PDA

View Full Version : Giving Blood Today

cherokee
31-May-11, 19:20
Just curious to know who all donated blood today in Wick ?

I got my "Silver Badge" today and I feel quite chuffed with myself. :)

I lost my Mum to a disease which required her to have a lot of blood transfusions; so this is only one of the many reasons that I try to "donate" when I can. ( I'm actually terrified of needles - LOL ! :eek:)

Doreen
31-May-11, 19:38
Well done Cherokee so you should be proud my daughter gave her first pint last week and felt so proud to x

RecQuery
31-May-11, 20:25
I've donated about 31 times according to my scorecard which is about the theoretical maximum for my age, I've received various trinkets (lots of pens, keyrings and badges) - I think when I get to 50 I get a plaque of some sort.

rhino
31-May-11, 20:29
well done, I have just been and this was my 35th donation, so not long until my gold

Tugmistress
31-May-11, 20:38
I can't go any more :( i did donate blood about 5 times but then because some rules changed, because i had a blood transfusion in 1990 they wont accept my blood now :(

well done to those that can and do donate, i would be dead if it were not for the 5 units i received :)

Corrie 3
31-May-11, 21:27
Well done to everyone who donated blood, I am in awe of you all!
Congratulations Cherokee on getting your award, that is brilliant.
I feel quite sad that they dont want my blood anymore, it always looks ok to me.

C3.....:roll:;)

Beat Bug
31-May-11, 21:43
They wouldn't take mine today, blood pressure up a bit. Same last time. I've given 34 so far. Hubby has given over 50, but can't any more because of heart problems. Hope they can take mine again soon!

Leanne
31-May-11, 22:10
I gave today too!

In England I wasn't allowed to give as my BP was too low but they are less strict up here ;)

Tugmistress - that is the big bummer about receiving blood - another donor lost :( But at least you got your payback for all the people you saved :)

suzywonton123
31-May-11, 22:52
i gave my 10th pint 2day in glasgow as im away from home,got my bronze award for 10 pints:).

DIH
31-May-11, 23:00
I gave my 45th pint today. I'm trying desperately to get my 50th badge. Well done to everyone who gave today.

J1985
31-May-11, 23:52
Well done to all who gave blood today....i gave my 1st ever pint of blood today and will defo be giving another when there back in september....it didnt hurt a bit...i was also very proud to see the amount of young people in giving blood when i was in.

Doreen
01-Jun-11, 01:02
Icant give blood either because of health probs i wish i could.

Leanne
01-Jun-11, 01:28
My OH can't give blood due to kidney problems. I think if he could give blood he would probably fait at the size of the needle - he's bad enough with the little green ones, never mind the big dobbing cow sized ones!

Edit - not that the big dobbing cow sized ones hurt...