fuel

bekisman
03-Jun-11, 16:59
Just been to Wick Tesco, if you buy two packs (£7.98 total) of 'Tesco Luxury Soft toilet rolls' you get 5p a litre off - seems they are doing it in Thurso Tesco's too.. Seeing as we use this loo roll anyway, seemed a good offer...

meyman
03-Jun-11, 19:06
:confused what a totally random offer!

bekisman
03-Jun-11, 19:12
:confused what a totally random offer!
Must admit I was confused; seemed too easy, and no-one else noticed it, so asked at the Service Desk..

Had near enough ten of our friends have a sudden need for bog rolls!

poppett
04-Jun-11, 13:31
Thurso store were advertising this offer in the car park today and also on the end of the cornflakes aisle.

little miss breezy breeks
04-Jun-11, 14:22
Did anyone else not notice the Andrex next to them 18 rolls for a £1 less and they will probably last longer and save you the equivalent or more than you would get off your petrol/diesel unless you had an empty tank.

strath01
04-Jun-11, 15:09
Does anyone else notice how Tesco's have taken over everyone's minds in Caithness. How about supporting the Co-op (a far more ethical company) and local shops instead. I have no time for this company anymore after giving most of my wages to them for food and fuel for the past 2 years and watching local shops close down. A disgrace.

Corrie 3
04-Jun-11, 15:12
Does anyone else notice how Tesco's have taken over everyone's minds in Caithness. How about supporting the Co-op (a far more ethical company) and local shops instead. I have no time for this company anymore after giving most of my wages to them for food and fuel for the past 2 years and watching local shops close down. A disgrace.
Have you ever tried to get anything fresh from the Co-op? Their bread is as hard and stale as a rock, their meat is brown and wilting and I wont even mention the fruit and veg!!!!
Well done Tesco is all I can say, best thing that happened to Caithness!!!

C3.....:roll:;):D

bekisman
04-Jun-11, 15:20
(I wondered how long it would be before this old chestnut came up again)
Yes quite agree, went into Co-op to fill up and they don't have fuel!, oh blast I said I'll have to continue paying some 12-15p a litre over the price of Inverness fuel.. Look there's been plenty of threads knocking Tesco, but this thread was about the fact if you use this type of bog roll, and get £3.50 a filling off, then it's fine by me..

You carry on using the 'local shops' but please don't tell me you use, Homebase, Pets at Home, Argos, Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Carpetright, New Look, Superdrug, Haldanes, Lidl etc?

Maccy
04-Jun-11, 21:56

If you are so concerned about all these other businesses why dont you just give them a weekly donation.

ducati
04-Jun-11, 22:02
I buy everything at tesco, I would happily give them a donation every week. And it seems for every £6000 a year I spend with them they give 15 quid back in vouchers. They are very generous. :lol:

starfish
04-Jun-11, 22:11
Have you ever tried to get anything fresh from the Co-op? Their bread is as hard and stale as a rock, their meat is brown and wilting and I wont even mention the fruit and veg!!!!
Well done Tesco is all I can say, best thing that happened to Caithness!!!

C3.....:roll:;):D

i agree and haldeans is a waste of space so where are we meant to shop

Kells
05-Jun-11, 23:17
Is there a local grocer shop in wick?

Leanne
05-Jun-11, 23:45
I think the loo discount is saying that the price of fuel is poo!

onecalledk
06-Jun-11, 00:03
the promotion makes little sense at all, there is another promotion on loo rolls that is two packs for £7.50 as another post has already mentioned but if you buy the 18 roll pack of SAME brand its only £7! not sure why tesco have to make it so complicated to buy loo roll, need to walk down the aisle with a calculator at this rate !

K