PDA

View Full Version : Lost for words !!!

Corrie 3
01-Jun-11, 12:44
I am so, so angry at reading this article and seeing the video clips.....sorry but I need to go and calm down!!!
(Warning!! The article and clips may be very upsetting to some folk)!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13548222

C3....:mad::(

Sandra_B
01-Jun-11, 16:15
That's the place that was on TV, right?

I don't know how their undercover reporter could stand to watch what was going on and not put a stop to it. Disgusting behaviour and the fact supervisors knew and the place had been reported and it still went on...words fail me.

Corrie 3
01-Jun-11, 17:03
That's the place that was on TV, right?

I don't know how their undercover reporter could stand to watch what was going on and not put a stop to it. Disgusting behaviour and the fact supervisors knew and the place had been reported and it still went on...words fail me.
The reporter did very well in not stepping in and stopping it......now he has proof there will be prosecutions, if he had stepped in and stopped things they could have got away with their vile crimes!!
But as he said, it will haunt him forever and I am not surprised!!

C3.....:(

cherokee
01-Jun-11, 17:48
I really applaud Joe Casey in being able to keep his cool whilst filming such dire and disgusting acts of, what basically amounts to, torturing vulnerable people !

His filming has now made a lot of people sit up and think about how those individuals have and probably are still being treated in various establishments across our country. Why or how those who own this "care-home" can say they had an idea of what was happening and allow it to continue......just completely beggars belief !

I quote the following :........

In a statement, the Care Quality Commission said, following an internal review, it recognised that "there were indications of problems at this hospital which should have led to us taking action sooner".

I can only pray to God that this situation is severely dealt with ......but, I fear, that in todays climate.... the perpetrators of such heinous acts will be given something like a £500 fine and/or 100 hours of community work. Just a wee slap on their wrists !!!!!.........[evil][evil][evil]

Just editing my post to say thank you Corrie 3 for bringing this appauling situation to our attention.

tootz
01-Jun-11, 18:02
this is going on everywhere, right under our noses. the worst thing is it makes the good carers look bad.

Kells
01-Jun-11, 18:19
this is going on everywhere, right under our noses. the worst thing is it makes the good carers look bad.

If as you say this is going on under our noses then you need ot speak up about it..... that implies that even here in Caithness special needs groups are being abused. The family's of loved ones who require support and care need to be sure that there loved family member is being given the best possible care and never ever abused. There is excellent care given by so many carers all over the country that I hope this is isolated abuse due to bad managment of that particular group and that this will not stop families seeking the help and support they need to give the best possible care to their loved one.

Gizmo
01-Jun-11, 19:01
I watched the full program this afternoon, and I’m not afraid to admit that it just about brought me to tears, it was some of the most disturbing and shocking undercover footage i have ever seen, i could hardly believe what i was seeing, if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes and someone had told me about it, i would swear they were exaggerating. These people are the lowest of the low, and i hope every one of them is given a lengthy jail sentence for what can only be described as the torture of very vulnerable people.

Corrie 3
01-Jun-11, 19:17
I'm not ashamed to say Gizmo that I also had a weep, but then the anger came!
I have just read another story about a Collie in Malta, this dog had been bound, gagged, shot in the head with 40 pellets and then buried alive........I dont know how but he survived....
It really is time the judges and Govt's toughened up on violent and abusive crime.....I do despair at times just how cruel some people can be!!

golach
01-Jun-11, 19:24
I have just read another story about a Collie in Malta, this dog had been bound, gagged, shot in the head with 40 pellets and then buried alive........I dont know how but he survived....
It really is time the judges and Govt's toughened up on violent and abusive crime.....I do despair at times just how cruel some people can be!!

dont worry Wee Eck will sort out all these wrongs, Aye Right!!!!!!!!!

Corrie 3
01-Jun-11, 20:04
This isnt really a Political thread is it Golach?
Lets try and stay on topic please!!!

C3.....[disgust]

Doreen
01-Jun-11, 20:22
What can i say but the most utter disgust that ive seen by support workers words cannot say im horrified that this can go on i hope they get jailed it made me feel sick.

oldmarine
01-Jun-11, 20:35
I am so, so angry at reading this article and seeing the video clips.....sorry but I need to go and calm down!!!
(Warning!! The article and clips may be very upsetting to some folk)!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13548222

C3....:mad::(

After reading the article I can understand your anger and frustration. Even though Administration failed to take care of the matter in the beginning they eventually took care of the problem. That appears to happen too often. That's why our society is deterierating. Hopefully people like you can help stop this type of problem.

cherokee
01-Jun-11, 21:06

Golach - just please keep up here with the thread that Corrie 3 started..........if you should have any other questions/comments which are quite obviously unrelated to said "thread"; then I think all concerned would wish you to go elsewhere with your completley unnecessary comments ? :eek:[evil][disgust]

Walter Ego
01-Jun-11, 21:53

You're absolutely right.

We should toughen up and be held accountable for animal abuse in foreign countries.

golach
01-Jun-11, 22:17
It really is time the judges and Govt's toughened up on violent and abusive crime.....I do despair at times just how cruel some people can be!!C3.....

Golach - just please keep up here with the thread that Corrie 3 started..........if you should have any other questions/comments which are quite obviously unrelated to said "thread"; then I think all concerned would wish you to go elsewhere with your completley unnecessary comments ?

corrie 3 brought up the subject of the judges and the government not me. and cherokee if I wish at add to a post I will, its an open forum.
The MSP's are already involved with this type of atrocity nearer home
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-13559948

fingalmacool
01-Jun-11, 22:34
Governments do have a responsibility for what is happening all over Britain for this deterioration in care because when you put profit up along side care you are going to have trouble "simple"
There is no doubt there are good carers out there but I think this documentary is showing the tip of the ice berg. I will stand corrected if my assumptions are off the mark but I believe that it costs around £750/800 to keep a person in a nursing type residential home a week, however the government will only pay £500, the care homes can't afford to not take the client regardless of this price for fear of being left out of future placements, so it doesn't take a lot of thought to work out who is going to suffer because of this, and if this is the format for old folks it is probably the format for other kinds of care:confused

Gizmo
01-Jun-11, 23:05
Governments do have a responsibility for what is happening all over Britain for this deterioration in care because when you put profit up along side care you are going to have trouble "simple"
There is no doubt there are good carers out there but I think this documentary is showing the tip of the ice berg. I will stand corrected if my assumptions are off the mark but I believe that it costs around £750/800 to keep a person in a nursing type residential home a week, however the government will only pay £500, the care homes can't afford to not take the client regardless of this price for fear of being left out of future placements, so it doesn't take a lot of thought to work out who is going to suffer because of this, and if this is the format for old folks it is probably the format for other kinds of care:confused

If i remember correctly. i think it was mentioned that the weekly cost per person at this private hospital was £3,500

oldmarine
02-Jun-11, 01:51
You're absolutely right.

We should toughen up and be held accountable for animal abuse in foreign countries.

I agree with those who want to protect our animal friends. Those who harm their pets should be held accountable.

Novice
03-Jun-11, 14:17
I think this thread has just snapped !