PDA

View Full Version : Edinbugh Council bans election posters

golach
03-Jun-11, 13:14
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/254252-city-of-edinburgh-council-bans-election-posters/

I personally think this is a good thing, they were just a blight on the beauty of my adopted city, I cannot care less if it means a lack of voters coming out to vote. What would Orgers say if Highland Council went down the same road.

Duncansby
03-Jun-11, 13:43
Caithness hasn't had a council since 1996.

donss
03-Jun-11, 14:47
Sick of seeing these posters being put up all over the county, weeks in advance of any election, and being left in position for far, far too long afterwards....
I wouldn't mind these being posted, so long as they are removed, all of them, within a few days or a week after the event.

Not that that's likely to happen......

golach
03-Jun-11, 15:14
Caithness hasn't had a council since 1996.

Ach weel whoever is in charge up there then [lol]

oldmarine
03-Jun-11, 15:24
Sounds like a good idea. I believe they should do that in the USA. Too many towns/cities wait too long to take down their election posters.

Bazeye
03-Jun-11, 21:19
Should just ban politicians instead.

Bazeye
03-Jun-11, 21:20
Then there'd be no need for the posters.

Corrie 3
04-Jun-11, 09:22
I think they should ban the Tory, LibDem, Labour & Green posters and just leave the SNP ones up, just to annoy Golach!!!!!

C3................:roll:;):lol:

golach
04-Jun-11, 10:23
I think they should ban the Tory, LibDem, Labour & Green posters and just leave the SNP ones up, just to annoy Golach!!!!!

C3................

What a sad sick person you are[disgust]

Corrie 3
04-Jun-11, 10:29
What a sad sick person you are[disgust]
I was just thinking the same about you Golach, you are the first person I have ever known that suddenly dislikes a person when you find out they are a Nationalist!!... how sad and sick is that?

C3.....:roll:;)

Novice
04-Jun-11, 12:48
Emotive things these signs !

donnick
04-Jun-11, 13:01
one of my pet hate these signs

poppett
04-Jun-11, 13:26
Just a waste of time and money IMHO. Folks will vote or not regardless of signs. Maybe we should go one step further and do away with polling station voting and just have postal votes for all?

DeHaviLand
05-Jun-11, 20:42
The right to put these posters up for General Elections is enshrined in law. Perhaps Edinburgh Councillors should make it clear that this applies to local elections only.

ducati
06-Jun-11, 17:57
I like naturists.

golach
06-Jun-11, 19:03
The right to put these posters up for General Elections is enshrined in law. Perhaps Edinburgh Councillors should make it clear that this applies to local elections only.
Why, its our city, other cities haver done the same. Show me where the posting of political party posters are enshrined in law, where it is local elections or national elections.

pat
07-Jun-11, 08:55
Understand there is a bye law of Edinburgh Council that the posters have to be down with I think 2 weeks of any election - they did enforce it for a good few years and definitely did charge the candidate who did not comply with the ruling.