PDA

View Full Version : Every divorcee's nightmare?

Rheghead
31-May-11, 16:39
I read this article online and I just cannot believe what happened, the exwife forged IVF papers and had two kids with her ex husband's sperm. I don't think there is an offence that fully covers this, it seems to be worse than just theft.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8544783/Woman-had-two-children-after-secretly-taking-ex-husbands-frozen-sperm.html

Bobinovich
31-May-11, 17:45
Rather than pay her £100,000 the judge should have given the father full custody of the two children and the ex should have been locked away for theft, deception and fraud! What kind of example is that to set for the kids? and heaven knows how many other unscrupulous women will contemplate the same sort of 'trick' knowing they can get away with it :(

The IVF clinic should also be sued for not having procedures in place whereby the sperm donor is traced &, if agreeable to her being given the treatment with the full ramifications explained, sign at the clinic itself.

'Nuff said!

mummieslilgirl
01-Jun-11, 22:12
I totally agree with Bob :D

golach
01-Jun-11, 22:54
I read this article online and I just cannot believe what happened, the exwife forged IVF papers and had two kids with her ex husband's sperm. I don't think there is an offence that fully covers this, it seems to be worse than just theft.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8544783/Woman-had-two-children-after-secretly-taking-ex-husbands-frozen-sperm.html
No men are safe from preditory women such as this.

RecQuery
02-Jun-11, 10:02
That and things like that are shockingly common - including some crazy women freezing the sperm themselves for use later without telling the man, or incapacitating the man and essentially raping him - and very disappointingly not a lot of happens, actually in most cases the 'donor' is forced to pay child support and told to get over it. Most of the women who do this sort of thing plead the sob story about feeling their biological clock ticking etc. Also there's a distinct lack of mainstream media coverage for most of it.

EDIT:
I can't be bothered providing references for when I said this is quite common, but will if required.