PDA

View Full Version : Young tabby cat seen near Rumster Forest (Lybster)

Tilly Teckel
31-May-11, 23:49
This evening at around 8.30pm I spotted a cat on the single track road leading from Lybster to Achavanich. It was around 200 yards from the entrance to Rumster Forest. The nearest house is at least 3 miles away and as far as I know it doesn't live on that road.

The cat appeared quite young and small, thin but not starved. It was a grey/brown tabby. Couldn't get close enough to see if it was male or female. I tried coaxing it toward me but it ran off. However it didn't seem feral, just a little wary. I would have persevered but I had my dogs in the car!

I have checked the Cats Protection website and can't see it reported missing on there but I have emailed them the details.

I go down that road almost every day so will have another go at finding him/her. If anyone is missing a similar cat you can PM me and I'll accompany you to where I saw it.

Thanks.

muffin
01-Jun-11, 12:45
We were feeding an identical cat for several weeks in Upper Lybster, we tried to adopt it but it wouldn't come too close, in the end the dog scared it away, we see it quite often around the area but can't get it to come back. I did put a post on here to see if it belonged to anyone but got no replies.

therealducati
02-Jun-11, 11:35
Not impossible that it is a Scottish Wildcat or a hybrid (I am peripherally involved with the Cairngorm Highland Tiger project) , which may explain its timidity. I have seen three snce moving here- one at Latheron turn off, one on the road to Gillock from the A9 and one whilst on the Archeological trail.